Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nugent staying yet again
(11-29-2016, 02:54 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Is this Mike Brown not wanting to pay another kicker for the next 5 games or Marvin Lewis trying to make the point he shouldnt be considered for any type of personnel job?

Nugent will probably make a kick that costs us a top 10 draft pick.

I feel like it could very well be Mikey not wanting to pay another kicker. Or Marvin being again to loyal.  And its one of the many reasons why we"ve had so many down years under Mikey.  I can only imagine some of the other decisions he influences behind the scenes that we don't know about. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 11:53 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: No a new kicker will not save this season.  We all know that.  But perhaps sending a message that mediocrity(and Im being generous here) will not be tolerated will reach other guys.  Complacent guys that have no fear of losing their job typically dont end up being productive employees

I don't know if you really can compare professional sports with an everyday employment situation.
These guys all are driven by an ambition to win, not to find a secure job to settle and relax in. They wouldn't have made it to the NFL in the first place ir they thought that way.

And again, sure Nugent needs to go eventually, no question. We're just talking about possibly "sending a message" a few weeks earlier. It will get sent in the end anyway (I hope).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote