Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not having Reiff at RT isn't being talked about enough
my take? Maxx is great when you put him one on one but his moves are limited, turning him inside is one way of eliminating his rush. He also overpursues so that can be used against him. Double team is another way and a RB/FB against Maxx with a OL could do the trick.

That being said, I like this matchup a lot from our side. Your OC will have to scheme very well to eliminate his rush. And his motor never stops, and I mean never. The guy is a PFF All Pro as a 4th rounder, and while he did not get the sacks, his disruption of the pass game cannot be understated.

The bullseye on Burrows's chest is all Maxx sees.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Isiah Prince vs. Maxx Crosby is going to be the absolute biggest matchup in our playoff game against the Raiders. It can literally become a game wrecker if Prince doesn't play well or we can't contain Crosby.

Not having Reiff for this game is huge, not just because he's a better overall player than Prince...but because he's seen Crosby and blocked against him earlier this season. He knows his repertoire of moves and has game reps against him.

I for one am worried about this matchup. Crosby did a lot of damage against us the first time we played the Raiders.

Below is a great review of Maxx Crosby and what the Bengals can do to game plan around him:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breakdown-how-bengals-can-slow-down-maxx-crosby?utm_source=reddit.com

Crosby is giving me anxiety this week.

I feel like missing Reiff has been talked about a good amount though, but inside other threads.
I really hope they put Fred Johnson or even Carman at RT over Prince.
Prince is best used in the jumbo package as an extra blocker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:45 PM)attyla Wrote: my take?  Maxx is great when you put him one on one but his moves are limited, turning him inside is one way of eliminating his rush.  He also overpursues so that can be used against him.  Double team is another way and a RB/FB against Maxx with a OL could do the trick.

That being said, I like this matchup a lot from our side.  Your OC will have to scheme very well to eliminate his rush.  And his motor never stops, and I mean never.  The guy is a PFF All Pro as a 4th rounder, and while he did not get the sacks, his disruption of the pass game cannot be understated.

Bro you aint allowed in here - I'm tellin... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bro you aint allowed in here - I'm tellin... 

yea, I was not sure how much you guys tolerate the enemy
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:58 PM)attyla Wrote: yea, I was not sure how much you guys tolerate the enemy

Pitchforks would have already been raised if you were a Browns, Steelers, or Ravens fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only good thing is Reiff was pretty bad in that game and we still won.

Crosby had 3 sacks, 5 QB hits, and tipped a pass against Denver on 10-17.

Against the Bengals and Cowboys COMBINED he had 1 sack, 2 QB hits, and zero tipped passes.
Reply/Quote
I think it's only fair that we get a free 12th man on the field every play to make up for how bad our RT is.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 03:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it's only fair that we get a free 12th man on the field every play to make up for how bad our RT is.

Thoughts?

2 words: FRED JOHNSON
we stick with Prince we will  not "be partying like its 1999" 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:58 PM)attyla Wrote: yea, I was not sure how much you guys tolerate the enemy

The game you're discussing is Bengal related and you're being very civil. It's nice to have you visit.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 03:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: 2 words: FRED JOHNSON
we stick with Prince we will  not "be partying like its 1999" 

The Bengals were 4-12 in 1999, so I take this as good news? 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Crosby had 3 sacks, 5 QB hits, and tipped a pass against Denver on 10-17.

Against the Bengals and Cowboys COMBINED he had 1 sack, 2 QB hits, and zero tipped passes.

He should have been credited to a sack that led to Burrow's fumble on the 20 yard line. Another reason why "sacks" can be deceiving. He was 100% responsible for that play happening. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:07 PM)Mer Wrote: The game you're discussing is Bengal related and you're being very civil. It's nice to have you visit.

thanks, I hate waiting.  Been a long time for me since my team was in the playoffs with a shot.  Connor Cook was never going to beat Houston so that to me does not count.  

For what it worth, if I had been the GM I would have pulled a Ditka and trade my entire draft to get Burrows.  You guys got the real dealt there.
Reply/Quote
I hope somebody has informed the Bengals coaching staff that the Raiders have a favorable matchup against our RT.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He should have been credited to a sack that led to Burrow's fumble on the 20 yard line. Another reason why "sacks" can be deceiving. He was 100% responsible for that play happening. 

which is why pff has him graded higher than Watt
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: which is why pff has him graded higher than Watt

And another reason why PFF has value. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:45 PM)attyla Wrote: my take?  Maxx is great when you put him one on one but his moves are limited, turning him inside is one way of eliminating his rush.  He also overpursues so that can be used against him.  Double team is another way and a RB/FB against Maxx with a OL could do the trick.

That being said, I like this matchup a lot from our side.  Your OC will have to scheme very well to eliminate his rush.  And his motor never stops, and I mean never.  The guy is a PFF All Pro as a 4th rounder, and while he did not get the sacks, his disruption of the pass game cannot be understated.

That's alright, after the Chargers game me and some buddies sent him a $1000.00 a night Las Vegas hooker. Of course, she was laced with Omicron covid. He ought to be getting the sniffles any time..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And another reason why PFF has value. 

it has some value. It can work with certain positions. Other positions, not so much
Reply/Quote

In Jungle Noise it's supposed to be Bengals fans only, but we tolerate other fans during the game week as long as they stay civil. And there's a derelict Packers fan here who showed up one day and we fed, and now we're stuck with him. Wink

Of course, anyone is welcome and talk shit about their team and our team, it just has to be done in Smack Talk. You might want to get shots first though, there are Stealers and Ratbirds fans in there. You might catch something. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
We need to send a complimentary bottle of Makers Mark up to Crosby's hotel room upon his arrival
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's alright, after the Chargers game me and some buddies sent him a $1000.00 a night Las Vegas hooker. Of course, she was laced with Omicron covid. He ought to be getting the sniffles any time..... Ninja

whatever you have to do, emirite?

Lol
Reply/Quote