Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you change about Marvin?
Give Marv total control over everything. Give him final say over all of it, right down to how much a hot dog costs.
Let him run the whole show. Sink or swim. Probably the only way to ever get rid of him is to have him sink the whole ship, which is exactly what he will do. It wouldn't be pretty. It would be painful and agonizing, but nothing else works.

Marv, like many people, found his level. He found his ceiling, which is bad team rebuilder. He is incapable of going any farther than that. The rest of the journey, the last leg, the last mile to champion is his bridge too far.

What I would change about him? His refusal to recognize this and move the **** on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Must admit I'm unclear about the rest of the NFL evaluators not agreeing with my assessment remark.

No how, no way you. don't know what I'm talking about.

I don't think I've ever thrown this word out in my whole time on the message boards.

You seem to be trolling my friend.

You must be living on a flat earth if you don't know what others are saying.

Retaining Marvin Lewis is and was absurd.

Many have said he should have been let go years ago.

You have not heard this?

Welcome back from your coma Bfine.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would have him absolutely stay in attack mode to the very end of the half, in every game.

I would have him instill the need to absolutely bury the opponents in the second half, so that they came out and played like their hair was on fire.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why do we need Marvin to change?

I thought he was doing great... right?!?

Oh wait it's the fans and their support that are holding back his Superbowl run.

Or maybe like Dalton he needs everything to be absolutely perfect to win.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great fans: Let's not pretend Cincy is Green Bay south. We often don't sell out and have had to rely on things in the past such as extended deadlines, Krogers, Chad Johnson, and BOGO to get a game televised

Cincinnati fans deserve more.

For three decades, They stay through year after numbing year of half assing it by coaches and management. Cincinnati isn’t Green Bay south, because gb tries. They hold coaches and players accountable. They try to improve their product. Same with Pittsburgh, Baltimore, sf, Dallas. Etc.

Fans of the bengals, the browns buffalo and others in the same boat don’t need the “you’re not a real fan if criticize the organization.” Being a fan, showing up and supporting the the sometimes means calling a spade a spade. If the only way to get management to listen is to put a bag on your head or cancel season tickets, that doesn’t make you less of a fan, it means you’re willing to speak up for something you value.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 11:47 AM)Benton Wrote: Cincinnati fans deserve more.

There you go with your sense of entitlement.

There's this thing called an off button on your TV remote...

Or so I've been told.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell said Marvin was infallible?

Point is I'd like to see he receive a little more support from the fans and this has lead to me "not being a real fan" and others longing for the negative rep feature.

Luckily fans are just that; however, the team wanted him back and rallied around the coach. So in the end that is all that matters

Just FYI. When we had the consecutive playoff seasons this team had tons of support. Sellouts every game without issue from what I remember. Marvin had tons of support for turning the franchise around. His lack of support now is due to consecutive losing seasons that he has coached himself into. 

But maintain your fantasy that he's been unfairly vilified. 

Any longing I have for negative rep comes from people who blame the fans for this teams accomplishments (or lack thereof) when realistically we have zero control over what this team does and doesn't do. Yet somehow you imply if Marvin had our full support things would've been different?

Whatever.
Reply/Quote
Not sure I'm posting this in the right place! But, I would like to see a "Take no prisoners" attitude for four quarters, instead of let's just play to score what we think is enuff points and then shut down.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell said Marvin was infallible?

Point is I'd like to see he receive a little more support from the fans and this has lead to me "not being a real fan" and others longing for the negative rep feature.

Luckily fans are just that; however, the team wanted him back and rallied around the coach. So in the end that is all that matters

Well....when you come in here and complain about the way fans treat Merv, while simultaneously relishing in taking shots at Dalton, it kinda gives off an air that you blame the quarterback for all of the problems with the team, while holding Merv blameless.  You did the same thing when Palmer was here.

Hmmm....blaming players....throwing others under the bus....never pointing fingers at Merv for anyhting.  Merv, welcome to the boards!.  All this time...... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 11:11 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why do we need Marvin to change?

I thought he was doing great...  right?!?

Oh wait it's the fans and their support that are holding back his Superbowl run.

Or maybe like Dalton he needs everything to be absolutely perfect to win.

[Image: giphy.gif]

You touched on a great point I used to try to get people to question themselves on the old board.....all the way back to the Palmer days.

Why do so many fans think the quarterback must play perfect every single game, while letting the rest of this undisciplined, unruly bunch off the hook?  The reason the rest of the team is undisciplined is because of weak leadership from the HC.  But yeah.....lets just try for that absolutely 100% flawless quarterback 100% of the time.  It's like people think we play 1 on 22.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
His playoff W-L record
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Discipline of his players
Reply/Quote