Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure I want to make the playoffs
Look, I'm a die hard fan and I have ALWAYS hated people who even HINTED that they wanted the team to lose. With that said, I'm fed up with Marvin Lewis as head coach. I love what he's done for the Bengals and I think he's a tremendous judge of talent , but I'm done. I'm tired of his coaching not to lose mentality. I'm tired of his conservative approach and his insistence on doing things the way everyone else supposedly does. I'm tired of his stubborness and constant refusal to make changes until past the time they were necessary.

Admittedly, I wanted him gone after 2010 as well and I admit that I was glad he stayed on for the next 5 seasons. But, I'm done. I want a new head coach. I want a no nonsense, in your face kind of coach. I want someone who will either get a guy like Burfict under control or send him packing. I want a guy who will pull out ALL the stops when down by 3 TDs or more. I want someone who'll get in the refs face when they make a bad call.

I am fully aware that this rainbow unicorn of a coach may not exist and even if he did, there's no certainty we'd be the team that gets him, but I'm tired of this team making the same mistakes week after week. I'm tired of doubting if we'll even beat a team like the Browns.

Maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic, but I can't help but wonder, if the best thing for the future of this team is to have a losing season and hoping that Brown or Katie either fires Lewis or Lewis decides to retire.

I'm not there, yet. I still hold out hope that we'll turn things around and go on a run and sneak into the playoffs, but there's a growing part of me that thinks otherwise.

Make no mistake, fred, I'm not saying Lewis is a bad coach. But, I do believe he's done all he can with this team and it's time for him to move on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
NFL has such an image to protect. I wish they allowed fan questions in press conferences.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'll lose hope if/when the Bengals hit 7 losses.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly feel the same way. Marvin has had his chance. Im over him and ready to move on. Hes stale.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
So you dont want a guy that punts down 11 points with 3 minutes left in the game?
Reply/Quote
The problem is, will it matter?

If we don't make the playoffs, there's a segment of the fans that say that's enough to warrant cutting ties. Some (and I fall in this group) want him gone regardless of making the playoffs (although I'd shut up if he got us as close as the AFC championship game). And some want him gone regardless of how much more he wins. But there are also those who don't mind the coach for life approach.

Mike Brown is likely among that last group as year after year he's waved at talented guys leaving his team — a team each helped make successful — to go be head coaches elsewhere. If he's not willing to move on from Lewis for a Zimmer or a Hue, I don't see what a playoff loss is going to matter, unless that was part of some deal with Marvin (and I don't think it was).
Reply/Quote
How many years have been make or break years for Marvin in the eyes of the fans? You can chalk some up to bad luck, but the amount of failure is pretty damning.
Reply/Quote
The proof is in the pudding and we know what ingredient that has never changed.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 01:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The proof is in the pudding and we know what ingredient that has never changed.

ARE YOU SAYING YOU DO NOT LIKE CHOCO PUDDING
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 02:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: ARE YOU SAYING YOU DO NOT LIKE CHOCO PUDDING

I do not like giggley  pudding with s*** sprinkles(Paul Alexander).
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd rather win it all, send Marvin off in style, and thank him for getting this team out of the abyss we once were in.

I know. I know. Who on here wouldn't love to win it all?
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 01:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The proof is in the pudding and we know what ingredient that has never changed.

Racist.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Be careful what you ask for. They'll likely hire from within, so Paul Alexander will probably be your next head coach! Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I gave Marvin passes the last 2 seasons, but not this year.

2015 - Injuries
2016- Dalton out and terrible officiating
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Look, I'm a die hard fan and I have ALWAYS hated people who even HINTED that they wanted the team to lose. With that said, I'm fed up with Marvin Lewis as head coach. I love what he's done for the Bengals and I think he's a tremendous judge of talent  , but I'm done. I'm tired of his coaching not to lose mentality. I'm tired of his conservative approach and his insistence on doing things the way everyone else supposedly does. I'm tired of his stubborness and constant refusal to make changes until past the time they were necessary.

Admittedly, I wanted him gone after 2010 as well and I admit that I was glad he stayed on for the next 5 seasons. But, I'm done. I want a new head coach. I want a no nonsense, in your face kind of coach. I want someone who will either get a guy like Burfict under control or send him packing. I want a guy who will pull out ALL the stops when down by 3 TDs or more. I want someone who'll get in the refs face when they make a bad call.  

I am fully aware that this rainbow unicorn of a coach may not exist and even if he did, there's no certainty we'd be the team that gets him, but I'm tired of this team making the same mistakes week after week. I'm tired of doubting if we'll even beat a team like the Browns.

Maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic, but I can't help but wonder, if the best thing for the future of this team is to have a losing season and hoping that Brown or Katie either fires Lewis or Lewis decides to retire.

I'm not there, yet. I still hold out hope that we'll turn things around and go on a run and sneak into the playoffs, but there's a growing part of me that thinks otherwise.

Make no mistake, fred, I'm not saying Lewis is a bad coach. But, I do believe he's done all he can with this team and it's time for him to move on.

It happens about once every three years or 36,000 miles. I agree with PhilHos. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Look, I'm a die hard fan and I have ALWAYS hated people who even HINTED that they wanted the team to lose. With that said, I'm fed up with Marvin Lewis as head coach. I love what he's done for the Bengals and I think he's a tremendous judge of talent  , but I'm done. I'm tired of his coaching not to lose mentality. I'm tired of his conservative approach and his insistence on doing things the way everyone else supposedly does. I'm tired of his stubborness and constant refusal to make changes until past the time they were necessary.

I have wondered this for quite some time.  I'm counting on Fred to jump up and down telling me that neither Sapp nor Brooks, both HOF players, know what they are talking about, but I kind of equate it to Tampa Bay.  In "A Football Life: Warren Sapp", both guys say that they believe Tony Dungy had taken that team as far as he could.  That he brought the franchise to relevance, they were no longer a laughing stock, but that they would not have won a Super Bowl with him.

I would say the same thing about Marvin.  He took over a complete laughing stock of a franchise, and has had a great deal of success, but I firmly believe he has done all he can.  I think it is beyond time to thank him for his service and send him to live out his days on a beach somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 03:46 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have wondered this for quite some time.  I'm counting on Fred to jump up and down telling me that neither Sapp nor Brooks, both HOF players, know what they are talking about, but I kind of equate it to Tampa Bay.  In "A Football Life: Warren Sapp", both guys say that they believe Tony Dungy had taken that team as far as he could.  That he brought the franchise to relevance, they were no longer a laughing stock, but that they would not have won a Super Bowl with him.

I would say the same thing about Marvin.  He took over a complete laughing stock of a franchise, and has had a great deal of success, but I firmly believe he has done all he can.  I think it is beyond time to thank him for his service and send him to live out his days on a beach somewhere.

Lol Fred will be here soon, defending marvin.I think he's marvins attorney. 
Reply/Quote
Why idk I hold out hope marvin gets some brains and plays the right guys that's my biggest gripe with marvin. Maybe injuries and luck will play in our favor? I just don't have it in me to want a horrible season. And if we did, I don't think it would even matter, marvin would probably be determined to come back and fix it lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 04:39 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Why idk I hold out hope marvin gets some brains and plays the right guys that's my biggest gripe with marvin.

Who should be playing that isn't?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 04:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who should be playing that isn't?

Interesting you should say this, because I've heard the axiom that you fire the HC when you really want to fire the whole team.
Reply/Quote