Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not having Reiff at RT isn't being talked about enough
(01-12-2022, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We need to send a complimentary bottle of Makers Mark up to Crosby's hotel room upon his arrival

Maxx went sober 2 years ago.  His game went through the roof once he ditched the bottle.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: In Jungle Noise it's supposed to be Bengals fans only, but we tolerate other fans during the game week as long as they stay civil. And there's a derelict Packers fan here who showed up one day and we fed, and now we're stuck with him. Wink

Of course, anyone is welcome and talk shit about their team and our team, it just has to be done in Smack Talk. You might want to get shots first though, there are Stealers and Ratbirds fans in there. You might catch something. Hilarious

I'm here to talk football, not smack talk, a dig or two but mainly just football.  

But here in Nashville, we got a lot of Steelers fans for some reason and I can get where you are coming from.  If a Steelers fan gets a divorce, usually they are still legally brother and sister.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:44 PM)attyla Wrote: But here in Nashville, we got a lot of Steelers fans for some reason 

band wagoners
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:42 PM)attyla Wrote: Maxx went sober 2 years ago.  His game went through the roof once he ditched the bottle.

Exactly. 

Raiders need their own Stanley Wilson 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Maxx has a good game, we may see Brandon, which is a VERY bad thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only good thing is Reiff was pretty bad in that game and we still won.

So what exactly are we worried about?  The guy who got destroyed not playing?  How much worse could Prince do?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 05:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So what exactly are we worried about?  The guy who got destroyed not playing?  How much worse could Prince do?

well he's the back up so..
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 04:44 PM)attyla Wrote: I'm here to talk football, not smack talk, a dig or two but mainly just football.  

But here in Nashville, we got a lot of Steelers fans for some reason and I can get where you are coming from.  If a Steelers fan gets a divorce, usually they are still legally brother and sister.

We also recently discovered that a certain segment of KC fans are horribly obnoxious.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 05:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well he's the back up so..

Yeah but 61% loss rate?  It would take a serious effort to do worse.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah but 61% loss rate?  It would take a serious effort to do worse.

well then you think they wouldve benched Reiff for that game, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 05:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well then you think they wouldve benched Reiff for that game, right?

I'd like to see first half vs second half win rate. It looked like the Bengals adjusted a bit in the second half and began chipping and doubling Crosby a lot more. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 05:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We also recently discovered that a certain segment of KC fans are horribly obnoxious.  

no, all of them are.  I went to school in Kansas, that is one bunch of whackadoodles right there and now that they have Mahomes they have been emoboldened.  Bunch inbred losers
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:39 PM)Synric Wrote: How about a new wrinkle... Hakeem Adeniji was terrible at picking up twists by Clowney in week 18.

Raiders moved Crosby inside later in the Chargers game because they kept chipping so they started running a T-E stunt so he could still work the edge after the TE released. It was a smart move and something to watch when he goes is side.

The key here is going to be to do what we have been doing with Chase the last couple weeks and that is work him underneath more. I’d also use motion receivers (Higgins specifically) to motion chip on the snap because that chip comes from outside their field of vision and tends to slow rushers down so they don’t get blindsided.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:45 PM)attyla Wrote: my take?  Maxx is great when you put him one on one but his moves are limited, turning him inside is one way of eliminating his rush.  He also overpursues so that can be used against him.  Double team is another way and a RB/FB against Maxx with a OL could do the trick.

That being said, I like this matchup a lot from our side.  Your OC will have to scheme very well to eliminate his rush.  And his motor never stops, and I mean never.  The guy is a PFF All Pro as a 4th rounder, and while he did not get the sacks, his disruption of the pass game cannot be understated.

The bullseye on Burrows's chest is all Maxx sees.

Great scouting report!  Thank you!

Frank P.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:45 PM)attyla Wrote: The bullseye on Burrows's chest is all Maxx sees.

If he stays focused on Burrow as Joe Mixon runs by him we'll be ok.  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:45 PM)attyla Wrote: my take?  Maxx is great when you put him one on one but his moves are limited, turning him inside is one way of eliminating his rush.  He also overpursues so that can be used against him.  Double team is another way and a RB/FB against Maxx with a OL could do the trick.

That being said, I like this matchup a lot from our side.  Your OC will have to scheme very well to eliminate his rush.  And his motor never stops, and I mean never.  The guy is a PFF All Pro as a 4th rounder, and while he did not get the sacks, his disruption of the pass game cannot be understated.

The bullseye on Burrows's chest is all Maxx sees.

(01-12-2022, 04:18 PM)attyla Wrote: thanks, I hate waiting.  Been a long time for me since my team was in the playoffs with a shot.  Connor Cook was never going to beat Houston so that to me does not count.  

For what it worth, if I had been the GM I would have pulled a Ditka and trade my entire draft to get Burrows.  You guys got the real dealt there.

Burrows? Whose digging...

Honestly, 1) Raiders blitz 11% of the time. So they will only be rushing 4. Thus there will be help along the line from the start. 2) OL issues are not new to this team as they have been an issue last year and continued... 3) This is the biggest issue in the game. So it is not going to be overlooked.

Coaches gotta coach and players gotta execute. Fans have to believe
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:56 PM)Takedown Wrote: We'll be giving Prince help. Promise that.

(01-12-2022, 01:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe Johnson is a better option?

My guess is the Bengals will go with one less receiver and either (1) line up Isaiah Prince AND Fred Johnson against Maxx Crosby or (2) put a blocking tight end outside Isaiah Prince at all times. Not only does Joe Burrow need sufficient time to throw but Joe Mixon needs big creases to run through.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not on twitter, I don't see any of that stuff. 

Peep who made the last tweet Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Crosby had 3 sacks, 5 QB hits, and tipped a pass against Denver on 10-17.

Against the Bengals and Cowboys COMBINED he had 1 sack, 2 QB hits, and zero tipped passes.

Yes, in a game where Teddy threw 49 times. That tweet was about pass rush win rate. So he obviously won a higher percentage of his snaps against us when Burrow only had 29 attempts.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah but 61% loss rate?  It would take a serious effort to do worse.

Crosby had zero sacks, zero hurries, zero tipped passes, and 1 QB hit.

If you are familiar with win rate you will know that 61% is insanely high.  It is based on GPS trackers on the players.  If a rusher gets closer to the QB than the blocker within 2.5 seconds then he "wins".   I kind of like the stat because it seems to be based on clear objective data.  But like every other stat I am sure it is not 100% accurate in measuring exactly what it is supposed to measure.  And something caused it to not work properly that day.  Because it just does not seem possible that he was completely dominating Reiff and still had almost zero production.  Maybe it was some weird scheme where Reiff would intentionally slide off Crosby and pass him off to another blocker.

But Burrow did see a lot of pressure that day and had one of his worst games this year (149 yds on 29 attempts with 3 sacks for minus 19 yards).  130 yards on 32 pass plays.  Plus he was sacked a 4th time, but it was wiped out by a defensive penalty.

In a way I am hesitant to even try and look back at that game 7 weeks ago.  This team looks a lot different from what it did just a few weeks ago.  And we have been so up-and-down it is not very accurate to just look at any one game.  The exact same defense could hold Derek Carr to 215 yds and 1 td and let Mike White go off for 405 yds and 3 td.

I think both Burrow and Carr are going to have bigger games than they did in the previous meeting.

But we should win this game and I think that we will.  We have the better team.
Reply/Quote