Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now is the time to trade McCarron
The only way we trade McCarron is if a team offers us at least 2 first round picks and their back up QB, as we would be left without one if we trade McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, let me put it a different way.

We could trade McCarron for 1st now possibly, if you want.

Or, we could trade him in the off season after he's fulfilled what we need him to do this year. Who knows he might actually start in the SB and win it. Then how much would he be worth in a trade? Certainly more than a 1st given that no college player coming out will have better credentials. Hell they guy has two National Titles in college, something that no current college QB is going to have in this upcoming draft.

Frankly, I'm starting to believe there are some Dalton fans who are afraid of McCarron. I'm not sure why, but that's a more logical reason for all the trade McCarron threads than the outlandish trades I keep hearing proposed.

This is a bit of a stretch to just toss in there offhandedly!  I'd say if McCarron starts in the SB and we win that he is our new starting QB, whether that ends up biting us in the arse or not!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals like McCarron.  Cleveland is where quarterbacks go to die.  I don't think the Bengals will send him to Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
From every indication, it seems the Browns are going for a long term rebuild. They're probably not going to spend a first round pick (likely a top 5 one) to save a season where they had no expectations of winning in the first place. They're probably also aware of the public perception of Hue and how another big midseason trade for a QB would look. It's likely that the Browns will just proceed according to plan with Josh McCown. It's easy to see why they kept him now.

Fwiw, the Browns now have a great excuse for their fans if they go 3-13 in what is obviously a rebuilding year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Our Oline gave up 7 sacks. We are going to need a backup if they don't fix that shit
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:09 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: The Bengals like McCarron.  Cleveland is where quarterbacks go to die.  I don't think the Bengals will send him to Cleveland.

In all fairness, I can't think of a single QB the Browns started in the past 20 years who wasn't a super low round draft pick, a washed up vet who was clearly done, or a high round pick with massive red flags.  

I'd say McCarron would be well above most of the ones they trotted out and a bit above the non-awful ones like Couch, Anderson, and um...wait don't tell me...I know they one other QB who wasn't a total joke.  My point is, McCarron would be a QB who is youthful and showed some decent flashes and development without having giant red flags or being clearly washed up.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The only way we trade McCarron is if a team offers us at least 2 first round picks and their back up QB, as we would be left without one if we trade McCarron.

We have driskell
Reply/Quote
Here, I whipped this up instead of doing actual work and/or being productive.  Feel free to let me know if my assessment is off, but when was the last time the Browns actually gave a QB who wasn't a damn mess with no shot to do anything in the NFL an actual chance?

Legit early draft pick who was ruined by Cleveland
(He coulda been decent!  Maybe?)
Tim Couch

Legit vet who was ruined by Cleveland
(He was pretty OK after leaving Cleveland!)
Jeff Garcia

Washed-up Vets
(Clearly past their prime..whatever that was)
Robert Griffin III
Josh McCown
Jason Campbell
Seneca Wallace
Jake Delhomme
Trent Dilfer
Jeff Garcia
Kelly Holcomb
Ty Detmer
DISHONORABLE MENTION
Rex Grossman who declined an offer to start for the Browns in December of 2014 because his in-laws were visiting

Guys who were never good
(These guys can't blame their entire meh careers on the Browns!)
Austin Davis
Brian Hoyer
Thad Lewis
Ken Dorsey
Bruce Gradkowski
Doug Pederson

Drafted High but had red flags we all saw coming a mile away
(We all knew these guys would outright stink)
Johnny Manziel
Brandon Weeden
Brady Quinn

Drafted too low to expect to even work on a good team much less the Browns
(Sometimes you just have to reach for that franchise-changer in the 6th round!)
Connor Shaw
Colt McCoy
Derek Anderson (technically they didn’t draft him, but they got him off the scrap heap in a hurry)
Charlie Frye
Luke McCown
Spergon Wynn
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:44 PM)treee Wrote: I was talking to some family, and they said "If the Bengals Oline is going to play like that they should just put McCarron in from the get go" LOL

That did worry me, but the Jets have one of the best front sevens in the league, and not being able to get our running game going also allowed them to tee-off on the pass rush.

Hopefully our younger guys step-up and Bodine takes hid head out of his ass (or we sign a FA center because that was ridiculous but I don't think any are available).
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Drafted too low to expect to even work on a good team much less the Browns
(Sometimes you just have to reach for that franchise-changer in the 6th round!)
Connor Shaw
Colt McCoy
Derek Anderson (technically they didn’t draft him, but they got him off the scrap heap in a hurry)
Charlie Frye
Luke McCown
Spergon Wynn

McCoy was actually a 3rd round pick.

I'd honestly put him into the ruined by Cleveland category. Remember that his rookie year he played 8 games and had 60.8% completion, 7.1 YPA, and a 74.5 QB Rating. None of that is great, mind you, but when you figure he was sacked 23 times in half a season and his #1 WR was Mohamed Massaquoi., his #2 WR was Chansi Stuckey.

Not saying he'd ever become an elite QB or something, but I think if he had been drafted by a better team/better situation, he'd have been able to keep them competitive as a starter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: We have driskell

The guy that was cut from the team that fielded Blaine Gabbert and kept Christian Ponder.

We may as well use James Wright as our back up QB. At least he has run a play at QB for us.
Reply/Quote
His value won't change between now and the draft. We can wait until then.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The guy that was cut from the team that fielded Blaine Gabbert and kept Christian Ponder.

We may as well use James Wright as our back up QB. At least he has run a play at QB for us.

Not arguing for or against Driskell, but that's also the team that gave Colin Kaepernick $19m/yr.

So what the hell do they know about QBs?   Hilarious Hilarious

- - - - - - - - - - - - -  --

Side note, I think when (probably next offseason since the alternative is to let him go for nothing) he gets traded, the Bengals need to remember they're not just trading McCarron. They're also trading Katherine Webb....

[Image: Katherine-Webb_.jpg]

...so they better get damn good value.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  the Bengals need to remember they're not just trading McCarron. They're also trading Katherine Webb....

That's ok. She just squeezed out a kid....that sheet's all stretched out now. Be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's ok. She just squeezed out a kid....that sheet's all stretched out now. Be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

[Image: image.png]

Haha, so terrible, Beaker.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: McCoy was actually a 3rd round pick.

I'd honestly put him into the ruined by Cleveland category. Remember that his rookie year he played 8 games and had 60.8% completion, 7.1 YPA, and a 74.5 QB Rating. None of that is great, mind you, but when you figure he was sacked 23 times in half a season and his #1 WR was Mohamed Massaquoi., his #2 WR was Chansi Stuckey.

Not saying he'd ever become an elite QB or something, but I think if he had been drafted by a better team/better situation, he'd have been able to keep them competitive as a starter.

I could see that, but the fact that he was injury prone and taken 80-some odd overall was what me think he was more of a flag/reach than a legit shot.  I don't think he was going to be much of a QB wherever he landed, honestly.  I will say Colt may have been decent but was ruined by the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Browns aren't going to trade for a QB. They're in rebuilding mode. Better to let this year run out and draft a QB that Hue wants rather than panic and get rid of a 1st round pick and who knows what else for a QB who only has 4 starts and legit played 5 games.

But hey, if Hue wants to make a crazy trade again like he did for Carson, I'm game. I just don't see it happening.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Never trade with them turd goblins...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 09:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Browns aren't going to trade for a QB. They're in rebuilding mode. Better to let this year run out and draft a QB that Hue wants rather than panic and get rid of a 1st round pick and who knows what else for a QB who only has 4 starts and legit played 5 games.

But hey, if Hue wants to make a crazy trade again like he did for Carson, I'm game. I just don't see it happening.

The Browns are probably already scheming to turn next years 1st overall pick that they are most likely going to get into like thirteen 7th round picks in 2028 or something.

Also, and I'll say this again...Hue was able to swing that Carson deal in Oakland because the Raiders were desperate to keep their season going and Al Davis died and Hue had de-facto GM powers.  None of those things are available to Hue now, so you may as well hope the Vikings send 1st and 2nd to us for McCarron after Bradford tears his wiener muscle.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns are probably already scheming to turn next years 1st overall pick that they are most likely going to get into like thirteen 7th round picks in 2028 or something.

Also, and I'll say this again...Hue was able to swing that Carson deal in Oakland because the Raiders were desperate to keep their season going and Al Davis died and Hue had de-facto GM powers.  None of those things are available to Hue now, so you may as well hope the Vikings send 1st and 2nd to us for McCarron after Bradford tears his wiener muscle.

MLB has Tommy John surgery and NFL has that... I guess every sport has their own risk that people have to know about when they sign up to play.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote