Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-21-2015, 02:24 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Palmers biggest weakness: Durability

he recovers quick though....
Reply/Quote
Let the (national) media harp on every crap team. Who cares? Most of the time they talk about the Bengals it's something negative or else finding an excuse why opponents lost as opposed to why the Bengals won. All I need from the big networks is to broadcast Bengals games every week and put up highlights of the games afterwards. What this or that talking head has to say is of no interest to me. Ultimately, getting kudos does not win football games.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:10 PM)jason Wrote: Bengals were 3 -0 last year.  Top of the power rankings...  Then they got smashed.  The media will drink the Bengals' Kool Aid when they win in mid January, and not a second sooner.

This. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:08 PM)treee Wrote: Lmao have you seen our LB corp? Rey M., AJ Hawk, and Vinny Rey? We're lucky that we have such a good Dline or else we'd be getting destroyed on the ground.

At the game yesterday it stood out that the 2nd level of the defense looked like a ghost town. It was wide open. They couldn't get off blocks, and if they could they were too slow to get to the ball. The irony is that 57 made a great play to end the game. They stepped up when it mattered most.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:29 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Yeah.  Especially a guy who quit on this franchise to play for the Raiders.

I wish him all the best.  

I do find it funny how a lot of the guys that are quick to trash Marvin and Mike are usually some of the loudest that complain about Carson's departure.

I apologize for actually making sense of this, but shouldn't the Marv/Mike detractors be thrilled with one of the very few guys that have essentially told them to shove it???

Save the condescending comment about how the Bengals won the war since they've gone to the playoffs a bunch since Carson left and yada yada yada. Why have an issue with how Carson "quit" if he's the guy that stuck it to the team for continuing to employ mediocre Marv?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:53 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The team was talked about last night on the NBC show, the defense was the subject of Tony Dungy's "I'm lovin it" segment.  I've seen the game talked about on both ESPN and NFL network, plus they were mentioned several times in Peter King's MMQB column this morning.

Yes, the Bengals were mentioned in MMQB both this week and last week:

Last week - something about maybe we shouldn't have counted them as dead and buried so soon

This week - something about Andy Dalton getting booed at the all star softball game

I take the bias with a grain of salt but it oozes out of Peter Kings writing. I don't know what happened to him here in Cincy but he's grumpy about something.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I do find it funny how a lot of the guys that are quick to trash Marvin and Mike are usually some of the loudest that complain about Carson's departure.

I apologize for actually making sense of this, but shouldn't the Marv/Mike detractors be thrilled with one of the very few guys that have essentially told them to shove it???

Save the condescending comment about how the Bengals won the war since they've gone to the playoffs a bunch since Carson left and yada yada yada. Why have an issue with how Carson "quit" if he's the guy that stuck it to the team for continuing to employ mediocre Marv?

I wouldn't consider myself a "detractor".  Say what you will about Marv but he has been the most successful coach in franchise history.  Mikey hired him and has also opened the checkbook to keep the best players here.

Carson quit on this team. He didn't leave to go to a better situation than he was in.  He went to the ***** Raiders.  Sorry if I don't have a soft spot for someone who quit on a franchise that has had more success with him being gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:19 PM)treee Wrote: I don't know if I'd say our Defense was great. I can definitely see them getting exploited by a good OC if they don't get their shit together.

THIS... especially the poor tackling by interior LBers.  And did the other safety (I think it was #20) miss practice all week? WOW! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:24 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: At the game yesterday it stood out that the 2nd level of the defense looked like a ghost town. It was wide open. They couldn't get off blocks, and if they could they were too slow to get to the ball. The irony is that 57 made a great play to end the game. They stepped up when it mattered most.
Yes, and he had one other good stop after failing several time to stay on his feet and make the tackle. I am surprised, and very glad, he held onto the ball after hitting the turf hard.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:40 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I wouldn't consider myself a "detractor".  Say what you will about Marv but he has been the most successful coach in franchise history.  Mikey hired him and has also opened the checkbook to keep the best players here.

Carson quit on this team. He didn't leave to go to a better situation than he was in.  He went to the ***** Raiders.  Sorry if I don't have a soft spot for someone who quit on a franchise that has had more success with him being gone.

The fact that he didn't leave to go to a better situation than he was in should be a very obvious indication there was a hell of a lot more going on behind closed doors than us fans know about.  Besides he didn't quit to go play for a specific team.  He told the Bengals he wouldn't play for them anymore then Cincy decided who to trade him to.  He didn't care who he played for, just not the Bengals.  Besides, everyone should be thanking him. By him doing this it looks like the team took a look at how they were doing things and decided to pull their head out of their asses.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:10 PM)crispy Wrote: The fact that he didn't leave to go to a better situation than he was in should be a very obvious indication there was a hell of a lot more going on behind closed doors than us fans know about.  Besides he didn't quit to go play for a specific team.  He told the Bengals he wouldn't play for them anymore then Cincy decided who to trade him to.  He didn't care who he played for, just not the Bengals.  Besides, everyone should be thanking him. By him doing this it looks like the team took a look at how they were doing things and decided to pull their head out of their asses.

As you admit, he quit on the team.  Mike Brown made the guy one of the richest QB in the history of the game at the time.  Drafted AJ Green for him to throw too.  Considering that we made the playoffs that same season things weren't all that disastrous.  Short of Marvin and Mike tag teaming his wife I can't see any situation that would justify him quitting on the team the way he did.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:40 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I wouldn't consider myself a "detractor".  Say what you will about Marv but he has been the most successful coach in franchise history.  Mikey hired him and has also opened the checkbook to keep the best players here.

Meh, Palmer is on a great team now and he's being pegged as a key factor to a Super Bowl run.  You can focus on the pointless season and a half with the Raiders if you like, but he's now on the NFC's version of the Bengals.  Plus, what would staying here for another 5-8 seasons have really accomplished?

The Bengals are better off, Carson is better off, the team he is on is better off and so on and so forth.  He made the right career decision, though I'll admit he did seem like a bit of a dope when the Bengals were in the playoffs and he was on the Raiders.  That was then, this is now.  So be it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:16 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: As you admit, he quit on the team.  Mike Brown made the guy one of the richest QB in the history of the game at the time.  Drafted AJ Green for him to throw too.  Considering that we made the playoffs that same season things weren't all that disastrous.  Short of Marvin and Mike tag teaming his wife I can't see any situation that would justify him quitting on the team the way he did.  

Blargh, you don't even have the facts straight.  The Bengals made him a rich QB as any team that would have drafted him would have.  Carson being a top 3 QB when he signed that contract is what made him rich...you act like he was some bum Mike Brown took a flyer on or some unknown gem ala Romo or Brady.  AJ was drafted after he said he wasn't coming back and he left because he had job offers elsewhere.

The only question I have is IF he hadn't wanted out in 2010 and he just kept his mouth shut and stayed do you think still would be the Bengals QB, winning 10+ games, and getting 15 million a year?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:16 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: As you admit, he quit on the team.  Mike Brown made the guy one of the richest QB in the history of the game at the time.  Drafted AJ Green for him to throw too.  Considering that we made the playoffs that same season things weren't all that disastrous.  Short of Marvin and Mike tag teaming his wife I can't see any situation that would justify him quitting on the team the way he did.  

They were going to draft Green regardless.  I doubt they drafted him just for Palmer.  Again, just cause you can't imagine the situation that would justify quitting doesn't mean there wasn't one.  Dude had a serious issue with someone or something that he just didn't want to be part of anymore.  Yes, he paid him well but didn't he also lose a big chunk of that money by "quitting"?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 12:32 AM)crispy Wrote: They were going to draft Green regardless.  I doubt they drafted him just for Palmer.  Again, just cause you can't imagine the situation that would justify quitting doesn't mean there wasn't one.  Dude had a serious issue with someone or something that he just didn't want to be part of anymore.  Yes, he paid him well but didn't he also lose a big chunk of that money by "quitting"?

The very likely reason Carson wanted out has been outlined and it'd be pretty reasonable to Bengals fans if Carson worked for anyone on earth other than Mike Brown.  People don't want to listen because they would rather delude themselves into being butthurt victims.  Meh!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Blargh, you don't even have the facts straight.  The Bengals made him a rich QB as any team that would have drafted him would have.  Carson being a top 3 QB when he signed that contract is what made him rich...you act like he was some bum Mike Brown took a flyer on or some unknown gem ala Romo or Brady.  AJ was drafted after he said he wasn't coming back and he left because he had job offers elsewhere.

The only question I have is IF he hadn't wanted out in 2010 and he just kept his mouth shut and stayed do you think still would be the Bengals QB, winning 10+ games, and getting 15 million a year?

He was drafted by the Bengals.  And they made him very rich.  He pays them back by  quitting on the team.  

You act like someone from management slept with his wife.  AJ would have been drafted regardless and had he stayed he would have played on playoff teams the last four seasons.  And if he was so much better than Dalton, they probably would have won some playoff games.  

Sorry if I'm not going to ride the jock of a dude who quit on this franchise.  A franchise that's only been one of the best in the league since he has gone.  Some would imply he left because this was a sinking ship and mess of a franchise.  Well 4 straight playoff games says otherwise. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 12:58 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: He was drafted by the Bengals.  And they made him very rich.  He pays them back by  quitting on the team.  

You act like someone from management slept with his wife.  AJ would have been drafted regardless and had he stayed he would have played on playoff teams the last four seasons.  And if he was so much better than Dalton, they probably would have won some playoff games.  

Sorry if I'm not going to ride the jock of a dude who quit on this franchise.  A franchise that's only been one of the best in the league since he has gone.  Some would imply he left because this was a sinking ship and mess of a franchise.  Well 4 straight playoff games says otherwise. 

I respect your opinion, but you are injecting way too much emotion, opinion, and conjecture into this.  I asserted that you didn't have an actual factual grasp on the reason he wanted to leave the Bengals and your response substantiates that claim.  To each his own. You and I agree on lots of things (if I recall correctly) but this obviously isn't one of them. Hain't no thang, because I'm not even telling you to like the guy much less ride his jock.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 12:32 AM)crispy Wrote: They were going to draft Green regardless.  I doubt they drafted him just for Palmer.  Again, just cause you can't imagine the situation that would justify quitting doesn't mean there wasn't one.  Dude had a serious issue with someone or something that he just didn't want to be part of anymore.  Yes, he paid him well but didn't he also lose a big chunk of that money by "quitting"?

They HAD to draft Green no matter what. They knew Palmer was walking, and that they had to get a QB in the 2nd round. Jerome Simpson would have been our #1 receiver that year if we didn't draft Green, because our top 2 receivers left in that off season.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 01:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: They HAD to draft Green no matter what. They knew Palmer was walking, and that they had to get a QB in the 2nd round. Jerome Simpson would have been our #1 receiver that year if we didn't draft Green, because our top 2 receivers left in that off season.

We were getting rid of Chad and TO so we had to draft someone.  It was a good year to grab a WR high because Braylon Edwards had me scurred of top 5 pick WRs for need.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 01:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We were getting rid of Chad and TO so we had to draft someone.  It was a good year to grab a WR high because Braylon Edwards had me scurred of top 5 pick WRs for need.

Good thing we drafted Green then Dalton. Otherwise I doubt this team would have a winning record the past 4 years.
Reply/Quote