Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-25-2015, 11:21 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: We know you do though.  I hope he really performs well when he plays us.  Carson's a swell guy.  

I do, and I've made that known throughout the thread. I'm not the guy taking in circles, nor am I the guy that's claiming he doesn't care about someone that he can't shut up about. I've mentioned plenty of times that I always root for Carson when he isn't playing the Bengals. My posts reflect what I'm saying, I'm not hiding anything. You're the guy that's saying one thing while your posts are showing something entirely different.

26th post in the thread, still claims he "doesn't care". Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, sure thing. I'll keep posting to see how far you can go with this. This is like Coltsfan saying he doesn't care about Delhomme.

I like when you resort to your condescending bullshit because then I really know that I hit a nerve. Or I guess Carson Palmer did at least.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 10:24 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The "big deal" was the fact that HE QUIT.  Last I checked, J. Joe was a FA who had every right to sign wherever he wanted to.  Carson signed an extension with a guy he supposedly didn't like to play for a coach he apparently didn't like.  That's the difference between the two situations.  Oh, and the fact that he left after a 4-12 season.  Going got tough, and Carson got going.

And again, I have less a problem with Carson than Bengals fans who apologize for him.  I understand his logic, I'm baffled by yours.   

I think you have it wrong.  The Bengals quit on the fans and players.  When it comes to football I still think Mike Brown doesn't know crap.  I'm glad Carson left and actually respect him for doing so.  At that time I wanted everyone to walk off the field and give MB the middle finger.  Anything to stop that madman from ruining another season.  Carson "quiting" gave MB a reality check IMO and that is a good thing.  I'm also happy Palmer is doing good and I still root for him.

You need to point your finger at the real quitter.  Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 12:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I think you have it wrong.  The Bengals quit on the fans and players.  When it comes to football I still think Mike Brown doesn't know crap.  I'm glad Carson left and actually respect him for doing so.  At that time I wanted everyone to walk off the field and give MB the middle finger.  Anything to stop that madman from ruining another season.  Carson "quiting" gave MB a reality check IMO and that is a good thing.  I'm also happy Palmer is doing good and I still root for him.

You need to point your finger at the real quitter.  Mike Brown.

Good grief.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 11:49 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I do, and I've made that known throughout the thread. I'm not the guy taking in circles, nor am I the guy that's claiming he doesn't care about someone that he can't shut up about. I've mentioned plenty of times that I always root for Carson when he isn't playing the Bengals. My posts reflect what I'm saying, I'm not hiding anything. You're the guy that's saying one thing while your posts are showing something entirely different.

26th post in the thread, still claims he "doesn't care". Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, sure thing. I'll keep posting to see how far you can go with this. This is like Coltsfan saying he doesn't care about Delhomme.

I like when you resort to your condescending bullshit because then I really know that I hit a nerve. Or I guess Carson Palmer did at least.

Yawn
Reply/Quote
Carson had a job, didn't like the management & overall business he was affiliated with and stopped working at his own will. That's a quitter.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 12:20 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Good grief.  

You're right.  Before CP left the other 31 teams were frantically trying to copy the amazing dynasty that MB had built over the last 21 years.

Good grief is right!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 12:25 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You're right.  Before CP left the other 31 teams were frantically trying to copy the amazing dynasty that MB had built over the last 21 years.

Good grief is right!

I'm sure many would love to copy the success since the departure of CP.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 12:28 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I'm sure many would love to copy the success since the departure of CP.  

I completely agree with you, but we were talking about what was taking place up to the time he left.

I agree that the Bengals are running things well now and I am happy with the direction things are going.  I think that change has come because MB has finally let people who actually have a clue how to run a team do their job.  I believe this change has occured becuase of CP leaving.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 12:34 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I completely agree with you, but we were talking about what was taking place up to the time he left.

I agree that the Bengals are running things well now and I am happy with the direction things are going.  I think that change has come because MB has finally let people who actually have a clue how to run a team do their job.  I believe this change has occured becuase of CP leaving.

Yeah, Carson left and the old dog Mike Brown finally saw the error in his ways.

Thanks Carson! 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 12:40 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Yeah, Carson left and the old dog Mike Brown finally saw the error in his ways.

Thanks Carson! 

I think that was only part of the big picture.  You had Katie and Troy there and with the fan base being very disgruntled, negative press on somewhat of a regular basis and then CP saying he would rather retire then play for MB I think it kind of forced some internal change for the better.
And I do thank CP.  No sarcasm.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 08:25 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: You guys seem pretty "butthurt" about a franchise you claim to be fans of.  

Carson really showed us didn't he?

How am I butthurt?  I love the Bengals, but like a family member that has "issues" I realize they aren't perfect and that you can't treat everyone who avoids them like an insane villain IF you plan on retaining your sanity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 02:34 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I think that was only part of the big picture.  You had Katie and Troy there and with the fan base being very disgruntled, negative press on somewhat of a regular basis and then CP saying he would rather retire then play for MB I think it kind of forced some internal change for the better.
And I do thank CP.  No sarcasm.

If only a few more marquee players quit perhaps he'll see the light even more and build a practice bubble?

One can only hope right? AJ?  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 09:29 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I have long since gotten over Carson.  Wasn't so hard to do considering the 4 winning seasons since his departure.  Something that never occurred when he played here.  On the other hand, on these boards I have to deal with what appears to be some self-loathing fans who go out of their way to defend guys who quit on the team, while bashing those who stayed around and made things better.  

It comes as no surprise those who would come to his defense.  

The reason some people hate Carson and some people don't is because they have differing opinions on the reason he left and the conclusions we draw from it.  I get why Carson wanted out and you don't, therefore it's no surprise we draw different conclusions.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The reason some people hate Carson and some people don't is because they have differing opinions on the reason he left and the conclusions we draw from it.  I get why Carson wanted out and you don't, therefore it's no surprise we draw different conclusions.

The owner sucks and we lost a lot of games.  I get it.  It had nothing to do with Carson at all.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 02:45 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If only a few more marquee players quit perhaps he'll see the light even more and build a practice bubble?

No, he won't.  Mike Brown will never see the light and that is why some people would rather play elsewhere than here.  Why is that so hard to believe?  If Carson wanted a HC he liked, a practice facility, an OC that wasn't outdated, and a GM he figured it was easier to go be the QB of a team that had those things rather than convince Mike Brown to reverse 20 years of the same business model.

Carson gets all that crap he wanted, and Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis get to keep doing things their own way.  And hey, playoffs 4 years in a row, so I guess Mike Brown was right all along!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 02:49 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The owner sucks and we lost a lot of games.  I get it.  It had nothing to do with Carson at all.  

Meh, I wouldn't say Carson is a great QB but I would say Marvin Lewis not winning a playoff game with the luxury of 2 good starting QBs who missed a relatively small amount of games for his entire HC tenure shows who is dropping the ball in Cincy.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 12:25 PM)type_stripe Wrote: Carson had a job, didn't like the management & overall business he was affiliated with and stopped working at his own will. That's a quitter.

People do this every day. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 02:45 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If only a few more marquee players quit perhaps he'll see the light even more and build a practice bubble?

Why would I want that?  Things are going well since CP left.

CP left after a 4-12 season with the owner making no real changes.  I'm guessing you have never left a job to make more money and/or have a better workplace artmosphere that you believe in.

Now if you had said "If only a few more marquee players would have left with CP he'll see the light even more and build a practice bubble" I would agree.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 03:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People do this every day. 

Yes. They quit. They are quitters. Same applies to Palmer's final actions in Cincy. Regardless of management or coaching. He could've and should've finished the season. Someone should hAve given him a straw...
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 03:26 PM)type_stripe Wrote: Yes. They quit. They are quitters. Same applies to Palmer's final actions in Cincy. Regardless of management or coaching. He could've and should've finished the season. Someone should hAve given him a straw...

What season should he have finished?  The 2011 one?  Wasn't he under contract until the end of 2011 or was it 2012?  I just feel like if Carson had played 2 more seasons here and then gone to another team and it leaked that he lost faith in the franchise after 2010 people would be complaining that he should have left instead of showing up and collecting a paycheck when the Bengals could have gotten a QB who wanted to be here.

And to get back to the original notion, there are also people who hate their jobs and bosses and organizations and clock in to work every day, as well. Some people quit, some lazily soldier on, and some just turn off their brains and give 100% to an organization that treats them like crap. So it goes.
Reply/Quote