Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-25-2015, 03:26 PM)type_stripe Wrote: Yes. They quit. They are quitters. Same applies to Palmer's final actions in Cincy. Regardless of management or coaching. He could've and should've finished the season. Someone should hAve given him a straw...

So most people on the planet are "quitters".  Got it.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 03:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Why would I want that?  Things are going well since CP left.

CP left after a 4-12 season with the owner making no real changes.  I'm guessing you have never left a job to make more money and/or have a better workplace artmosphere that you believe in.

Now if you had said "If only a few more marquee players would have left with CP he'll see the light even more and build a practice bubble" I would agree.

Given how the team has performed since his departure, it appears the only "real changes" that were necessary was to let Carson Palmer go.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 03:50 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Given how the team has performed since his departure, it appears the only "real changes" that were necessary was to let Carson Palmer go.  

Riiiiiiight.  And Carson Palmer is the only reason the Cardinals went from being 5-11 in 2012 to being a top team in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 03:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Riiiiiiight.  And Carson Palmer is the only reason the Cardinals went from being 5-11 in 2012 to being a top team in the NFL.

Sure.  And he's the reason the Raiders turned it around too.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 03:50 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Given how the team has performed since his departure, it appears the only "real changes" that were necessary was to let Carson Palmer go.  

Huh?  I think almost everyone knows the "real changes" were MB backing off and letting people who know what they are doing do their job.

Anyway, have a great weekend.  work is done.  I'm going to do some FPV flying!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 04:24 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Sure.  And he's the reason the Raiders turned it around too.  

Yep, Carson Palmer was a 10 win QB in 2009, then became a 4-win QB in 2010 and 2012, and now he's back to winning.  Seeing as nothing around the QB has any impact on a game it's hard to believe Carson just can't make up his mind as to whether he wants to win 10+ games per year or 4.

It's like when Dalton gets into the post-season and just decides to be a worse QB than Blaine Gabbert. Why does he do that?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 05:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, Carson Palmer was a 10 win QB in 2009, then became a 4-win QB in 2010 and 2012, and now he's back to winning.  Seeing as nothing around the QB has any impact on a game it's hard to believe Carson just can't make up his mind as to whether he wants to win 10+ games per year or 4.

It's like when Dalton gets into the post-season and just decides to be a worse QB than Blaine Gabbert.  Why does he do that?

Carson's been pretty solid in the postseason. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 05:35 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Carson's been pretty solid in the postseason. 

Yes, as long as the Bengals stay one step ahead of a specific 35 year old QB they can never be anything but awesome. Lord knows when the Bengals faceplant in the post-season the analysts say "Well, Carson Palmer never won a playoff game either!"
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 05:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, as long as the Bengals stay one step ahead of a specific 35 year old QB they can never be anything but awesome.  Lord knows when the Bengals faceplant in the post-season the analysts say "Well, Carson Palmer never won a playoff game either!"

You would like that wouldn't you?

And you guys are Bengals "fans"?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 06:20 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: You would like that wouldn't you?

And you guys are Bengals "fans"?

The fact that I was miserable in the 90s substantiates my Bengals fandom.  And I personally think Palmer AND the Bengals snap their playoff slumps this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 06:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that I was miserable in the 90s substantiates my Bengals fandom.  And I personally think Palmer AND the Bengals snap their playoff slumps this season.

If Palmer doesn't get hurt again, he could make it to the SB.  So when we play in the SB against him, who are you going to root for?  From your posts, I'm not sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 06:49 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If Palmer doesn't get hurt again, he could make it to the SB.  So when we play in the SB against him, who are you going to root for?  From your posts, I'm not sure.

No sense getting bent out of shape about that until it happens.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 06:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No sense getting bent out of shape about that until it happens.

So you are not sure if you would root for the Bengals in the Super Bowl against Palmer? That tells me everything I need to know. Park outside of Jungle Noise and root for the pansy ass Palmer. But don't pretend to be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 07:01 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So you are not sure if you would root for the Bengals in the Super Bowl against Palmer?  That tells me everything I need to know. Park outside of Jungle Noise and root for the pansy ass Palmer.  But don't pretend to be a Bengals fan.

Oh get off it.  I'm from Pittsburgh and wore Bengals stuff to school in the 90s when they started every season 0-8.  I don't need your approval to validate anything I do or have done.  This is what is wrong with people, all we want to do is look for reasons to divide ourselves and create borders and subcultures rather than accentuate the many things we have in common.

I'm not pretending to be a Bengals fan, believe me.
Reply/Quote

Your take on the Carson Palmer situation is from a cry baby's chair. Your personal feelings are hurt over what Carson Palmer told his bosses, but you should be thanking him.

- Thank Carson for Mike Brown stepping further into the shadows and giving up control of personnel decisions and contracts. 
- Carson leaving forced Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and the entire organization to rethink and change how they operated. Carson was RIGHT.... Period.
- Carson had every right to tell Mike Brown he wouldn't play for a bumbling idiot of a coach (Marvin). Mike Brown re-signed Marvin, who had squandered some very talented rosters, which is why Carson asked to be traded.
- Carson didn't retire and leave the Bengals with nothing. He left the Bengals in a GREAT position to be able to trade him. he even eluded to it at the time before any trade had taken place.
- Carson has only said great things about the city, former players, and the fans.

- The ONE place where Carson was wrong was thinking that Marvin couldn't be a better coach. Marvin has actually gotten better, but so have the coaches around him. It took Carson shoving Marvin's failures into his face to make him change, but Marvin has changed and is doing well.

- If Carson Palmer had been on this Bengals roster starting instead of Andy Dalton the Bengals would have been much much much better off. There should be no question to that given how Carson has played with a good roster in AZ.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 07:10 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Your take on the Carson Palmer situation is from a cry baby's chair. Your personal feelings are hurt over what Carson Palmer told his bosses, but you should be thanking him.

- Thank Carson for Mike Brown stepping further into the shadows and giving up control of personnel decisions and contracts. 
- Carson leaving forced Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and the entire organization to rethink and change how they operated. Carson was RIGHT.... Period.
- Carson had every right to tell Mike Brown he wouldn't play for a bumbling idiot of a coach (Marvin). Mike Brown re-signed Marvin, who had squandered some very talented rosters, which is why Carson asked to be traded.
- Carson didn't retire and leave the Bengals with nothing. He left the Bengals in a GREAT position to be able to trade him. he even eluded to it at the time before any trade had taken place.
- Carson has only said great things about the city, former players, and the fans.

- The ONE place where Carson was wrong was thinking that Marvin couldn't be a better coach. Marvin has actually gotten better, but so have the coaches around him. It took Carson shoving Marvin's failures into his face to make him change, but Marvin has changed and is doing well.

- If Carson Palmer had been on this Bengals roster starting instead of Andy Dalton the Bengals would have been much much much better off. There should be no question to that given how Carson has played with a good roster in AZ.

I'm a real "crybaby".  It's perfectly normal fan behavior to cheer for a guy who quit on a franchise after a 4-12 season.  His "retiring" really made Marvin and Mike do some soul searching.  It is because of that soul searching that the team got better.  Never mind all the brilliant personal moves they made.  

I should be wishing Carson the best.

My bad.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 07:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh get off it.  I'm from Pittsburgh and wore Bengals stuff to school in the 90s when they started every season 0-8.  I don't need your approval to validate anything I do or have done.  This is what is wrong with people, all we want to do is look for reasons to divide ourselves and create borders and subcultures rather than accentuate the many things we have in common.

I'm not pretending to be a Bengals fan, believe me.

Whatever you were doing back then, NOW you are not sure if you'd root for Palmer or the Bengals in the SB.  After everything we fans have been through since losing the last SB, for you to say that means something.  I couldn't imagine not knowing who I would root for if the Bengals were in the Super Bowl.  
Reply/Quote
Holy Carson Palmer butthurt thread.

I used to be butthurt over Palmer leaving. Then I experienced working at a horrible job that was going nowhere, and it made me feel his pain a bit. I definitely didn't stay at my job, so why should I hold him to a different standard?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 07:59 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Whatever you were doing back then, NOW you are not sure if you'd root for Palmer or the Bengals in the SB.  After everything we fans have been through since losing the last SB, for you to say that means something.  I couldn't imagine not knowing who I would root for if the Bengals were in the Super Bowl.  

That is your perception and opinion of the situation, and I respect that.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 07:10 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Your take on the Carson Palmer situation is from a cry baby's chair. Your personal feelings are hurt over what Carson Palmer told his bosses, but you should be thanking him.

Very intelligent post. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote