Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year
(08-15-2016, 07:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I remember Sharp's last year here, someone (unbiased) went to TC and stated that you could clearly see who was the NFL kicker and who was the camp body, as Nuge' was making 50(+) in practice no sweat, while Sharp was missing 47/48 yarders consistently.

For the longest time afterwards, when his name was brought up, I wish I had screenshotted that post.

Anyways, just try this on for size; Since 2012, Nuge' has never missed a pre-season FG, Friday was his first. (yes, who cares about PS, just thought it was interesting).

As for Mr. Sharp, in his 2+ years with us, he made a grand total of 1 FG in preseason; a 28 yarder.

So, in terms of, "making everything," I think its revisionist.

Look, none of us supporters are saying he's a top kicker or the greatest ever, but he's perfectly fine, he WON'T cost us a game this year and when his contract is up, he'll be gone.

Then we can take a big boot from college.
Can big boot Mangus Hunt kick? Or, am I thinking of Sasquatch?
Reply/Quote
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfls-most-accurate-kicker-from-2015-suspended-for-2016-opener/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17330155/new-york-giants-kicker-josh-brown-suspended-one-game-violating-nfl-personal-conduct-policy

DOH! hahahaha
Reply/Quote
Nugent blows.
No further witnesses. I rest my case.
Reply/Quote
Nuge just missed one right now. We need to go after a top tier kicker with out first round pick next year. No such thing as over drafting.
Reply/Quote
You guys seeing this spectacular display of kicking nugent is giving us tonight.

What a joke. Can't wait to hear marvin say

"Mike's alright, he'll be ok" *giggles*
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 02:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17330155/new-york-giants-kicker-josh-brown-suspended-one-game-violating-nfl-personal-conduct-policy

DOH! hahahaha

So this makes it so we can't cut nugent?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 10:41 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: So this makes it so we can't cut nugent?

Nah, I thought that article was funny because we all love to say we shoulda kept Josh Brown. Thought it was relevant and interesting.

As for cutting Nugent, I wish we woulda drafted a kicker... and a await the day Nugent is replaced.
Reply/Quote
50 yarder.... 5 more years of Nugent ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Stick a fork in him 'cause he's done.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Stick a fork in him 'cause he's done.

WTF
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF

He's caught an acute case of bradstlouisitis. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF

Nugent has just been horrible this preeason. Missed 2 and an pat  last night. He's just not getting it done. 
Reply/Quote
I don't think he's going anywhere but he's certainly not helping his case.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 07:04 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Nugent has just been horrible this preeason. Missed 2 and an pat  last night. He's just not getting it done. 

PAT's are unacceptable. They REALLY are. 

He needs to go. No way we can any confidence in this cat. 
Reply/Quote
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lions-at-Bengals-Postgame-Quotes/48657fd6-b0de-4e1b-bafd-48e42af04026

Quote:BENGALS HEAD COACH MARVIN LEWIS.....

On if he’s concerned with K Mike Nugent’s play: “No, I’m not.”

I'm as big of a Marvin fan as anyone, but how the hell can you not be concerned about a kicker that has missed 2 FGs and a PAT in 2 games?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I want to still defend Nuge, local ties and Buckeye homerism and all, but geez.... I kinda can't right now I'm on the edge of my seat anytime there's a kick attempt for any Bengal kicker as long as I can remember, but I think going into week 1, I'll be in 'eyes closed' mode when he's out there kicking. Just hoping to hear announcer say "the kick is up, and through"
Reply/Quote
Marvin is settling for Nugent
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 11:48 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: I want to still defend Nuge, local ties and Buckeye homerism and all, but geez....  I kinda can't right now    I'm on the edge of my seat anytime there's a kick attempt for any Bengal kicker as long as I can remember, but I think going into week 1, I'll be in 'eyes closed' mode when he's out there kicking.  Just hoping to hear announcer say "the kick is up, and through"

Seriously though, were you not that way last year?  And even somewhat the year before?  I know I hold my breath every time he walks on the field.
Reply/Quote
Nugent is the 2nd most accurate kicker in Bengals history just behind Shayne Graham. I'm not going to post again those stats in this same thread...I am going to say that some of you are far too concerned about preseason football. ...As long as he gets the off season rust off and returns to his normal, accurate self in time for The Jets game is all I care about......A lot of Bengal starters looked pretty rusty and sloppy in preseason game 2. I'm not one bit surprised. I have seen the Bengals much worse in Preseason Game 2 before. The cut back in training camps and practices from what the NFL use to have also adds to it. ....Just as long as they are ready to go to New York in 3 weeks, that is all I care about. It would be nice to come out of New York with a win. We have a rough schedule considering we lose a home game this year. 8 on road, 7 at home, 1 in London England which to me is a neutral site, not a home game. All I care about is getting out of New York with any kind of win at all. The Bengals have not played well in New York for most of their franchise history. It would be a nice win. If I was worried about Preseason Game 2, I would have to worry about the play of the majority of the team, but I know this is why they have practices and preseason games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote