Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Now comes the heads on pikes portion of our show...
(02-07-2020, 11:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hopefully to parking lot duty, at the Washington Monument, or some such.

Vindman is decorated combat veteran who rose to a position in the National Security Counsel.  He reported observations (outside influences promoting a false narrative of Ukraine) and behavior (Presidents abuse of power) that he felt threatened the official US policy in Ukraine as well as national security.

And you want him to suffer for that?

That is the kind of guy you want to get rid of when "draining the swamp?"

I'll bet you don't even have a clue who he was or what he said.
(02-10-2020, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vindman is decorated combat veteran who rose to a position in the National Security Counsel.  He reported observations (outside influences promoting a false narrative of Ukraine) and behavior (Presidents abuse of power) that he felt threatened the official US policy in Ukraine as well as national security.

And you want him to suffer for that?

That is the kind of guy you want to get rid of when "draining the swamp?"

I'll bet you don't even have a clue who he was or what he said.

It just highlights how much Trump and the GOP prey on the ignorant, relying on their lack of knowledge and their naivete to convince them that they aren't actually dismantling everything our founding fathers fought for.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-10-2020, 03:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It just highlights how much Trump and the GOP prey on the ignorant, relying on their lack of knowledge and their naivete to convince them that they aren't actually dismantling everything our founding fathers fought for.

Careful Matt.  Using words like "ignorant" are badges of courage to Trump supporters who are proud "deplorables".  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-07-2020, 11:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hopefully to parking lot duty, at the Washington Monument, or some such.

Yea, screw veterans that have given their entire adult life to this nation, right?

I can't believe any would defend the constitution and respond to congressional subpoenas instead of just protecting a guy who made up a medical condition instead of serving his nation. Traitors. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-10-2020, 03:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Careful Matt.  Using words like "ignorant" are badges of courage to Trump supporters who are proud "deplorables".  Cool

Well, that's because the GOP likes their voters uninformed, they prefer that ignorance. Informed voters are necessary for democracy and the GOP is undemocratic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Ok but how should Vindman's brother be punished?

Is firing him really enough to send a message to the "swamp creatures" who put duty to the Constitution before personal loyalty to the president?

Would you agree that a demotion, and perhaps a general discharge with no benefits, would send a stronger signal?
[Image: 86193368_4190749150936031_23323717508907...e=5ED58AC0]
(02-11-2020, 04:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 86193368_4190749150936031_23323717508907...e=5ED58AC0]

As shitty as Gallagher is, I have a hard time calling a 17 year old ISIS soldier "a child"

(02-11-2020, 04:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As shitty as Gallagher is, I have a hard time calling a 17 year old ISIS soldier "a child"

So noted.  The rest is accurate.
Remember when the left referred to General Petraeus at "General Betrayed Us" and the right jumped all over them for it? They claimed it was unpatriotic and besmirched the name of a great military leader. Pepperidge Farms remembers.
(02-11-2020, 04:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As shitty as Gallagher is, I have a hard time calling a 17 year old ISIS soldier "a child"

Do you think that "ISIS soldier" joined up of his own volition, and that he had a fully developed brain when he chose to do so?

I personally don't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(02-12-2020, 12:36 AM)jason Wrote: Do you think that "ISIS soldier" joined up of his own volition, and that he had a fully developed brain when he chose to do so?

I personally don't.

Likely for the first, no for the second, but neither do 18 year old "adults".

Either way, the meme is intentionally deceptive when just saying "posed with body of wounded prisoner he murdered" also shows how shitty he is without making the reader think it was a kid. 

Our Military acting like NK's military is just another black eye to this era we are in.

But as Trump has threatened.... They'll "take care of Vindman".

Vindman was better off staying in Ukraine. Silly of his father to think things would be better for him in America.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(02-07-2020, 10:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Vindman is not really fired. Just reassigned.

You’re always reassigned after being relieved of duty. Which is really fired. As a veteran, you know better. Or at least you should and not promote this false narrative.

I read the kid was 15 when Gallagher stabbed him multiple times so he wouldn’t be tortured by ISIS.
(02-11-2020, 08:22 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Remember when the left referred to General Petraeus at "General Betrayed Us" and the right jumped all over them for it? They claimed it was unpatriotic and besmirched the name of a great military leader. Pepperidge Farms remembers.

In 2007, MoveOn.org sponsored a fact-based NYT advertisement accusing the General of lying to the public about progress on the surge. They didn't go after his family. Right wing indignation about besmirching the honor of a great soldier, one who fed classified intel to his mistress and lied about Progress in Iraq, was apparently to divert attention from facts on the ground in Iraq.

The right is now going after Vindman's character and family because he obeyed a subpoena and told the truth; similarly, their intent is apparently to divert attention from facts on the ground in the WH.  Secretary of Defense promised to protect Vindman for doing his duty but didn't/couldn't.
(02-12-2020, 02:36 PM)Dill Wrote: In 2007, MoveOn.org sponsored a fact-based NYT advertisement accusing the General of lying to the public about progress on the surge. They didn't go after his family. Right wing indignation about besmirching the honor of a great soldier, one who fed classified intel to his mistress and lied about Progress in Iraq, was apparently to divert attention from facts on the ground in Iraq.

The right is now going after Vindman's character and family because he obeyed a subpoena and told the truth; similarly, their intent is apparently to divert attention from facts on the ground in the WH.  Secretary of Defense promised to protect Vindman for doing his duty but didn't/couldn't.

Yea... Those that came to the defense of Petraeus don't give two shits about Vindman. Hypocrites.
Skimming through Twitter and I'm starting see posts from REPUBLICANS taking Manchin to task about his daughter and the epipen controversy...now.  Not when it happened, but now when their dear leader tells them to be mad at him.

It's a cult.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/white-house-chief-staff-john-kelly-levels-harshest/story%3fid=68960326

Quote: “[Vindman] did exactly what we teach them to do from cradle to grave,” Kelly continued. “We teach them: Don’t follow an illegal order. And if you’re ever given one, you’ll raise it to whoever gives it to you that this is an illegal order, and then tell your boss.”

Four days after lecturing others not to talk shit about Rush Limbaugh you talk shit about about a Purple Heart recipient and active duty soldier for doing his job.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/19/politics/john-rood-pentagon-official-depart/index.html