Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
O Line Injuries Concern Me In Regards To Burrow
RT Reiff to my knowledge is back from injury, but Center and Right Guard starters are injured. This means from Center to Right Tackle the O Line is in question. This is not good with Burrow rushed back faster than normal after this type of knee surgery. The question is, if his knee is still very gimpy, it may not take much to cause re-injury.

I want to see a Bengals win, but more than that I want to see Burrow avoid a career ending injury this season as he plays way before people come back from this surgery.

Questions to Mixon do not help either. If little or no Mixon, and the Right Side of the O Line is a band aid patch work deal. I do fear for Burrows safety, a young QB that needs to be here many years after just this season.

So for me, my focus will be on the Bengals banged up O Line now using 2nd stringers. I want to see Burrow walk off the field healthy after Packers game, something they failed at in his first year as lack of blocking got Burrow killed every week until he could not walk off the field healthy. SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, they need to Block for Burrow Sunday. If they can't block with a patch work O Line, I would have no problem putting in the back-up QB to take the pounding, and save Burrow for better days ahead.

I'm hoping the BLOCKING is there, and like The Longest Yard Movie, They Protect THE SUPERSTAR and his operated on knee rushed back into action way faster than normal.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Jackson Caramel IS the new starter....
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 05:40 PM)kevin Wrote: RT Reiff to my knowledge is back from injury, but Center and Right Guard starters are injured. This means from Center to Right Tackle the O Line is in question. This is not good with Burrow rushed back faster than normal after this type of knee surgery. The question is, if his knee is still very gimpy, it may not take much to cause re-injury.

I want to see a Bengals win, but more than that I want to see Burrow avoid a career ending injury this season as he plays way before people come back from this surgery.

Questions to Mixon do not help either. If little or no Mixon, and the Right Side of the O Line is a band aid patch work deal. I do fear for Burrows safety, a young QB that needs to be here many years after just this season.

So for me, my focus will be on the Bengals banged up O Line now using 2nd stringers. I want to see Burrow walk off the field healthy after Packers game, something they failed at in his first year as lack of blocking got Burrow killed every week until he could not walk off the field healthy. SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, they need to Block for Burrow Sunday. If they can't block with a patch work O Line, I would have no problem putting in the back-up QB to take the pounding, and save Burrow for better days ahead.

I'm hoping the BLOCKING is there, and like The Longest Yard Movie, They Protect THE SUPERSTAR and his operated on knee rushed back into action way faster than normal.

Burrow shares the blame with the offensive line is regard to pressures and sacks. Getting rid of the ball quicker, diagnosing blitzes better and just flat out throwing it away when it isn’t there are all improvements that can be made. The offensive line does need to do their part, but Burrow needs to do his.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 05:40 PM)kevin Wrote: RT Reiff to my knowledge is back from injury, but Center and Right Guard starters are injured.  This means from Center to Right Tackle the O Line is in question.  This is not good with Burrow rushed back faster than normal after this type of knee surgery.  The question is, if his knee is still very gimpy, it may not take much to cause re-injury.

Questions to Mixon do not help either.  If little or no Mixon, and the Right Side of the O Line is a band aid patch work deal. I do fear for Burrows safety, a young QB that needs to be here many years after just this season.

So for me, my focus will be on the Bengals banged up O Line now using 2nd stringers. I want to see Burrow walk off the field healthy after Packers game, something they failed at in his first year as lack of blocking got Burrow killed every week until he could not walk off the field healthy. SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, they need to Block for Burrow Sunday.  If they can't block with a patch work O Line, I would have no problem putting in the back-up QB to take the pounding, and save Burrow for better days ahead.  

I'm hoping the BLOCKING is there, and like The Longest Yard Movie,  They Protect THE SUPERSTAR and his operated on knee rushed back into action way faster than normal.
You really love blocking, huh?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 05:40 PM)kevin Wrote: RT Reiff to my knowledge is back from injury, but Center and Right Guard starters are injured.  This means from Center to Right Tackle the O Line is in question.  This is not good with Burrow rushed back faster than normal after this type of knee surgery.  The question is, if his knee is still very gimpy, it may not take much to cause re-injury.

Questions to Mixon do not help either.  If little or no Mixon, and the Right Side of the O Line is a band aid patch work deal. I do fear for Burrows safety, a young QB that needs to be here many years after just this season.

So for me, my focus will be on the Bengals banged up O Line now using 2nd stringers. I want to see Burrow walk off the field healthy after Packers game, something they failed at in his first year as lack of blocking got Burrow killed every week until he could not walk off the field healthy. SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, they need to Block for Burrow Sunday.  If they can't block with a patch work O Line, I would have no problem putting in the back-up QB to take the pounding, and save Burrow for better days ahead.  

I'm hoping the BLOCKING is there, and like The Longest Yard Movie,  They Protect THE SUPERSTAR and his operated on knee rushed back into action way faster than normal.

You may be overthinking. Burrow isn’t gimpy and his leg is much improved. I’m not making light of your opinion because most of us are still shell shocked over last year’s protection and the injury itself. Yet, this is a better line and even a few players are injured, the coaching alone for the OL is 1000 times better and reliable. Again, I understand your fear.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Carman is healthy as far as I know. He’s been better than XSF too if you’re talking about him (he’s been out for weeks anyway). Hopkins hasn’t been good this year either. This week isn’t any more concerning than the others. O line has been good so far this year. No reason to get overly dramatic because XSF got put on IR after already missing a few games and our C who was the weak link to date on the line getting a little more dinged up.
Reply/Quote

um...

uhhh...

what?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yeah I was wondering if you knew Carman had been starting. I know they were holding Hopkins out of some practices this week but I believe he got a practice in Friday. I was worried about Hopkins this season especially after we traded Price because we didn't see him in the preseason and he has struggled but hopefully he keeps improving.

On a side note I rewatched the Jags game trying to keep an eye on Carman and he definitely had some not so stellar run blocking in the 1st half he seemed to improve in the 2nd half. He also had some really good pass blocking plays in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 07:45 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I was wondering if you knew Carman had been starting. I know they were holding Hopkins out of some practices this week but I believe he got a practice in Friday. I was worried about Hopkins this season especially after we traded Price because we didn't see him in the preseason and he has struggled but hopefully he keeps improving.

On a side note I rewatched the Jags game trying to keep an eye on Carman and he definitely had some not so stellar run blocking in the 1st half he seemed to improve in the 2nd half. He also had some really good pass blocking plays in the 2nd half.

This original post reads like it was wrote by someone who didn't realize we were 4 games into the season or watched any games. Burrow hasn't been gimpy at all the past 2 games and looked the best he ever has just last game. Reiff has been perfectly fine. And Carman has come in and shown he's competent enough and will likely only continue to get better. 

The only reason Carman didn't start the season is because he's a rookie but everyone knew he was eventually going to take over the RG spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 09:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: This original post reads like it was wrote by someone who didn't realize we were 4 games into the season or watched any games. Burrow hasn't been gimpy at all the past 2 games and looked the best he ever has just last game. Reiff has been perfectly fine. And Carman has come in and shown he's competent enough and will likely only continue to get better. 

The only reason Carman didn't start the season is because he's a rookie but everyone knew he was eventually going to take over the RG spot.

The negative nancys and debbie downers are reaching to find anything to not be happy about right now...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 02:09 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What a dogshit thread holy shit... Calling the o-line "patchwork" over and over doesn't make it true we have all our original starters minus the RG who was replaced by a 2nd round pick who was drafted specifically to take over that job. This OL has given up 1 sack in the last 2 games. I want to keep Joe healthy like everyone else but lets not be dramatic just for the sake of drama...

Kevin when he hasn’t made a thread about the “BLOCKING” in a while…

[Image: 7d90b52132f0deae31e9c6bf43f6757c.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Is the OP trolling?

Aside from all the other nonsense he spouts i don’t even think Reiff has been on the injury report this week.
Reply/Quote

WTF Did Burrow get sent up the river?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I haven’t heard anything about the o line missing starters this week, so there’s no need to worry. Burrow isn’t limping so no worries.

Why was this a thread?
Reply/Quote
There had better be BLOCKING today. If not, get Burrow out of the game.

If there is no Blocking and Mixon injured. Coach Taylor dare not have Burrow pass 50 to 60 times today as Taylor did last season. It got Burrow seriously injured. Burrow has already ended a game limping around and they have only played 4 games.

Burrows knee is not 100 % and will not be fully healed in 2021. Burrow rushed back early. Now this is not just anybody on the team, this is he Face of The Franchise, the Top Pick Quarterback who is suppose to be the starter here 10 years or more as a Unitas, Montana, Elway, Peyton Manning, not just play a few games like Greg Cook.

I hope the Blocking is there today and Bengals win. Still with injuries to the O Line and Mixon, and Burrow with that big knee brace over an operation he is not fully recovered from, if there is no Blocking today, If Burrow starts taking a beating, I would like to see Taylor and Bengals have enough sense to get him out of the game before No Blocking or Running gets him career injured.

Again, I hope the Blocking is there and Bengals win today. The injuries to the O Line, Mixon and Burrow though worry me, and I do not want to see Burrow carted off the field like last year. If the Blocking just isn't there with the 2nd stringers in the O Line, don't leave Burrow in to get career injured.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:30 AM)kevin Wrote: There had better be BLOCKING today.  If not, get Burrow out of the game.

If there is no Blocking and Mixon injured. Coach Taylor dare not have Burrow pass 50 to 60 times today as Taylor did last season.  It got Burrow seriously injured.  Burrow has already ended a game limping around and they have only played 4 games.  

Burrows knee is not 100 % and will not be fully healed in 2021.  Burrow rushed back early.  Now this is not just anybody on the team, this is he Face of The Franchise, the Top Pick Quarterback who is suppose to be the starter here 10 years or more as a Unitas, Montana, Elway, Peyton Manning, not just play a few games like Greg Cook.

I hope the Blocking is there today and Bengals win. Still with injuries to the O Line and Mixon, and Burrow with that big knee brace over an operation he is not fully recovered from, if there is no Blocking today, If Burrow starts taking a beating, I would like to see Taylor and Bengals have enough sense to get him out of the game before No Blocking or Running gets him career injured.  

Again, I hope the Blocking is there and Bengals win today.   The injuries to the O Line, Mixon and Burrow though worry me, and I do not want to see Burrow carted off the field like last year.  If the Blocking just isn't there with the 2nd stringers in the O Line, don't leave Burrow in to get career injured.

What 2nd stringers? Carman looks to me to be doing better in pass pro then XSF was doing. The line has played really well the last 2 games but Pittsburgh had injuries on the D line and Jacksonville hasn't been getting many sacks I heard during the game. Not sure about the Packers so today could be more of a test but the Oline certainly looks to be headed in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
Put the pipe down Kevin. Geezus.
Reply/Quote
Think it might be a terrible attempt at satire
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:30 AM)kevin Wrote: There had better be BLOCKING today.  If not, get Burrow out of the game.

If there is no Blocking and Mixon injured. Coach Taylor dare not have Burrow pass 50 to 60 times today as Taylor did last season.  It got Burrow seriously injured.  Burrow has already ended a game limping around and they have only played 4 games.  

Burrows knee is not 100 % and will not be fully healed in 2021.  Burrow rushed back early.  Now this is not just anybody on the team, this is he Face of The Franchise, the Top Pick Quarterback who is suppose to be the starter here 10 years or more as a Unitas, Montana, Elway, Peyton Manning, not just play a few games like Greg Cook.

Again, I hope the Blocking is there and Bengals win today.   The injuries to the O Line, Mixon and Burrow though worry me, and I do not want to see Burrow carted off the field like last year.  If the Blocking just isn't there with the 2nd stringers in the O Line, don't leave Burrow in to get career injured.

kevin, do you have any type of source you could show us regarding all the injuries to the OL?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Tell me you don’t watch the Bengals, without telling me you don’t watch the Bengals.

1 sack in the last 2 games. Packers D-line is no better than Bears or Chicago’s so we should be fine.
Reply/Quote