Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notorious Fumbles in NFL history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufoLSgRQXk

Painful...
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Very

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals with two on the list. Suxx.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not sure I agree with having Collinsworth fumble on a top 10.. way too early in the game to really be in the top ten of most important fumbles.. but they at least got number #1 correct.. love that one
Reply/Quote
#10 breaks my heart, I can't watch it again
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 10:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: #10 breaks my heart, I can't watch it again

Made my nuts hurt

Reply/Quote
Dear God, who is the annoying youtube want to be star who hosted the video?? I didn't make it to the first fumble due to his voice and actions. Is like listening to cats have sex in a back alley.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Gio's fumble against the Chargers should be on the list...He was inside the 10 and I believe it would have been first and goal. I couldn't watch the video, but I think Gio's and Hill's are clearly two of the worst in our recent history. You could include Andy's face-first dive that resulted in a fumble also against SD.

Groan.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Gio's fumble against the Chargers should be on the list...He was inside the 10 and I believe it would have been first and goal.  I couldn't watch the video, but I think Gio's and Hill's are clearly two of the worst in our recent history.  You could include Andy's face-first dive that resulted in a fumble also against SD.

Groan.

My thoughts exactly....we could easily have four on this list. Twitch

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 08:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: My thoughts exactly....we could easily have four on this list. Twitch

Flipping the script on this...wouldn't it be nice if the steelers had four huge ones over the next six years and the Bengals are the beneficiary?  

Let me see...

Piggy sacked by Burfict, poops pants on National TV and fumbles....

Antonio Brown catches a deep pass and while taunting the DB he just burnt gets destroyed by Iloka, whom he doesn't even see coming, fumbles...

Trying to close out a win, Bell fumbles wasting his efforts to get extra yards and is stripped...Dalton leads last second win to knock them out of the playoffs (sound familiar?)

Marvin Lewis acts like he is going to step on the field of play during a KO return that looks like it is going to go the distance, the KR sees him, switches hands on the ball, and fumbles.  Marvin is fined $15,000 from the league, but giggles about it, and the Bengals end up winning the game.

Yeah, that seems about even at that point.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Gio's fumble against the Chargers should be on the list...He was inside the 10 and I believe it would have been first and goal.  I couldn't watch the video, but I think Gio's and Hill's are clearly two of the worst in our recent history.  You could include Andy's face-first dive that resulted in a fumble also against SD.

Groan.

The Bengals have had quite a few groan inducing fumbles over the years...
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Flipping the script on this...wouldn't it be nice if the steelers had four huge ones over the next six years and the Bengals are the beneficiary?  

Let me see...

Piggy sacked by Burfict, poops pants on National TV and fumbles....

Antonio Brown catches a deep pass and while taunting the DB he just burnt gets destroyed by Iloka, whom he doesn't even see coming, fumbles...

Trying to close out a win, Bell fumbles wasting his efforts to get extra yards and is stripped...Dalton leads last second win to knock them out of the playoffs (sound familiar?)

Marvin Lewis acts like he is going to step on the field of play during a KO return that looks like it is going to go the distance, the KR sees him, switches hands on the ball, and fumbles.  Marvin is fined $15,000 from the league, but giggles about it, and the Bengals end up winning the game.

Yeah, that seems about even at that point.

What was that line the Beach Boys sang? Hmm 

Wouldn't it be nice......

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 08:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: What was that line the Beach Boys sang? Hmm 

Wouldn't it be nice......

Yea, and the Beatles (or was it just John Lennon) sang:  "Instant Karma"..."Gonna hit you right in the face!".  Man, I hope I am alive to see the tide turn.  
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yea, and the Beatles (or was it just John Lennon) sang:  "Instant Karma"..."Gonna hit you right in the face!".  Man, I hope I am alive to see the tide turn.  

Indeed.....but that last line is all telling for us Bengals fans.  We hope we're still alive..... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 09:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: Indeed.....but that last line is all telling for us Bengals fans.  We hope we're still alive..... LMAO

It will happen, but I really believe it will happen this year.  My father is 84 and goes to every home game with me.  He's in excellent health, but you never know when a serious malignancy or something could crop up.  I really just want to experience it once while he is here with me.

I honestly believe this is the year.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It will happen, but I really believe it will happen this year.  My father is 84 and goes to every home game with me.  He's in excellent health, but you never know when a serious malignancy or something could crop up.  I really just want to experience it once while he is here with me.

I honestly believe this is the year.

Man......I hope you're right.  Right when I start believing......they punch us all right in the nuts, and then I remember Cubs fans went over 100 years without a championship.... Nervous

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 09:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Man......I hope you're right.  Right when I start believing......they punch us all right in the nuts, and then I remember Cubs fans went over 100 years without a championship.... Nervous

Hey, I called John Ross, Jordan Willis, and Carl Lawson....I'm on a roll!!!  But you're right...we should have been born with steel nuts as often as we get punched there.  
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 08:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: My thoughts exactly....we could easily have four on this list. Twitch

Those are not even close if we are talking about top ten of all time in NFL... as I stated before I am not even sure I put Collingsworth on the top ten.. was so early in the Super Bowl game.. not sure if really made that much of a difference.. i believe we had 4 or 5 total turnovers in that game.  

As for the Bengals all time worst fumbles.. I am dating myself but here is one that i feel is maybe just behind Hill fumble... that is Boobie Clark fumble in a snow game in 1976 in 3rd quarter with the Bengals ( 9-2 leading division) against Steelers (7-4 at time) Bengals ahead 3-0 in the snow.. he fumbled on our 25 yard line.. Steelers go on and score a TD and win 7-3,  if we win that game we lock up the division instead the Steelers go on and win the division and we don;t make the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 09:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Man......I hope you're right.  Right when I start believing......they punch us all right in the nuts, and then I remember Cubs fans went over 100 years without a championship.... Nervous

The Cubs also went out and got the best GM in baseball as well as one of the top managers a few years before breaking that big ol' curse.  Wake me when we make those sorts of moves to break ours.

On topic though, I pointed out before that Jeremy Hill had the biggest drop in fan-love I've ever seen in these parts.

2015 off-season: We MUST give Hill the ball over and over again. No Gio, don't be cute Hue, less Dalton, less Green. HILL is the key to success. Hand it to Hill = WIN.
2015 end of season: We would have won if we did ANYTHING but hand it to Hill. Hand it to Hill = LOSS
Reply/Quote

Groan.

Yep. Gio literally fumbled at the goal line. That's a whole new ball game had the Bengals gotten 7 there. They were playing really well at the time after spotting the Chargers a TD. Of course, the Chargers made some nice adjustments at the half and totally curb-stomped the Bengals after that.
Reply/Quote