Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now 0-7 doesn’t seem so bad.
Could be worse like losing 6 consecutive playoff games at home.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You must have missed Marvin sneeking onto the Chiefs sideline at halftime and calling the plays.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:02 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: You must have missed Marvin sneeking onto the Chiefs sideline at halftime and calling the plays.

Seems like a Marvin coached game. Andy Reid totally was exposed without Kelce. Once Kelce was out Reid didn’t know how to make adjustments. So Marvinesque.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I love how we are compared to the losers all the time....telling don't you think?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 09:59 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Could be worse like losing 6 consecutive playoff games at home.

Yeah, sorry. 0-7 is still worse. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Seems like a Marvin coached game. Andy Reid totally was exposed without Kelce. Once Kelce was out Reid didn’t know how to make adjustments. So Marvinesque.

Well, to be fair, they were also down 2 WRs from the course of the season.  But yeah, they certainly did Marvin up in the second half.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I blame Marvin for the Chief's loss.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
0-7 sounds horrible, and it is. But, what people tend to forget is that in 2011 and 2012 were Dalton and Green's first and second year in the league, after the Palmer debacle. We really had no business being in the playoffs, and they over achieved to get there. And they got beat by the Texans. 2013 was the year they really crapped the bed and lost to a Chargers team they should have easily beaten. 2014 against the Colts, the team was thoroughly decimated by injuries and we had running backs playing receiver. And then there was the Pittsburgh debacle in 2015. So when you look at the individual games losses in the Dalton era, it's not as bad as it sounds....
Reply/Quote
Well Marv is 0-4 at home in the playoffs, so if he tries hard, it's not out of reach.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 0-7 sounds horrible, and it is. But, what people tend to forget is that in 2011 and 2012 were Dalton and Green's first and second year in the league, after the Palmer debacle. We really had no business being in the playoffs, and they over achieved to get there.  And they got beat by the Texans. 2013 was the year they really crapped the bed and lost to a Chargers team they should have easily beaten. 2014 against the Colts, the team was thoroughly decimated by injuries and we had running backs playing receiver. And then there was the Pittsburgh debacle in 2015. So when you look at the individual games losses in the Dalton era, it's not as bad as it sounds....

I think I've heard this argument somewhere before.  "I don't think that you can truly judge the actions of a fraternity, without first looking at the positive qualities of it's members.."  -Animal House, Tribunal Scene

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think I've heard this argument somewhere before.  "I don't think that you can truly judge the actions of a fraternity, without first looking at the positive qualities of it's members.."  -Animal House, Tribunal Scene

LOL... of those 5 games, they realistically should have won 2 of them. "And if we are going to indict the Bengals, then don't we have to indict the whole NFL?? And if we Indict the NFL, isn't that the same as indicting the whole US of A? Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit here and listen to you run down the USA.... let's go....
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: LOL... of those 5 games, they realistically should have won 2 of them.

But, they didn't..

So the fact remains, the curse of Bo still lives.  Ninja

But seriously, they should have wiped the floor with SD, and went on to greater glory that season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, they didn't..

So the fact remains, the curse of Bo still lives.  Ninja

But seriously, they should have wiped the floor with SD, and went on to greater glory that season.

Yep, I have never seen a whole team come out as flat as they did that day..... from offense to defense to the water guys....
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, sorry. 0-7 is still worse. 

No, I think 0-6 at HOME is worse then 0-4 at HOME and 0-3 away.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 12:09 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: No, I think 0-6 at HOME is worse then 0-4 at HOME and 0-3 away.

No. That's 0-6 at home over the last 20+ years. 

Marv has pooped his pants 7 times in less years, plus 7 is always more than 6.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: LOL... of those 5 games, they realistically should have won 2 of them. "And if we are going to indict the Bengals, then don't we have to indict the whole NFL?? And if we Indict the NFL, isn't that the same as indicting the whole US of A? Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit here and listen to you run down the USA.... let's go....

You probably have an affinity for cucumbers 
Reply/Quote
Whitworth set a record today for the player with the most playoff appearances without a win

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: LOL... of those 5 games, they realistically should have won 2 of them. "And if we are going to indict the Bengals, then don't we have to indict the whole NFL?? And if we Indict the NFL, isn't that the same as indicting the whole US of A? Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit here and listen to you run down the USA.... let's go....

That's a hell of a leap going from knocking the Bengals post season record to knocking an entire nation, but forget all that and let's pretend our nation is without any negative effects and not talking about any of them makes us all great? I'm not quite following the line of reasoning here.
While we're not exactly like Bangladesh or some other 3rd world nation we're not without our own faults and problems that need addressed..

I don't see the point of dwelling on every single mistake the Bengals have ever made. After all, there is a benefit to making mistakes and that is that mistakes are one vehicle for learning to fix things. Change usually occurs after mistakes are made, not necessarily when everything is going perfect..

Enough of me yammering away about the Bengals propensity for repeating the same mistakes over and over.. This is where I predict a completely undefeated season and the super bowl dynasty that enshrines Mike Brown as the single greatest 2nd owner of the team.. 
Well, perhaps I'm a bit drunk and slightly significantly insane lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 04:16 AM)grampahol Wrote: That's a hell of a leap going from knocking the Bengals post season record to knocking an entire nation,

Hilarious

[Image: f3e0d346ef88d7223d406be8d82a96f31.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 09:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hilarious

[Image: f3e0d346ef88d7223d406be8d82a96f31.jpg]

Went right over gramps head.  Haha
Reply/Quote