Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-25-2015, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That is your perception and opinion of the situation, and I respect that.

It just seems like your a Palmer fan first, and a Bengals fan second.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 08:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It just seems like your a Palmer fan first, and a Bengals fan second.

Seems like you are a Dalton fan first and a Bengals fan second. Hand to whatever god you believe in, if Dalton left the Bengals you wanted to see Dalton lead his new team to the promised land I wouldn't give you a hard time for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 08:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seems like you are a Dalton fan first and a Bengals fan second.

Damn, that's the truth.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 08:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seems like you are a Dalton fan first and a Bengals fan second. Hand to whatever god you believe in, if Dalton left the Bengals you wanted to see Dalton lead his new team to the promised land I wouldn't give you a hard time for it.

(09-25-2015, 08:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Damn, that's the truth.

If Dalton left and The Bengals played him in the SB you better believe I would want Dalton to have to worst game of his career against us.

I would still root for him, but never against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 08:47 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If Dalton left and The Bengals played him in the SB you better believe I would want Dalton to have to worst game of his career against us.

I would still root for him, but never against the Bengals.

See,  I don't quite get that.  Honestly, if you are a huge Dalton fan I wouldn't hold it against you even if you did want to see him win.  The Bengals have been around since 1968 and will be around for a long time.  If you wanted to see Dalton get a chance to win it in his short time frame, or even if you (like me) admitted that you'd be conflicted over it, I wouldn't hold it against you.

To each his own.  If you feel like me saying I wouldn't be 100% for the Bengals beating the Cardinals in the super bowl is treason then feel free to ban me from this site.  I'm just being honest and I figured a lifetime of being a suffering Bengals fan would buy be some brownie points with my own kind.  Alas, I guess I'm just not a "fan."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 08:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: See,  I don't quite get that.  Honestly, if you are a huge Dalton fan I wouldn't hold it against you even if you did want to see him win.  The Bengals have been around since 1968 and will be around for a long time.  If you wanted to see Dalton get a chance to win it in his short time frame, or even if you (like me) admitted that you'd be conflicted over it, I wouldn't hold it against you.

To each his own.  If you feel like me saying I wouldn't be 100% for the Bengals beating the Cardinals in the super bowl is treason then feel free to ban me from this site.  I'm just being honest and I figured a lifetime of being a suffering Bengals fan would buy be some brownie points with my own kind.  Alas, I guess I'm just not a "fan."

I was high on Palmer until his last year here. You're still a Bengals fan, but you just a Palmer fan first. Palmer did nothing for me except disapoint me a lot of the time. Dalton came in after I thought the Bengals were going to be like they were in the 90s, but The team became better than what they were in the past. Plus Dalton is still on the Bengals team, and all he's done is win even in his first few year when he didn't have any weapons.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 09:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I was high on Palmer until his last year here. You're still a Bengals fan, but you just a Palmer fan first. Palmer did nothing for me except disapoint me a lot of the time. Dalton came in after I thought the Bengals were going to be like they were in the 90s, but The team became better than what they were in the past. Plus Dalton is still on the Bengals team, and all he's done is win even in his first few year when he didn't have any weapons.

I am in tune with what I am and how I feel about the Bengals.  Why certain people feel the need to think they are explaining things to me is beyond my comprehension.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 08:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Holy Carson Palmer butthurt thread.

I used to be butthurt over Palmer leaving.  Then I experienced working at a horrible job that was going nowhere, and it made me feel his pain a bit.  I definitely didn't stay at my job, so why should I hold him to a different standard?

Did that job make you a multimillionaire? Did you whine and cry and pretend to retire? Did you finally get your way when another company was stupid enough to take you on, and then quit on them too?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 09:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Did that job make you a multimillionaire?  Did you whine and cry and pretend to retire?  Did you finally get your way when another company was stupid enough to take you on, and then quit on them too?

If you think Carson Palmer "quit on the Raiders too" then you really are refusing to look at this situation objectively.  You are entitled to that, I just think it's pretty interesting how people seem to say these things as if this situation is as simple as they want it to be.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 09:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Did that job make you a multimillionaire?  Did you whine and cry and pretend to retire?  Did you finally get your way when another company was stupid enough to take you on, and then quit on them too?

What does the pay scale have to do with it?  I was compensated very nicely at my old job and took a position paying less to make myself happy.  Money isn't everything.

How did he whine?  Serious question, because I don't remember it.  

If I grow tired of the new company that I'm with and it makes me miserable, I will quit on them as well.  Anyone that looks after themselves and their own has my respect, even if others feel that they should stay in a position that they hate.

Butthurt is butthurt.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't know why we as a fanbase always seem convinced that nobody is giving the Bengals any credit. I don't think that is remotely true right now. Most sports media outlets are currently raving about what the Bengals have done in their first two games, and placing them somewhere in the top 7 or so teams in the league. The Bengals are getting a ton of respect right now. Exactly how much love do we think they should be getting?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 09:52 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: I don't know why we as a fanbase always seem convinced that nobody is giving the Bengals any credit.  I don't think that is remotely true right now.  Most sports media outlets are currently raving about what the Bengals have done in their first two games, and placing them somewhere in the top 7 or so teams in the league.  The Bengals are getting a ton of respect right now.  Exactly how much love do we think they should be getting?

I don't get it either.  There is an entire thread where people are complaining about NO ONE picking the Bengals to beat the Ravens and I posted a picture of ESPN's picks and 8 out of 14 of them are picking the Bengals to win and people went right on complaining about NO ONE picking the Bengals to win.

This place is getting craaaaazy.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 03:46 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So most people on the planet are "quitters".  Got it.

Well if you quit from your job, I don't know what else to call you. Quitter = one who quits.

I don't understand people trying to mirror their simple 9-5 with the once in a life time opportunity of being an pro athlete, but yea if you're a part of a team environment and you stop doing your part for the team you quit on the team. If you wanted to leave your company you'd quit the company. In both senses you're a quitter.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 03:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What season should he have finished?  The 2011 one?  Wasn't he under contract until the end of 2011 or was it 2012?  I just feel like if Carson had played 2 more seasons here and then gone to another team and it leaked that he lost faith in the franchise after 2010 people would be complaining that he should have left instead of showing up and collecting a paycheck when the Bengals could have gotten a QB who wanted to be here.

And to get back to the original notion, there are also people who hate their jobs and bosses and organizations and clock in to work every day, as well.  Some people quit, some lazily soldier on, and some just turn off their brains and give 100% to an organization that treats them like crap.  So it goes.

I'd say until the 2011 season. Maybe give AJ a shot with Palmer, but who knows. I never considered how the fans would've reacted if it leaked. i don't really care about Palmer going elsewhere, hope he does great with the Cards. Personally I find it funny he wanted out so bad he was ok with going with the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 10:31 PM)type_stripe Wrote: I'd say until the 2011 season. Maybe give AJ a shot with Palmer, but who knows. I never considered how the fans would've reacted if it leaked. i don't really care about Palmer going elsewhere, hope he does great with the Cards. Personally I find it funny he wanted out so bad he was ok with going with the Raiders.

Which is why it should be obvious that it was something personal with the the FO and that it didn't have anything to do with the 4-12 record
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 10:51 PM)crispy Wrote: Which is why it should be obvious that it was something personal with the the FO and that it didn't have anything to do with the 4-12 record

Wouldnt deny most of it was personal. The 4-12 record was probably the last straw though.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 11:31 PM)type_stripe Wrote: Wouldnt deny most of it was personal. The 4-12 record was probably the last straw though.

Then why didn't he "quit" right after they lost?  Didn't a few weeks and certain events happen before he made his demand?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 11:44 PM)crispy Wrote: Then why didn't he "quit" right after they lost?  Didn't a few weeks and certain events happen before he made his demand?

I've explained what actually transpired after the 2010 season but people don't want to hear it.  They'd rather just assume Carson is a quitter, you know, despite the fact that he is still a starting QB in the NFL and all that pesky evidence to the contrary.
Reply/Quote
The irrelevance in one thread...absolutely amazing.

It would be like me saying, man, gold toilets not being in space is a real pain when I'm eating cheetos talking on my original iPhone.

What does any of this have to do with anything? *shrugs* I love Palmer, but he is gone, as should the controversy and the discussions about him.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:47 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: I can see it now.

Bengals Win Superbowl!

"Congrats to the Bengals on the win."
"Now to whats going on in Chicago."
"Joey Chesnut just broke the world hot dog eating record."
"Now lets go into a little more detail about those wieners."

lmfao  Smirk
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote