Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Not looking forward to the Saints game
(11-04-2018, 11:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: A loss to the NO should be expected. We just have to somehow beat the Browns twice, Oakland, Baltimore, and Denver (all winnable games with a suspect D and without Green) and the playoffs are likely if you take a look at the AFC.

Forget the Saints. The focus should be on Baltimore.

That's the roadmap. Not a given we win all 5 of those games...but they are all winnable and we should win.

IF we can win 10 games this year...it's a good achievement. Probably overachieving in some ways.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: A loss to the NO should be expected. We just have to somehow beat the Browns twice, Oakland, Baltimore, and Denver (all winnable games with a suspect D and without Green) and the playoffs are likely if you take a look at the AFC.

Baltimore, which is one of the oldest teams, looks like it is running out of gas quickly....
Reply/Quote
Brees vs this Defense....Yikes....Saints may put up 60
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To all the Wimpy so called fans on here and your wimpy posts about how Bengals don't have a chance Sunday in The Jungle. You all need a good douche to go with your wimpy posts. What a bunch of sissy girls. I can't even call you football fans.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:30 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Brees vs this Defense....Yikes....Saints may put up 60

Nah they'll stick with 44-47  point but because Payton has such "great respect for Marvin" he'll take it easy the 4th quarter..
Reply/Quote

Agreed. I hate Pittsburgh but the only good thing about them winning is that Baltimore lost. If you look at that 6th playoff spot two teams that are in the mix are Baltimore and Miami who we both beat.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 10:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I said 7-9 before the preseason games.  With key injuries and the Bengals defense at 32 for yards and 29 for points, 7-9 looking like it might happen after all.

Just got to keep praying for those losses, right?
Reply/Quote
Yeah no way we finish the last 8, 2-6. The team is starting to get some of the injured players back.

I think we finish 4-4 to go 9-7. I could see us finishing 5-3 though too.
Reply/Quote
one thing I noticed in the NFL. when a top tier team plays another top.tier team it takes alot
out of that team.
often the next week they play down to their opponent and the game is evenly matched.
the Browns hung with Saints so I have hope
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:08 AM)kevin Wrote: To all the Wimpy so called fans on here and your wimpy posts about how Bengals don't have a chance Sunday in The Jungle.  You all need a good douche to go with your wimpy posts.  What a bunch of sissy girls.  I can't even call you football fans.

So how much did you bet on the Bengals to win straight-up?
Reply/Quote
I wonder if they are giving Driskel some snaps just in case he has to come in again like in the KC game.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 03:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I wonder if they are giving Driskel some snaps just in case he has to come in again like in the KC game.

No matter what the score is they may as well keep Dalton in so he can throw the ball to Ross and our WR bench.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 06:53 PM)Trademark Wrote: The Bengals are coming off a bye, AJ Green’s status is unclear, the Bengals defense is atrocious and Brees is a beast and the Saints offense is high powered. Really not looking forward to Sunday

On the bright side the Saints are coming off a huge win against the best team in the league, could be a let down
game yah never know. Plus the entire Saints Offensive Line is banged up. Our D-Line could T it up on Brees, the
key will be can our Backers and Secondary tackle the RB's and TE's on quick screens.

This is my biggest concern about this game. The only QB that gets the ball out quicker than Dalton i am pretty sure
is Brees.

We can score on these guys especially if we use Mixon and Gio in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 10:51 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: There is a formula to win this game. The Bengals have to take advantage of getting the Center and RB back, they have to run the ball more and eat clock time. They should aggressively play the pass on D and hope that it forces them to run more. The Bengals should blitz like crazy on obvious pass plays and pray for turnovers. This will probably be a loss but a few blunders could keep this a close game. I’m normally pessimistic in games like this but I have an odd feeling that turnovers will keep us close.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.  I was thinking the same thing yesterday about ball/clock control.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:30 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Brees vs this Defense....Yikes....Saints may put up 60

While I share your trepidation concerning the defense, I feel it's a great exaggeration to envision 60 points by the Cajun squad.

I imagine it more likely that the Bengals put forth a more competitive effort than some seem to think possible.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: On the bright side the Saints are coming off a huge win against the best team in the league, could be a let down
game yah never know.

By that logic, if we beat the Saints then we put ourselves at risk for losing to Baltimore next week because we will be due for a letdown after beating what is currently one of the best teams in the NFL.  Maybe it's best we just lose to the Saints since they are in the NFC.  I'd hate to beat a Super Bowl-caliber team and then lose to the crappy old Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: By that logic, if we beat the Saints then we put ourselves at risk for losing to Baltimore next week because we will be due for a letdown after beating what is currently one of the best teams in the NFL.  Maybe it's best we just lose to the Saints since they are in the NFC.  I'd hate to beat a Super Bowl-caliber team and then lose to the crappy old Ravens.

True, just saying it does happen.

The Saints O-line being all banged up is what gives me the most hope, plus we are at home with 2 good pass catching
RB's who could go off in this one. Have not been impressed with the Saints pass Defense and Dalton is playing the best
of his career right now.

Man, just wish Ross would finally show up and show why people thought he was a top ten pick.

If Ross finally shows up i could see us winning. I am sure they will be putting Lattimore on Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, just saying it does happen.

The Saints O-line being all banged up is what gives me the most hope, plus we are at home with 2 good pass catching
RB's who could go off in this one. Have not been impressed with the Saints pass Defense and Dalton is playing the best
of his career right now.

Man, just wish Ross would finally show up and show why people thought he was a top ten pick.

If Ross finally shows up i could see us winning. I am sure they will be putting Lattimore on Boyd.

I hear ya, and I realize NFL teams are comprised of human beings and psychology and fatigue play a role.  With that being said, I never found "Oh, they just beat the best team in the NFL" as a means to downgrade a team going into a game, that's all.  If we beat the Saints we will have beaten one of the best NFL teams, too...I'd get confident that we'd steamroll the Ravens after that, not lose to them.  Momentum, and all that.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, just saying it does happen.

of his career right now.

lol, Ross show up.. that will take a testicular fortitude by him. He hasn't shown anything yet other than he caught a short TD once. i keep waiting for this blazing speed to open up the offence but have yet to see anything from him. I guess we will find out this weekend. hoping for the best. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 04:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, and I realize NFL teams are comprised of human beings and psychology and fatigue play a role.  With that being said, I never found "Oh, they just beat the best team in the NFL" as a means to downgrade a team going into a game, that's all.  If we beat the Saints we will have beaten one of the best NFL teams, too...I'd get confident that we'd steamroll the Ravens after that, not lose to them.  Momentum, and all that.

Also all true, it goes both ways. We are a good Offensive team if we block well even without AJ.

Our D-line is very good at pressuring the passer which could match up well against the banged up Saints O-line.

I think we beat the Ravens next game regardless.

(11-08-2018, 04:13 PM)peatmonster Wrote: lol, Ross show up.. that will take a testicular fortitude by him. He hasn't shown anything yet other than he caught a short TD once. i keep waiting for this blazing speed to open up the offence but have yet to see anything from him. I guess we will find out this weekend. hoping for the best. 

Cannot argue, been defending Ross since he got here but cannot anymore. He needs to help me out lol
Reply/Quote