Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now is the time to trade McCarron
(09-12-2016, 10:34 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: to the Browns for a 1st Round pick.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-rg3-breaks-bone-in-shoulder-could-miss-season/ar-AAiNPq6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Hue would make that deal.

NO......The season has started.....If Dalton would get injured, we would need McCarron to get to The Super Bowl.....Super Bowl is the goal of a team in 5 straight play-offs that needs to put it all together NOW, not years from now. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 03:53 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: McCarron kind of irked me when Nuge hit the game winning FG. Everyone was cheering and happy and McCarron was just standing there with his hands resting on the collar of his uniform. Show some enthusiasm when your team just made the game winning FG.

This really didn't bother me because that's not who AJ McCarron is. He is more of the strong, silent type vice Andy Dalton who is becoming more emotional every season.  Remember when the message boards were all about "Why doesn't Andy get more excited on the sideline?" a few years ago?  That's where AJ is now.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:25 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This really didn't bother me because that's not who AJ McCarron is. He is more of the strong, silent type vice Andy Dalton who is becoming more emotional every season.  Remember when the message boards were all about "Why doesn't Andy get more excited on the sideline?" a few years ago?  That's where AJ is now.  

Dalton always got excited on the sideline. It was always "I wish Dalton would stop smiling after a bad play" or "I wish Dalton would chew that receiver/OL/ect out like Brady does to his teammates". I don't ever remember him not getting pumped after a big defensive/ST play.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton always got excited on the sideline. It was always "I wish Dalton would stop smiling after a bad play" or "I wish Dalton would chew that receiver/OL/ect out like Brady does to his teammates". I don't ever remember him not getting pumped after a big defensive/ST play.

You said it better than I did.  By "excited" I means things like chewing out the offensive line, etc. 
Reply/Quote

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-rg3-breaks-bone-in-shoulder-could-miss-season/ar-AAiNPq6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Oh what ya know, another trade our backup QB thread. Yawn

I swear people want us to never make it to the SB again.

We may very well need him to win a couple of games for us this year.

Reply/Quote
We could probably get a first round pick from any QB hurt team for McCarron at some point. Knowing Hue will make crazy deals and we will be facing him in the division twice a year we should be asking for at least a first and a second.
Reply/Quote
Not moving McCarron this season without a wow offer.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 03:53 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: McCarron kind of irked me when Nuge hit the game winning FG. Everyone was cheering and happy and McCarron was just standing there with his hands resting on the collar of his uniform. Show some enthusiasm when your team just made the game winning FG.
He knows all of us ass hats wanna trade him every other day.... He's done with this place.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:16 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Oh what ya know, another trade our backup QB thread. Yawn

I was really kidding.
Reply/Quote

So hue gives us a 1st and a 3rd then next year after hes fired  RB coach?

Not gonna happen... We don't need to help Cleveland. plus a top 5 pick next year is worth more than McCarron.

(they are tanking this season... its why they brought in RGIII to begin with)
Reply/Quote
Don't think a trade is going to happen during the season, but some of you people crack me up with pointing out how Dalton getting sacked 7 times proves how much they need McCarron, or how if Dalton gets hurt, they'd need McCarron to win the SB.

Here's the truth. If Dalton gets hurt, the season is over. Dalton has one of the quickest releases in football and is great pre-snap. If you put McCarron behind that OL against the Jets, he'd have either had 15 sacks, or would have been hurt and left the game. I think people forget how absolutely horrible McCarron's pocket awareness was, how long he held onto the ball, and how often/quickly he got happy feet despite being slow. Oh, and how poorly he secures the ball when getting sacked, which Dalton is great at.

Last year he was sacked 15 times in just under 5 games. Behind the same OL that Dalton was sacked 20 times behind in just over 12 games. McCarron would be murdered behind this OL, so if Dalton goes down, the fat lady has sung.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not with our OL play last Sunday. We need the insurance as much as anyone.
Reply/Quote
Hue came out and said they weren't trading for a QB.

WELL SHOOT THERE GOES THE CHANCE TO GET THAT BUM MCCARRON OUTTA HERE!!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:16 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Oh what ya know, another trade our backup QB thread. Yawn

I get what you are saying BUT the only times we've made it to the SB in nearly 50 years of existence our starting QB stayed healthy the entire time.

Anywho, this whole thing is super moot because it seems pretty clear the Brown's FO has no interest in actually spending draft picks. And honestly, if the Browns' FO fires Hue for being unable to win in the AFC North with a QB room featuring Cody Kessler and 2 vet QBs who have won a grand total of like 5 games in the past 5 years things are even crazier there than I thought.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People need to realize we're just going to spend the 1st round pick we get for McCarron on an injured CB anyways.

LOL

(09-12-2016, 11:55 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: The Browns aren't winning anything this year, and they aren't winning anything next year. I have no idea why Cleveland would give up much for McCarron.. And yes the Bengals should demand a kings ransom especially wit this Oline..  But who knows, they are the Browns.

Pretty much.

People want to compare it to the Oakland deal, but that was different. Hue (like every coach before him) was told to go win a  championship that year and do whatever was necessary. There wasn't any planning down the road, no common vision between the front office and coaching staff, just a mandate to win. And it was given because they thought they had the pieces in place.

Cleveland knows it doesn't have much of anything. From what I've read, Hue has said everyone realizes it's going to take time (interpret the length as long as you want, but I'd say more than the first half of a season). They aren't going to start a rebuilding process that takes at least a couple seasons and scrap that for a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hue already said they wont be trading for a QB.

Pretty cool watching the QB they could have and should have drafted beat them.

Vikes said the same thing and gave away a crazy price for a pocket hobbler cobbler.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:20 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Pretty much.

People want to compare it to the Oakland deal, but that was different. Hue (like every coach before him) was told to go win a  championship that year and do whatever was necessary. There wasn't any planning down the road, no common vision between the front office and coaching staff, just a mandate to win. And it was given because they thought they had the pieces in place.

Cleveland knows it doesn't have much of anything. From what I've read, Hue has said everyone realizes it's going to take time (interpret the length as long as you want, but I'd say more than the first half of a season). They aren't going to start a rebuilding process that takes at least a couple seasons and scrap that for a backup QB.

In all fairness the Palmer trade could have been a long-term thing, and Carson was a starting QB in 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, and now in 2016.  Trading a 1st and a 2nd for a guy who will be a sure-fire starting QB for 6 years is a decent deal.  The Raiders just threw it all into that one season that fell short and then fire Hue and replaced him with Dennis Allen who was a total joke of a HC.

The Palmer trade wasn't really an awful mess until they pulled the plug on Hue and shipped Palmer to AZ for a 6th round pick.  They hit on Carr though, so that bailed them out.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get what you are saying BUT the only times we've made it to the SB in nearly 50 years of existence our starting QB stayed healthy the entire time.

Anywho, this whole thing is super moot because it seems pretty clear the Brown's FO has no interest in actually spending draft picks.  And honestly, if the Browns' FO fires Hue for being unable to win in the AFC North with a QB room featuring Cody Kessler and 2 vet QBs who have won a grand total of like 5 games in the past 5 years things are even crazier there than I thought.

Well, let me put it a different way.

We could trade McCarron for 1st now possibly, if you want.

Or, we could trade him in the off season after he's fulfilled what we need him to do this year. Who knows he might actually start in the SB and win it. Then how much would he be worth in a trade? Certainly more than a 1st given that no college player coming out will have better credentials. Hell they guy has two National Titles in college, something that no current college QB is going to have in this upcoming draft.

Frankly, I'm starting to believe there are some Dalton fans who are afraid of McCarron. I'm not sure why, but that's a more logical reason for all the trade McCarron threads than the outlandish trades I keep hearing proposed.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, let me put it a different way.

We could trade McCarron for 1st now possibly, if you want.

Or, we could trade him in the off season after he's fulfilled what we need him to do this year. Who knows he might actually start in the SB and win it. Then how much would he be worth in a trade? Certainly more than a 1st given that no college player coming out will have better credentials. Hell they guy has two National Titles in college, something that no current college QB is going to have in this upcoming draft.

Frankly, I'm starting to believe there are some Dalton fans who are afraid of McCarron. I'm not sure why, but that's a more logical reason for all the trade McCarron threads than the outlandish trades I keep hearing proposed.
Jt barrett will
Reply/Quote
He couldn't even make it through 1 game.

Reply/Quote