Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Star Wars thread
I didn't know people like this even existed, but apparently I married one, if you knew someone who has never seen a nanosecond of any Star Wars movies, how would you show them the 7 movies out now?  Would you go Episodes 4-5-6, then 1-2-3 or would you do it chronologically, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7?  I personally think 4-5-6 are sufficient enough for them.  Maybe a little bit of Episode 3, just to get some of the Vader backstory. 

If this has already been talked about, my apologies.  Mods can delete the thread. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hawk, if you truly love your wife you would not force her to sit through 1,2,3!

I'm with you...4,5,6 and then when she says...."man that Vader dude is just a big meanie"...you show her the second half of 3. Then she'll get it and she wont be subject to too much Jar Jar Binks.

Then you be a good guy and take her out for dinner and episode 7
Reply/Quote
4-5-6 is it.... i wouldnt watch any others..
3 turns vader into a crying B***** and i lost all respect for him

If you can get the original 4-5-6 not the remastered crap.

1 is unwatchable except for the darth maul fight
2 is good action
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 4-5-6 is it.... i wouldnt watch any others..
3 turns vader into a crying B***** and i lost all respect for him

If you can get the original 4-5-6 not the remastered crap.

1 is unwatchable except for the darth maul fight
2 is good action

how they messed up 1 with Darth Maul, Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson I'll never know.  Any movie with those two guys and that villain should have been one for the ages.

however....as you said Xeno...unwatchable.
Reply/Quote
So, I know I'm the odd man out on this one, but I'm for showing them all. There is a story there that helps run throughout the series. Yes, they did a horrible job telling it, but I think it is important to get that whole story in. The order, for me, depends on how much they know already. If they know Anakin is Vader and he is the father to Luke and Leia, then show them in order 1-6. If they don't know anything about the series, watch them in the order they came out in.

Just my opinion on it all.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:04 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: how they messed up 1 with Darth Maul, Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson I'll never know.  Any movie with those two guys and that villain should have been one for the ages.

however....as you said Xeno...unwatchable.

It seriously could go down as one of the most mismanaged movies ever.
ESPECIALLY if you believe in the Darth Darth Binks theory. 
Reply/Quote
4.5.1.2.Clone Wars.3.6

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, I know I'm the odd man out on this one, but I'm for showing them all. There is a story there that helps run throughout the series. Yes, they did a horrible job telling it, but I think it is important to get that whole story in. The order, for me, depends on how much they know already. If they know Anakin is Vader and he is the father to Luke and Leia, then show them in order 1-6. If they don't know anything about the series, watch them in the order they came out in.

Just my opinion on it all.

No dude if i could go back and not watch 1-3 id be a much bigger star wars fan still.
Reply/Quote
I subscribe to the flashback method:

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: No dude if i could go back and not watch 1-3 id be a much bigger star wars fan still.

They are not so bad. It explains much of the story, you can't bypass these and the Clone Wars cartoons are awesome. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

It's that simple. You should watch the prequels for more on the Jedi Order. You should watch it for the Obi-Wan backstory. You should watch it to see how Anakin fell.

The issue with the prequels is that George Lucas focused too much on Anakin and Padme story and not enough on the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. It should have been about how Obi-Wan failed him as a master. Too much of their story was put into the cartoons and not the movies.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:38 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: They are not so bad. It explains much of the story, you can't bypass these and the Clone Wars cartoons are awesome. 

They explain in Lucas' awful retconned fashion.

The lore of Star Wars before the prequels was better than the prequels that Lucas muffed hard. 

They have some redeeming parts, but that part of the story can be shown through youtube clips and a 30 second explanation.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 4,5,6,1,2,3,7

It's that simple. You should watch the prequels for more on the Jedi Order. You should watch it for the Obi-Wan backstory. You should watch it to see how Anakin fell.

The issue with the prequels is that George Lucas focused too much on Anakin and Padme story and not enough on the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. It should have been about how Obi-Wan failed him as a master. Too much of their story was put into the cartoons and not the movies.

He tried to do too much with certain things instead of keeping it simple and letting the story tell itself. 
Reply/Quote
II, III, IV, V, VI, VII

Never I. Remember, there's no "I" in "good."
Reply/Quote