Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year
(08-13-2016, 03:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: That will piss me off to no end until I die. I was LIVID the day the organization let josh brown go. The guy beat the steelers in Pittsburgh and clinched us a playoff spot only weeks before Mike Brown's bengals let him go in favor of a mediocre Buckeye  Whatever   

Im a Buckeye fan, but even I wanted to keep Brown back then ( but I remove my college fan blinders tho when it comes to the Bengals). Heck even DennyG who defended all things Bengals on the old boards even questioned that move.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok, now you;;have mentioned two games he "lost". Now why don't you talk about games we won by three..... ALl someone has to do to come in and take his job is come in and out kick him...
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't be surprised. I'm still upset that we tied with the Panthers because of a missed 36 yard FG.
Reply/Quote
Lol Nuge' will NOT cost us a game this year.

Christ, Aguayo is everyone's saviour and he missed a friggin' PAT.

He has won us more games than he's lost us and Brown is seriously overrated by everyone here.

When his contract is up, he'll be gone.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 05:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, now you;;have mentioned two games he "lost". Now why don't you talk about games we won by three..... ALl someone has to do to come in and take his job is come in and out kick him...

Like that time they had the game winning FG against the Steele--- Oh wait, that was Josh Brown, who DID outkick Nugent, but still wasn't kept.

Just because a player is better doesn't mean they always get the job with the Bengals.

[Image: APTOPIX-Bengals-Steelers-Football.jpg]
(08-13-2016, 07:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol Nuge' will NOT cost us a game this year.

Christ, Aguayo is everyone's saviour and he missed a friggin' PAT.

He has won us more games than he's lost us and Brown is seriously overrated by everyone here.

When his contract is up, he'll be gone.

It's hard to overrate someone who was tied for 1st in FG % last year, was 4th the year before. Last I checked we just called that one of the best in the business.

Don't know about Aguayo, I just want someone other than Nugent.

We wouldn't be happy with the 23rd-27th best QB, we wouldn't be happy with the 23rd-27th best RB, we wouldn't be happy with the 23rd-27th best anything else, so why are you so happy with the 23rd-27th best kicker?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 09:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Like that time they had the game winning FG against the Steele--- Oh wait, that was Josh Brown, who DID outkick Nugent, but still wasn't kept.

It's hard to overrate someone who was tied for 1st in FG % last year, was 4th the year before. Last I checked we just called that one of the best in the bus

We wouldn't be happy with the 23rd-27th best QB, we wouldn't be happy with the 23rd-27th best RB, we wouldn't be happy with the 23rd-27th best anything else, so why are you so happy with the 23rd-27th best kicker?
This right here !
Reply/Quote
I'm seriously questioning Nugent's ability. I'm not going to jump off a cliff on one kick. But like others have said his % has been going south quick the past couple seasons.

I'm not sure who's out there better though ?
Reply/Quote
Simple question. How many here pick Nugent as their kicker on their fantasy team? I never have.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 02:24 PM)phil413 Wrote: I didn't even realize that he's only had one good season in Cincy, and even 87% isn't amazing.  Everything else is in around 80.  I doubt they move on from him, but I'd keep an eye on the Saints kicking situation.  Barth has had a solid career and Forbath minus last year has put up great numbers.  You'd hate to have to mess with chemistry, but if Nuge has a bad preseason you'd have to consider one of those pros over Hocker...the guy the Saints gave up on last year.

BARTH?!  D'aaaahhhhhhhh I heard that!

[Image: 820955-86t_345.jpg]
Reply/Quote
At least one.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 10:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not sure who's out there better though ?

Chad Johnson, he'd be an upgrade.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:06 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Simple question. How many here pick Nugent as their kicker on their fantasy team? I never have.

I went back and forth with Nugent and Janikowski, maybe some Robbie Gould too. I stopped using Nugent after a few weeks.

I don't trust him, but it's really hard to say that he alone has lost us any games... Sure, hes contributed to a couple L's. They blew that game vs Carolina 2-3 times before Nugent missed that chip shot. Whoever had Ware as their assignment, and McCarron had as much to do with the Denver loss as Nugent did. That bs UR call on Burfict out of bounds didn't help.

I wanna like Nugent. We are both OSU alums, and he's from the same neck of the woods that I am. I'd love to upgrade the position though. I don't know with who, but I'd love to see it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Chad Johnson, he'd be an upgrade.

I forgot about that.... 2009 was a fun season. The whole Chris Henry death, and the whoopin in the freezing cold against the Jets sucked... But I liked that team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 04:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: -Last year against the Broncos, Nugent missed a 45 yarder in a game that they ended up losing by 3. I believe a win there would have given the Bengals a 1st round bye. If he made it, it'd be OT, not a win, but still...

-The Carolina game you mentioned in 2014.

-In 2013, the Bengals lost in OT against the Ravens. Nugent missed a 42 yarder in the 2nd quarter of that game, which would have presumably made the OT a nonfactor. If they won that game, the Bengals would have had a first round bye since they would tie NE's 12-4 record, and beat NE that year.

....so yeah, good for about a loss a year for the last three years, and probably cost the Bengals a first round bye twice.  The last three years, he has ranked 23rd, 27th, and 23rd in FG %.

Seriously.  Any missed FG at any point in a three point game and the loss is Nuge's fault.

Don't you realize that using these standards pretty much every kicker in the league has lost a lot of games?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:06 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Simple question. How many here pick Nugent as their kicker on their fantasy team? I never have.

Simple question.

Which klicker who is on anyone's fantasy team is available rigth now.
Reply/Quote
Fred.....

Nuge sucks ass. No fan can sleep easy if a game goes down the wire.
Reply/Quote
I hate on Nuge as much as the next guy... but anyone remember that playoff kick?

57 yards @ Indianapolis. That must have earned him at least 20 more years here Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 04:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: -Last year against the Broncos, Nugent missed a 45 yarder in a game that they ended up losing by 3. I believe a win there would have given the Bengals a 1st round bye. If he made it, it'd be OT, not a win, but still...

-The Carolina game you mentioned in 2014.

-In 2013, the Bengals lost in OT against the Ravens. Nugent missed a 42 yarder in the 2nd quarter of that game, which would have presumably made the OT a nonfactor. If they won that game, the Bengals would have had a first round bye since they would tie NE's 12-4 record, and beat NE that year.

....so yeah, good for about a loss a year for the last three years, and probably cost the Bengals a first round bye twice.  The last three years, he has ranked 23rd, 27th, and 23rd in FG %.

(08-13-2016, 04:47 PM)jason Wrote: Denver last year.....

1. Let's not forget that their kicker missed a pretty easy field goal to end the game as well. We were lucky enough that it went to OT because he also missed a kick at the end of the game. Plus, they had the ball at our 38 yard line with over a minute to go and two timeouts. They could have gone for the TD and this may not even be a conversation because they'd win 24-20. That's a pretty up in the air game in all honesty. Tons of factors how the end played out.

2. Yep.

3. You mean the game where they lucked out with a hail mary tip to even get it into OT?

Also in 2015:
1. Seattle kicks. Also the kicks against the Steelers outside of his blocked kick, he was clutch that game. Not many people talk about that game because it was a defensive struggle. But Nugent hit every kick besides his blocked one.

In 2013 he also had two clutch kicks to win games. Against the Bills and against the Lions.

I'm not saying Nugent is amazing. But he's also not terrible. Just average who's won us some games. While he also missed some kicks for us. How every kicker is.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: BARTH?!  D'aaaahhhhhhhh I heard that!

[Image: 820955-86t_345.jpg]

Hilarious I just looked up to see if I was about to be slimed too lol
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 01:14 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Fred.....

Nuge sucks ass. No fan can sleep easy if a game goes down the wire.

Bigz.......

Nuge does not suck ass.  He is a middle of the road average kicker.  Last year he was above the league average from 50+  (.667) and also from 40-50 (.769).

There were 153 missed FGs in the NFL.  Nuge only had 5 of them.

I'd like to get a consistent top 10 kicker, but I am not going to panic over Nuge because I know that he is not that only kicker in the league that ever misses a FG.
Reply/Quote