Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee lawmakers know how to fix the same sex marriage "problem"
(09-23-2015, 04:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If I want to be married, I have to go to the court house and pay the lords their money so they can allow me to marry legally.

I assume you wouldn't have done that were there not something in it for you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-23-2015, 04:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If I want to be married, I have to go to the court house and pay the lords their money so they can allow me to marry legally.

If you want to be married?  I thought you already got fake married in June.  Somehow you managed to get married on a week day without affecting your posting here.  Well, done.
(09-23-2015, 04:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I agree.  Follow the law.  Her job isn't forced upon her.  

You just agreed she has a choice in direct contradiction to your earlier statement her rights were being infringed upon by the government.

You wrote the law is forcing you to get married which it isn't.  You have to choose to get married, the law doesn't force you to get married.
(09-23-2015, 04:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ok will try and hit these. If I miss any Lemme know. It's hard when you break things up on my phone.

1. Never said the lady wasnt wrong. She needs to follow the law. Or get another to do it. This is easily fixed by making accomodations for her. Imo no reason she or anyone should need to sign off on a marriage except the two being married.

The signature would need to be there, or someone's, as a representative of the governmental entity.

(09-23-2015, 04:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 2. Non discrimmination laws are a joke as well. There for when people use them as hate or to exclude. Any business should be able to deny service unless for the crazy chance they are the only business within 40 miles of the area. Which is so ridiculously few. 40 miles is good. Most work commutes are similar. But a business should be able to deny anyone for religious, safety, or previous negative behavior. As it relates to SSM, the pro SSM people seem to want to wrap the two together so that's why I mentioned.

And again, nothing to do with the legalization of SSM. I am not arguing these laws in this thread.

(09-23-2015, 04:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 3. Ok last one. Lemme say this first before I get to the question. A contract between two people can sort out all legal issues. Maybe an attorney here can weigh in on specifics. Ok now for your question about restriction. in my county there are several things you have to meet before getting a license. It's more than just blood test and ceremony signing off. Proof of divorce, has to be 6 month waiting period after a divorce, plus a class. Sorry but this is a ridiculous amount of hoops. Yes I went through them. But none of this is needed when I could have called my attorney wrote up contract and submitted. These extra steps is nothing more than the gov being to involved. And the thing is this is probably a republican who did this and that's my problem with progressives. They think by forcing us to do things it will somehow make our lives better.

If I need to explain anything further pls let me know . I am traveling today so will check as we make our way south.

So what stopped you from just doing the contract? Even with government marriages could you not have contracts drawn up doing essentially the same thing? So how is the government forcing you to do anything? I mean, you wouldn't have the government benefits of marriage, but you're for getting rid of those anyway, so you'd be fine without them, yes?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-23-2015, 07:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So what stopped you from just doing the contract? Even with government marriages could you not have contracts drawn up doing essentially the same thing? So how is the government forcing you to do anything? I mean, you wouldn't have the government benefits of marriage, but you're for getting rid of those anyway, so you'd be fine without them, yes?

Rep.

People who want the government out of their marriage can just pay lawyers hundreds of dollars to draw up complex contracts to cover everything.