Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now that I have a car radio from the 21st century...
that shows titles of songs, I've been a little shocked at the number of songs I actually didn't know the name of. I would say leading that list would be Locomotive Breath and D'yer Maker. I had no idea those were the names of those songs? Anyone else encounter that?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 04:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: that shows titles of songs, I've been a little shocked at the number of songs I actually didn't know the name of. I would say leading that list would be Locomotive Breath and D'yer Maker. I had no idea those were the names of those songs? Anyone else encounter that?

I encounter it a lot organizing my digital library. Perhaps the most famous is Baba O'Riely (aka Teenage Wasteland). I've known the correct name for quite a while, but until recently always believed a story that it was the name of a photo journalist from Vietnam and that the song was about Vietnam War
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2016, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I encounter it a lot organizing my digital library. Perhaps the most famous is Baba O'Riely (aka Teenage Wasteland). I've known the correct name for quite a while, but until recently always believed a story that it was the name of a photo journalist from Vietnam and that the song was about Vietnam War

I was going to say Baba O'Riely but you stole it from me! I've always known the name of the song because the first time I heard it was on MTV.

Another people seem to forget is Sympathy For The Devil by the Rolling Stones. They always say, "Do you have that song by the Stones that goes Please to meet you, won't you guess my name?" and as soon as they say "By the Stones" I get it queued up on the computer.
Reply/Quote
Maybe now people will start calling Plowed by its rightful name instead of calling it Human Wreckage.

But I doubt it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Closer by Nine Inch Nails........instead of "I want to **** you (like an Animal)"
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Metallicas Welcome Home..... Most people know if by Sanitarium
Reply/Quote
One that folks always get wrong is Brain Damage by Pink Floyd. Most everybody call it Dark Side of the Moon
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 05:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Metallicas Welcome Home..... Most people know if by Sanitarium

The band even parenthetically named that song Sanitarium.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Song 2 instead of WOOHOO!!!
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised by the titles, but every once in a while by the artist as well. Ever have a song you thought was done by one person/group and then you see it displayed and you had it wrong the whole time? Wracking my brain for an example, but I know it's happened to me before.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 08:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm surprised by the titles, but every once in a while by the artist as well. Ever have a song you thought was done by one person/group and then you see it displayed and you had it wrong the whole time? Wracking my brain for an example, but I know it's happened to me before.
You're the best around. It's a trivia night staple.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 08:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm surprised by the titles, but every once in a while by the artist as well. Ever have a song you thought was done by one person/group and then you see it displayed and you had it wrong the whole time? Wracking my brain for an example, but I know it's happened to me before.

Thought "All the Young Dudes" was The Beatles and "Lonely is the Night" was Zeppelin.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 10:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thought "All the Young Dudes" was The Beatles and "Lonely is the Night" was Zeppelin.

there was a song or 2 by aerosmith that I used to get confused with zeppelin...
Reply/Quote