Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notorious Fumbles in NFL history
(07-04-2017, 08:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure I agree with having Collinsworth fumble on a top 10.. way too early in the game to really be in the top ten of most important fumbles.. but they at least got number #1 correct.. love that one

Bad part of that fumble is I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be considered a completed pass in today's league. Sad
Reply/Quote
If it makes you feel better you guys returned a fumble to beat us in 2013. Jonathan Franklin fumbled and Newman returned it for the game winning touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It will happen, but I really believe it will happen this year.  My father is 84 and goes to every home game with me.  He's in excellent health, but you never know when a serious malignancy or something could crop up.  I really just want to experience it once while he is here with me.

I honestly believe this is the year.

Sure hope your father gets to see it. Attended games for a quarter of a century with my dad but he did not make it long enough to see it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2017, 04:41 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Bad part of that fumble is I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be considered a completed pass in today's league. Sad

Was thinking the same thing. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 01:18 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Sure hope your father gets to see it. Attended games for a quarter of a century with my dad but he did not make it long enough to see it. 

I hate when I hear stories like that, but then I read about guys listening to game 7 of the World Series at their father's grave site and pouring a shot of some celebratory bourbon on the ground after the win.  I would like to think my dad would still appreciate that I was thinking of all the times we had watching games and just being together before I lost him.  
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 01:04 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Dear God, who is the annoying youtube want to be star who hosted the video?? I didn't make it to the first fumble due to his voice and actions. Is like listening to cats have sex in a back alley.

You really gave cats sex lives a bad rap here. Youtubers are one of the few groups who get to play being the 'experts' merely for making a video no matter how crappy the video is or isn't. You don't even have to be right most of the time, just annoying. 
I used to follow a lot of woodworking videos and then one day realized every youtuber and their uncles who make videos cover the same material over and over and over and over till there's 4,984,528,753.99 videos about the exact same subject matter. 
I should make videos on how to make annoying videos that just piss off 50% of everyone who watches and makes the other 50% think I'm THE expert on how to piss off the other 50%.. lol 
I think the ONLY thing he failed to do wrong was the ever annoying rap music sound track was missing..then again I didn't watch more than that first fumble. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hate when I hear stories like that, but then I read about guys listening to game 7 of the World Series at their father's grave site and pouring a shot of some celebratory bourbon on the ground after the win.  I would like to think my dad would still appreciate that I was thinking of all the times we had watching games and just being together before I lost him.  

The weird thing about him passing is that the very next year we bought Chad Johnson a hot dog for a preseason sideline stunt at his request.  He then gave us his cleats, gloves, and several TD balls that season plus came over and shook hands before every game as well. 

He had no idea my father passed or who we were other than fans. Also Maualuga tossed us a game ball after the Bengals beat the steelers the very same season. Which never happens to men, and almost 100% of the time happens to kids as it should. 

Have to think my father had something to do with this since it started the first game after his passing and lasted throughout the entire season. 

Sit in front row behind Bengals defense and nothing like this ever happened before or since that year. And of course I now sit in dad's seat in lieu of my own. 

Will take your suggestion and have a drink with dad if Bengals ever break this curse. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 11:37 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The weird thing about him passing is that the very next year we bought Chad Johnson a hot dog for a preseason sideline stunt at his request.  He then gave us his cleats, gloves, and several TD balls that season plus came over and shook hands before every game as well. 

He had no idea my father passed or who we were other than fans. Also Maualuga tossed us a game ball after the Bengals beat the steelers the very same season. Which never happens to men, and almost 100% of the time happens to kids as it should. 

Have to think my father had something to do with this since it started the first game after his passing and lasted throughout the entire season. 

Sit in front row behind Bengals defense and nothing like this ever happened before or since that year. And of course I now sit in dad's seat in lieu of my own. 

Will take your suggestion and have a drink with dad if Bengals ever break this curse. 

Damn.  My eyes welled up and I got a chill when I read this.  What an awesome story.  

My dad is an amazing man.  Sacrifice could be his middle name.  Everything he does, he has done for his family.  I try to thank my dad in so many ways and he just reminds me to pay it forward with my family.  I try to live up to his standard.  
I have had countless friends lose their parents at a younger age and I feel blessed that he has been around so long and has stayed in such good health.  I lean on his to this day for advice.  I will raise a glass to all on this board after the Bengals win the Super Bowl this year, and for your father. 
Reply/Quote