Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Numbness in left foot
Don't know what is causing it.

Just received a cleaned bill of health from my doctor recently.

Have not been diagnosed as a diabetic, but have had several issues with my back.

Anybody else on here have a similar issue? What might be the cause?
Reply/Quote
Would have to have more info like is there any redness, swelling, warm to touch, feel colder than normal? Most likely cause would be pinched nerve but without knowing more I couldn't really guess.
Reply/Quote
Usually caused by blood flow issues or artery abnormalities. Could be as simple as nerve issues.

I don't want to scare you, but I knew a co-worker who could not feel her foot and thought it was caused by a botched operation.

It ended up being a brain tumor that was later found and she passed less than half a year later because she refused Chemotherapy.

Don't be a hypochondriac but keep in mind that a family doctor may dismiss it as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 09:56 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Don't know what is causing it.

Have not been diagnosed as a diabetic, but have had several issues with my back.

I had something similar, but both feet.
It ended up being a potassium deficiency.
My blood pressure meds reduced it and I have to take supplements.
Reply/Quote
I get numbness running down the back of my right arm. It is loss of feelings in the nerves from a herniated disc in my fifth vertebrae, as I understand. Perhaps you have something similar from your back injuries.

I've opted not to have surgery on the herniated disc because it is only annoying and not debilitating and there are some risks with the surgery (plus, I just don't like the idea of being cut). I've found that if I supplement Vitamin B complex daily, it goes away. Something about that vitamin that rebuilds the lining of the nerves.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I slipped and fell once. I was fine when I got up. However, next day had no ability to move right foot up and down. Could move side to side but that was it. Ended up being my back. Went to chiropractor several weeks later and gave me a few stretching exersises. On 3rd or 4th day felt a pop in lower back and next day had all mobility back in foot. Your back may be the cause here. Maybe pinched nerve.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

sitting on it funny causing it to sleep?
Reply/Quote
Sciatica maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciatica

I have it. Makes one of my legs hurt like crazy. According to the linked article, foot numbness can be a symptom.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

That was pretty nice of them.

As far as the OP, probably an allergy to ice cream.

Mellow
Reply/Quote

It's your back, no doubt.  You probably have a herniated disc in your L4/L5 region protruding into your sciatic nerve.  (SPineal nerve) that nerve runs all the way took your feet. 

I feel like I have planter fascia, feet feel like they fall asleep, etc and also get shooting pain to testicular area.  I got an mri that revealed two herniated discs I have been living with for 2 years.  Further investigation showed my L5 has been reduced by 80% and my L4 is also degenerated.  I've had two epidural back shots that have only causes more pain, and two sessions of physical therapy. I have a second opinion with a Nuero surgeon. 

Oh yea I'm not even 30 and j am in good shape (not great... Anymore). Used to run marathons and work out like crazy.  

Bottom line, I would get it looked at but be prepared to spend a lot of money.  I'm already out of pocket for the year over $2500 and my mri was billed last year so my bill doesn't include that.  "Luckily" my deductible is only $3000 so expenses are almost over. But probably looking at some sort of surgery towards end of summer. 

Short story- it's your back.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 04:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote:  not even 30  j am in good shape 
 I'll be the judge. Pictures?
Reply/Quote
So, we're five days in. Any change in your condition?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2016, 12:03 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, we're five days in.  Any change in your condition?

Agreed.....
Update, or we come looking for you.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
I was 24 playing basketball. Landed all my weight on my heals. Felt a shock and dropped. Over the next 6 months numbess started at tip of toes. Worked its way up to thigh. I went and found out I had ruptured disk at T-10 and 11 pushing on spine. Had surgery to fix it. Still 22 years later, I still have some numbess in my thigh.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 05:37 PM)Bengalfan69 Wrote: I was 24 playing basketball. Landed all my weight on my heals. Felt a shock and dropped. Over the next 6 months numbess started at tip of toes. Worked its way up to thigh. I went and found out I had ruptured disk at T-10 and 11 pushing on spine. Had surgery to fix it. Still 22 years later, I still have some numbess in my thigh.

Numbness in your thigh? Careful, 'cause...

(02-22-2016, 09:56 PM)Rainbow stiller Wrote: I'll be the judge.

LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote