Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nugent The Worthless
(12-29-2015, 03:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize if Nugent would have made his FG, the Bronco kicker would not have gotten another chance don't you?

And if AJ had not stopped running.

And if the D had held a 14 point lead.

And if burfict had not given them 15 more yds.

etc....etc....etc
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize if Nugent would have made his FG, the Bronco kicker would not have gotten another chance don't you?

Not really?

They were at our 38 with over a minute to go. Still had two timeouts. They were driving down the field on a gassed defense. Who's to say they don't score and then Nugent's kick doesn't even matter?

Hindsight is 20-20. Nugent came up big when we asked him to all season with clutch kicks. Fact.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: Sorry I dont feel like jumping off the bridge with the rest of the Nancys. My team is 11-4, won the division, and will be in the playoffs. If anyone had offered that to any one of the people crying tonight about how the season is over you would have jumped at it. I prefer to look at our possible ascension from this point, not predict our demise. I am realistic enough to realize you don't win them all. And given our situation.....going into denver, against the number 1 D, with our backup QB starting, and our starting TE and starting S out, and taking them to OT...I think they acquitted themselves respectfully. I would have preferred the win, but the loss doesn't make me cry or doubt them going forward.

You're sadly blind to the reality that this team has no nuts and will not win a playoff game for the 5th year in a row.

I can guarantee you that the excuses will flow though.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:14 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not really?

They were at our 38 with over a minute to go. Still had two timeouts. They were driving down the field on a gassed defense. Who's to say they don't score and then Nugent's kick doesn't even matter?

Hindsight is 20-20. Nugent came up big when we asked him to all season with clutch kicks. Fact.

uuuhhhmmmm, even in your made up scenario The Denver kicker doesn't get another chance if Nuge makes the FG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: Sorry I dont feel like jumping off the bridge with the rest of the Nancys. My team is 11-4, won the division, and will be in the playoffs. If anyone had offered that to any one of the people crying tonight about how the season is over you would have jumped at it. I prefer to look at our possible ascension from this point, not predict our demise. I am realistic enough to realize you don't win them all. And given our situation.....going into denver, against the number 1 D, with our backup QB starting, and our starting TE and starting S out, and taking them to OT...I think they acquitted themselves respectfully. I would have preferred the win, but the loss doesn't make me cry or doubt them going forward.

You're team??? Do you own stock? Maybe you're on the payroll?? Can you explain how they're "your" team???
Reply/Quote
What truth can we face if we lose the first game of the playoffs again (5 times in a row).

Other teams have taken backup QBs through to the superbowl, is it OK to use that as an excuse.

It seems tough to start again next year and go on another 8-0 run, what's the point? lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:23 AM)88Bengals Wrote: You're team??? Do you own stock? Maybe you're on the payroll?? Can you explain how they're "your" team???

Yes, they are my team. And you are no longer allowed to watch them or be a fan of them since you are getting the jerseys all wet with your crying.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:23 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What truth can we face if we lose the first game of the playoffs again (5 times in a row).

Other teams have taken backup QBs through to the superbowl, is it OK to use that as an excuse.

It seems tough to start again next year and go on another 8-0 run, what's the point? lol.

Three things are guaranteed in life. 

1. Taxes
2. Death
3. Excuses will always be there for a Bengals loss. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuhhhmmmm, even in your made up scenario The Denver kicker doesn't get another chance if Nuge makes the FG

Your made up scenario. And both Nugent and McManus would be at 100% for kicking. Yet the Broncos are still at the 38 with two timeouts and over a minute left.

So, really don't see how Nugent's kick automatically gives us the win.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:26 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Three things are guaranteed in life. 

1. Taxes
2. Death
3. Excuses will always be there for a Bengals loss. 

What excuse has been made about this loss?

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What excuse has been made about this loss?

McCarron.
Hue.
Marvin.
Nugent.
Green.
Run game.
Bodine.

You know. The usual.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What excuse has been made about this loss?

How much time do you have?

Gameday thread is full of them.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:29 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCarron.
Hue.
Marvin.
Nugent.
Green.
Run game.
Bodine.

You know. The usual.

What excuses were made about them?

We just got beat by a very good opponent on the road. 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How much time do you have?

Gameday thread is full of them.

not much. Gotta go to bed. I'll read this train wreck at work tomorrow and pass some time. 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:38 AM)Beaker Wrote: Kickers miss occasionally. Their kicker missed a much shorter kick, sending the game to OT. And Nugent made a 52 yarder to tie the game. Get you head on straight man.

Mike Nugent FG % ranking with Bengals (plus 50+ FG)

2015: 19th (0/1)  *Does not include tonight's game. So made a 50+, but missed another FG.*
2014: 27th (0/3)
2013: 23rd (3/4)
2012: 20th (1/2)
2011: 8th (0/0)
2010: 21st (2/4)

Kickers miss occasionaly, but Nugent has been a perennially sub-par kicker for quite a few years now. With the exception of 2011, he's been terrible. Then Nugent became a FA and they decided to re-sign him over Josh Brown.

Josh Brown FG % ranking since Bengals (plus 50+ FG)

2015: 5th (3/3)
2014: 4th (4/4)
2013: 17th (1/2)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What excuses were made about them?

We just got beat by a very good opponent on the road. 

McCarron - We've discussed this
Hue - Some viewed what he did was conservative (which I understand why you'd go conservative in a game like this under the circumstances)
Marvin - Primetime narrative and conservative narrative
Nugent - See this thread
Green - Didn't make that deep ball catch
Run game - Everyone wanted better from Hill
Bodine - Final snap

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:37 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCarron - We've discussed this
Hue - Some viewed what he did was conservative (which I understand why you'd go conservative in a game like this under the circumstances)
Marvin - Primetime narrative and conservative narrative
Nugent - See this thread
Green - Didn't make that deep ball catch
Run game - Everyone wanted better from Hill
Bodine - Final snap

Think you guys are confusing execution with excuses. 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Think you guys are confusing execution with excuses. 

This is Jungle Noise. Every play is a heated discussion.

Plus, not everything I wrote I agree with either.

Reply/Quote
Better than Shane Graham, thats for sure.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
BUMP for another year with a vagina for a placekicker.
Reply/Quote