Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you change about Marvin?
His boss
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you say so. I just disagree. 99.999% of the fans have given nothing to this team; yet they deserve something more from a franchise that provides them with year round entertainment, community services, and economic boost.

Perhaps if they would relocate folks would not feel entitled. 

Yes.  Because being Pittsburgh's ***** is quite entertaining.

Oh thank you Marvin and company.

Those season ticket holders(might I add that's a lot of money and dedication)are just filling up the stadium now aren't they?

It's because they're bad fans with a sense of entitlement...  right?

They are being entertained.  How dare they cancel tickets!

We have a great fan base.  Your 99.999% have hung in there through a lot of bullshit.

Yet you sit here and talk about "sense of entitlement".

Do you ever wonder why your assessment is not shared by NFL evaluators in the league and outsid media who have zero ties to the Bengals?

Maybe they are being unrealistic and feel the Bengals owe them something?

Sorry.  Not buying it.  Real fans of a team want their team to progress and to not wither or be a laughing stock once making the post season.

All of which have been traits of Marvin Lewis lead teams.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 04:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Says the guy that takes pot shots at the QB as much as possible.....even though he led us to 5 straight playoffs.  Does he get 15 years with you too?

He's halfway there. If the Bengals choose to keep him for 15 years I'll support him every time he jogs out on the field. I will NEVER root for him to do poorly and/or lose a game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:33 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes.  Because being Pittsburgh's ***** is quite entertaining.

Oh thank you Marvin and company.

Those season ticket holders(might I add that's a lot of money and dedication)are just filling up the stadium now aren't they?

It's because they're bad fans with a sense of entitlement...  right?

They are being entertained.  How dare they cancel tickets!

We have a great fan base.  Your 99.999% have hung in there through a lot of bullshit.

Yet you sit here and talk about "sense of entitlement".

Do you ever wonder why your assessment is not shared by NFL evaluators in the league and outsid media who have zero ties to the Bengals?

Maybe they are being unrealistic and feel the Bengals owe them something?

Sorry.  Not buying it.  Real fans of a team want their team to progress and to not wither or be a laughing stock once making the post season.

All of which have been traits of Marvin Lewis lead teams.

Aahhh, the old "real fans" approach; how original. 

Reply/Quote
To give a serious answer to the OP's question, I would change his sideline demeanor when we are getting shafted by the officials. When we get bad calls, or teams are allowed to hold our D guys without penalty, the players come over and complain to him and he is just "it's ok, go back to the sideline and calm down". He says acting like an idiot on the sideline helps no one. I disagree, and while "acting like an idiot" is not necessarily the thing to do, getting in the referee's ear now and again is something other coaches do that pays dividends later in the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's halfway there. If the Bengals choose to keep him for 15 years I'll support him every time he jogs out on the field. I will NEVER root for him to do poorly and/or lose a game. 

There's really no difference.  They both have faults...and Marv is FAR from infallible in all of this.  That was the point.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I would would change the fact that he's Marvin Lewis. Seriously. As a person, I find Marvin the man to be arrogant, (holding himself) without blame - "They have to learn to win games", ultra conservative/afraid to lose, and enabling. This has nothing to do with his football acumen, but rather the man that he is. It's everything you wouldn't want in a leader of men.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He's "given" you 125 wins. What more do you deserve? 

If you do the math, 125 wins in 15 years is 8 wins a year.  Add that to the 0-7, that is a ceiling of mediocrity.  And we should be thanking our lucky stars over that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He's "given" you 125 wins. What more do you deserve? 

God I miss the negative rep at times.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The lack of support he receives from Bengal fans.

I think you support him because he's black. Which is fine, if that's your #1 criteria for what you want out of a coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: There's really no difference.  They both have faults...and Marv is FAR from infallible in all of this.  That was the point.  

Who the hell said Marvin was infallible?

Point is I'd like to see he receive a little more support from the fans and this has lead to me "not being a real fan" and others longing for the negative rep feature.

Luckily fans are just that; however, the team wanted him back and rallied around the coach. So in the end that is all that matters

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 02:17 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think you support him because he's black. Which is fine, if that's your #1 criteria for what you want out of a coach.

Ah, you've cracked the code. I do like Marvin but I would have happily accepted:

Jim Caldwell

Vance Joseph

Hue Jackson

Leslie Frazier

Ray Horton

or any other number of HC candidates.

I did not want:

Pat Shurmur

Jack Del Rio

Jon Gruden

Jay Gruden

Reply/Quote
I'd turn him into a temporary paranoid schizophrenic (it would fade in the off season and if he ever stopped being a coach) who believed that "they" are out to get him. He could never be satisfied with a half-time lead. He would never be satisfied with players who mess up saying they'll do better. "They" are coming and he'd always be after everyone all the time to improve, be accountable for their mistakes, and not be content with where we are at. "They" will get you if you just play your high draft pick players instead of trying out someone else on the roster as a starter who might be performing better. And time is of the essence so you can't afford to misuse even a single timeout, or "they" will be on you. And you certainly can't take a knee at the end of a half when there is time to try to score -- "they" are closing in.

OK, I probably wouldn't do that because actually it sounds a little cruel but you get the idea.

Reply/Quote
His 0 to a 7 and his 7 to a 0.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Aahhh, the old "real fans" approach; how original. 

That's all you got outta that?

By all means carry on supporting and defending our historically underachieving coach.
Reply/Quote
What I would change is to have Marvin sit *****-side to Mike Brown in the owners box.

Then hire a man who still posses a nutsack to stand on the sidelines to call plays, organize underachieving unruly players no matter what their pay grade or status is, and chew some refs asses when we're getting screwed.

This would take place every single play of every single quarter of every single game.

Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 04:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's all you got outta that?

By all means carry on supporting and defending our historically underachieving coach.

Nope I got it all; that's just all I cared to respond to; however since you feel you are deserving of more:

Pittsburgh's asterisk mark: I've known and admitted for some time now that I give less than a damn about Pittsburgh; while others here are obsessed with them. Remember when I was all alone hoping Pittsburgh would beat the Ravens? That was because I care about this team and not the team in Black and Gold. And guess what happened? Our team got the satisfaction of knocking the Ravens out of the playoffs because of it.

Great fans: Let's not pretend Cincy is Green Bay south. We often don't sell out and have had to rely on things in the past such as extended deadlines, Krogers, Chad Johnson, and BOGO to get a game televised. 

If someone wants to cancel season tickets that is their choice.

Must admit I'm unclear about the rest of the NFL evaluators not agreeing with my assessment remark.

If you are not entertained I am sure your TV has a power button. 

Reply/Quote
1. his attitude
2. his attitude for being Mr. Nice Guy
3. his attitude for gettin in the players faces
4. his attitude for gettin this team prepared for games
5. his attitude for halftime adjustments
6. his attitude for stupid player decisions
7. his attitude. Other than that his attitude.
Reply/Quote
Any fan base that 'supports' a franchise through a 27 year playoff victory drought damn sure 'deserve' better.

One thing fans are 'entitled' to is the right to express their feelings about the franchise however they wish.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope I got it all; that's just all I cared to respond to; however since you feel you are deserving of more:

Pittsburgh's asterisk mark: I've known and admitted for some time now that I give less than a damn about Pittsburgh; while others here are obsessed with them. Remember when I was all alone hoping Pittsburgh would beat the Ravens? That was because I care about this team and not the team in Black and Gold. And guess what happened? Our team got the satisfaction of knocking the Ravens out of the playoffs because of it.

Great fans: Let's not pretend Cincy is Green Bay south. We often don't sell out and have had to rely on things in the past such as extended deadlines, Krogers, Chad Johnson, and BOGO to get a game televised. 

If someone wants to cancel season tickets that is their choice.

Must admit I'm unclear about the rest of the NFL evaluators not agreeing with my assessment remark.

If you are not entertained I am sure your TV has a power button. 
Shut your mouth and cheer or GTFO.  Got it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote