Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Big Super Bowl Takeaway that hopefully the Bengals Get
That the Falcons, realizing they had a good team in place and we're ready to make a playoff push, were able to identify needs and fill them (notably Mack and Sanu, but they signed a few others too). I'm not suggesting the bengals go out and the top 2-3 free agents, we know that won't happen. But there are good players in the next tier that could help and be more than the end of the line guys that come here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Falcons and Bengals are comparable organizations. Some good regular seasons prior to this year and no success.

While the Falcons lost this game...

They played A LOT of young, fast guys on defense. You need speed on defense. Start playing the young guys Bengals! The Falcons had soo much teams speed and a bunch of new starters out there from last year.

You need fast LB's in the NFL to win. Get rid of Maualuga and Dansby. Play Vigil and a draft pick.

Definately need more speed at Linebacker here for sure.

Another thing to take away from this is time of possession. It killed the Falcons Defense and was the main reason
they lost the game, they were tired as hell by the end. Not always great to be a quick scoring Offense if you don't
tire the other teams Defense some and keep a great like Tom Brady off the field.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 10:52 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m from New England it’s so depressing being a Bengals fan in a town that has such a great football organization that is the complete opposite of the Bengals.  The player’s are disciplined and theirs open competition at every position every season regardless of draft position. Player’s who underperform are benched, cut or traded.  I wonder how long it would take Belichick to cut Maualuga or bench Bodine ?  They coach up less talented players then the Bengals at all positions.   Their starting offensive line has an undrafted 2nd year center, rookie 4th round pick at left guard, a 2nd year 4th round pick at right guard and a 5th round right tackle, Marcus Cannon who played lights out this year and should be considered for the most improved player of the year.  The Bengals have two 1st round picks on their line in Ced and Zeitler , two 2nd round picks in Fisher and Whit, a center who’s been starting for 3 years and a left guard who has stared since 2011 and they stink.  The Bengals have two 2nd rounds picks at running back who are outperformed by no-named running backs of the Patriots.  Gio and Burkhead would be studs in New England running routes out of the back filed, exploiting mismatches. No wide out on their team is close to A.J. Green in terms of talent. They don’t have a single guy on their d-line that is even close to as talented as Geno or Dunlap. They have one talented linebacker in Hightower and Vontaze is better then him.  We have 3 first round picks at corner not including pacman and the patriots secondary is better with undrafted guys like Butler. The coaching staff does a great job and makes great adjustments.  

Best reply hands down. So sad but so freakin true. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 10:52 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m from New England it’s so depressing being a Bengals fan in a town that has such a great football organization that is the complete opposite of the Bengals.  The player’s are disciplined and theirs open competition at every position every season regardless of draft position. Player’s who underperform are benched, cut or traded.  I wonder how long it would take Belichick to cut Maualuga or bench Bodine ?  They coach up less talented players then the Bengals at all positions.   Their starting offensive line has an undrafted 2nd year center, rookie 4th round pick at left guard, a 2nd year 4th round pick at right guard and a 5th round right tackle, Marcus Cannon who played lights out this year and should be considered for the most improved player of the year.  The Bengals have two 1st round picks on their line in Ced and Zeitler , two 2nd round picks in Fisher and Whit, a center who’s been starting for 3 years and a left guard who has stared since 2011 and they stink.  The Bengals have two 2nd rounds picks at running back who are outperformed by no-named running backs of the Patriots.  Gio and Burkhead would be studs in New England running routes out of the back filed, exploiting mismatches. No wide out on their team is close to A.J. Green in terms of talent. They don’t have a single guy on their d-line that is even close to as talented as Geno or Dunlap. They have one talented linebacker in Hightower and Vontaze is better then him.  We have 3 first round picks at corner not including pacman and the patriots secondary is better with undrafted guys like Butler. The coaching staff does a great job and makes great adjustments.  

Must be frustrating for you especially.

You just nailed the differences between the organizations and why we won't ever win the big game with this owner
and these coaches. Namely MB, Marv, PA, Zamp, Haslett, Hayes etc. The Blackburns should of told MB to just stand
back while they hired a good GM to get rid of these coaches and replace them with decent ones.

This is where it all starts and ends is with the coaching.

We have had a lot of talent for a long time, arguably much more than the Patriots and have done diddly squat where
it truly matters. I know they have Brady but i truly believe that Brady would not be as good in a different organization.

Shit, if we drafted Brady he probably never would of started here.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must be frustrating for you especially.

You just nailed the differences between the organizations and why we won't ever win the big game with this owner
and these coaches. Namely MB, Marv, PA, Zamp, Haslett, Hayes etc. The Blackburns should of told MB to just stand
back while they hired a good GM to get rid of these coaches and replace them with decent ones.

We have had a lot of talent for a long time, arguably much more than the Patriots and have done diddly squat where
it truly matters. I know they have Brady but i truly believe that Brady would not be as good in a different organization.

In fairness he didn't start there until Bledsoe was hurt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously, who's going to beat them? Denver has no QB, Steelers can't keep their stars healthy, we always choke in the playoffs  (if we even make it). Miami? KC? I just don't see it.

The Steelers didn't lose to NE because they couldn't keep their stars healthy. They lost to NE because the Pats own them. For all the hype, that Steelers offense rarely produces against big time opponents.

There is no team in the AFC capable of stopping the Pats, healthy or not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 09:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: In fairness he didn't start there until Bledsoe was hurt.

True, just saying that is how much faith i have in our coaches evaluating talent.
Reply/Quote
They'll never get it because they think their way is the right way, despite all the evidence to the contrary.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must be frustrating for you especially.

Let's pretend for a second we traded Palmer to NE for Brady in 2010. I'd be willing to bet our results from then to now would be very nearly the same. If all other things remained as they are/were.

As you, me and very many on here have been screaming for quite a long time now the players aren't the problem !

It's the culture, which isn't a winning one. It's the lack of accountability - see Paul Alexander, Marvin Lewis 15 seasons in, etc. etc. It's the total lack of on the field discipline, anytime we face the least resistance we fold up and f-up. 

It's our HC looking to kill the clock 3 minutes before halftime starting at our own 38. It's our HC who thinks halftime adjustments are a fantasy. It's our coaching staff keeping Ogbuehi playing even though he was getting Dalton killed. One could go on and on.

But until there's a major change starting at the top on the culture, discipline, and focus here.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 10:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's pretend for a second we traded Palmer to NE for Brady in 2010. I'd be willing to bet our results from then to now would be very nearly the same. If all other things remained as they are/were.

As you, me and very many on here have been screaming for quite a long time now the players aren't the problem !

It's the culture, which isn't a winning one. It's the lack of accountability - see Paul Alexander, Marvin Lewis 15 seasons in, etc. etc. It's the total lack of on the field discipline, anytime we face the least resistance we fold up and f-up. 

It's our HC looking to kill the clock 3 minutes before halftime starting at our own 38. It's our HC who thinks halftime adjustments are a fantasy. It's our coaching staff keeping Ogbuehi playing even though he was getting Dalton killed. One could go on and on.

But until there's a major change starting at the top on the culture, discipline, and focus here.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE

Could not of said it any better, great post. Mega reps man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You do realize that both Bill and Marvin agree that the concept of "halftime adjustments" is a joke, right?

Bill who? Bill Clinton?

Patriots changed their defensive alignment and rush at half time. Their DEs pushed into the backfield on the outside, thus cutting of Freeman's cut back lanes. That shut down Atlanta's running game. Atlanta had no answer for this. On offense they stopped throwing down field and dinked their way to a championship.

If Marv were there in NE (well they wouldn't have been in the SB, but let's pretend that Belichick retired and NE hired Marv to coach that one game). If Marv were there they'd have run on 1st and 2nd down, then on 3rd and long they'd mess up. End of drive and they'd do this for each and every possession in the 4th Q. Final outcome, 3-37.

Reply/Quote
Bengals are not in the least comparable to the Falcons. Their FO wants to win a SB. Their players want a SB ring. I don't get it? I need to find a pot dealer so I can get on board.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 04:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Awaiting Fred's response on how Marvin and Bill are similar in any way other than title. *popcorn*

They both have Super Bowl rings.

And neither one of them gives a shit what the fans think about anything.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 10:52 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m from New England it’s so depressing being a Bengals fan in a town that has such a great football organization that is the complete opposite of the Bengals.  The player’s are disciplined and theirs open competition at every position every season regardless of draft position. Player’s who underperform are benched, cut or traded.  I wonder how long it would take Belichick to cut Maualuga or bench Bodine ?  They coach up less talented players then the Bengals at all positions.   Their starting offensive line has an undrafted 2nd year center, rookie 4th round pick at left guard, a 2nd year 4th round pick at right guard and a 5th round right tackle, Marcus Cannon who played lights out this year and should be considered for the most improved player of the year.  The Bengals have two 1st round picks on their line in Ced and Zeitler , two 2nd round picks in Fisher and Whit, a center who’s been starting for 3 years and a left guard who has stared since 2011 and they stink.  The Bengals have two 2nd rounds picks at running back who are outperformed by no-named running backs of the Patriots.  Gio and Burkhead would be studs in New England running routes out of the back filed, exploiting mismatches. No wide out on their team is close to A.J. Green in terms of talent. They don’t have a single guy on their d-line that is even close to as talented as Geno or Dunlap. They have one talented linebacker in Hightower and Vontaze is better then him.  We have 3 first round picks at corner not including pacman and the patriots secondary is better with undrafted guys like Butler. The coaching staff does a great job and makes great adjustments.  

Seeing it written out like this is crazy

NE took a bunch of guys with no chance and won a bowl

Our whole team is homegrown draft picks and we haven't won shit
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 11:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Seeing it written out like this is crazy

NE took a bunch of guys with no chance and won a bowl

Our whole team is homegrown draft picks and we haven't won shit

We had 4 CB's drafted in the 1st Round in our secondary this past season. Ponder that.
Reply/Quote