Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you change about Marvin?
(01-05-2018, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The lack of support he receives from Bengal fans.

Fifteen ****ing seasons and you think he still deserves unconditional support. 

Unbelievable

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fifteen ****ing seasons and you think he still deserves unconditional support. 

Unbelievable

Didn't say what he deserves; simply posted what I'd like to see changes about him. I appreciate if you feel your support is unwarranted.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't say what he deserves; simply posted what I'd like to see changes about him. 

Exactly. And in order for your wish to come true, fans would need to support him, regardless of what he's done for the last 15 years.

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Susan Lucci didn't win an Emmy until her 19th try. 

So, we just need to support Marv till the end of his next contract and we're all good!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Exactly. And in order for your wish to come true, fans would need to support him, regardless of what he's done for the last 15 years.

Mellow

Once again no wish was made; simply what I would like to see changed. My want is to have the fans support him and perhaps appreciate what he has given us over the last 15 years. I understand I am from a different and do not feel entitled "aka what I deserve"  

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Once again no wish was made; simply what I would like to see changed. My want is to have the fans support him and perhaps appreciate what he has given us over the last 15 years. I understand I am from a different and do not feel entitled "aka what I deserve"  

Fans should feel entitled as much as they should give their unconditional support. 

Marv's level of support is more than commensurate to his achievements. That's probably why i'm confused as to what you would like to see changed. 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't say what he deserves; simply posted what I'd like to see changes about him. I appreciate if you feel your support is unwarranted.  

But you didn't post what you'd like to see change about HIM

You posted what you'd like to see change about the FANS

But then you posted you appreciate it if fans feel their support is unwarranted. ?????
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fans should feel entitled as much as they should give their unconditional support. 

If you say so. I just disagree. 99.999% of the fans have given nothing to this team; yet they deserve something more from a franchise that provides them with year round entertainment, community services, and economic boost.

Perhaps if they would relocate folks would not feel entitled. 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you say so. I just disagree. 99.999% of the fans have given nothing to this team; yet they deserve something more from a franchise that provides them with year round entertainment, community services, and economic boost.

Perhaps if they would relocate folks would not feel entitled. 

I certainly hope you don't get upset when you go out to eat and get bad food and bad service. Because you've given nothing to that restaurant or the people that work there. 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Once again no wish was made; simply what I would like to see changed. My want is to have the fans support him and perhaps appreciate what he has given us over the last 15 years. I understand I am from a different and do not feel entitled "aka what I deserve"  

He’s given us... nothing.

Players and staff don’t necessarily measure things in terms of championships. Fans do. In Marvin’s mind he may be doing fine, but he’s had 15 years to do his job for the fans. He’s failed. He’s not gotten close in any measure.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I certainly hope you don't get upset when you go out to eat and get bad food and bad service. Because you've given nothing to that restaurant or the people that work there. 

Well to be honest I really don't get upset if I receive bad food (assuming you do not mean spoiled) and/or service. I will just not go there again; so I have fulfilled your hopes. But your analogy has 0 to do with the vast majority in this forum that ***** about Marvin's performance; unless they are forced to pay his salary. 

Reply/Quote
I would like to see him be more controlling of his coordinators. I think he is to liberal with his coaches.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:19 AM)Benton Wrote: He’s given us... nothing.

He's "given" you 125 wins. What more do you deserve? 

Reply/Quote
Regardless to what is being spewed lately in this thread.

Football is a competitive sport.

There is a Championship and trophy for having the best record.

Not just some loop of entertainment with no results or end game.

Someone in here is getting a bit too high strung.

Stow it Flo.

People want to see substantial results AND be entertained.

Not the ol' "at least it's not the 90s or were not Cleveland" crap that so many complacent fans regurgitate when they know they're getting hosed as lifelong fans from childhood.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:59 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Regardless to what is being spewed lately in this thread.

Stow it Flo.

Not the ol' "at least it's not the 90s or were not Cleveland" crap that so many complacent fans regurgitate when they know they're getting hosed as lifelong fans from childhood.
I agree that there are folks in here getting a bit too high strung, Perhaps they should just enjoy what they are given at no cost to them; instead of thinking they deserve a trophy so simply showing up 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be honest I really don't get upset if I receive bad food (assuming you do not mean spoiled) and/or service. I will just not go there again; so I have fulfilled your hopes. But your analogy has 0 to do with the vast majority in this forum that ***** about Marvin's performance; unless they are forced to pay his salary. 

When you pay for something, you have every right to ***** about it. 

Listen, homey. I'm not saying you're a liar...but i just got back from Bdubs in Florence a couple hours ago. My wife and i sat there for almost an hour waiting for a couple orders of wings, some celery and some buffalo chips. At about the 40 minute mark, i was starting to get agitated. At no point did the server do anything other than act like she didn't even want to be there. When it was all said and done, the bill came to $40 (ordered my son something to go) i gave her 2 gift cards that totaled $55 and told her i didn't want anything back. Cause that's just how i roll with servers. 

Point is, i was starting to get pretty pissed that i had to sit there that long, no chips were offered or brought to the table and the server was honestly terrible. So i have a hard time believing you go to restaurants and if the service or food is bad, you just stop going there. I'm willing to bet you've bitched to mgmt at some point (maybe more than once, cause i have as well). 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:59 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Regardless to what is being spewed lately in this thread.

Stow it Flo.

Yep. For me, it just comes down to this; if you're going to talk about how your goal is a championship, yet you continue to fail and do very little different to change it...and your approach is pretty far away from teams that are successful and win championships...yet you're given 15 years to try and accomplish your goal...don't be surprised if i'm a bit miffed when you spew more empty words and i fail to buy into it hook, line and sinker. 

It's just as simple as that. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He's "given" you 125 wins. What more do you deserve? 

Come on.  You're just being silly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not to get the thread back on track or anything, but I would change the fact that Marvin's shortcomings are the same today as they were right from the start.

We didn't necessarily see them in the beginning because he looked so good compared to what came before. But it didn't take long to see it.

And he has not improved in 15 years. What player would last 15 years if he was good about half the time and did not improve his weaknesses, his glaring weaknesses, that is?

In all fairness, he has improved in one area. At least now his team doesn't fold from getting punched in the mouth or pushed around. I don't feel like the Bengals get physically intimidated any more. Physically beaten, yes.

What is he better at? Better with challenges. I'll give him that one.

But really, where is his improvement?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Says the guy that takes pot shots at the QB as much as possible.....even though he led us to 5 straight playoffs.  Does he get 15 years with you too?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote