Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited!
(09-11-2023, 05:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really? Our OL that played zero game speed snaps together since last season had problems with being out of sync and communications against a top DL and we're suddenly back to this? Blame the REAL culprits - Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow.

Zac knew full well about the rain and that Joe was favoring his calf among other things. The field conditions were made for power running. Mixon can do it. We have a line of maulers. So what do we do? Go out in spread almost every play and put everyone on an island against that DL. It was literally a dream setup for a DL. Instead they should have been out there in Jumbo running power. Grind it out until the line has some comfort. And how about passes to the middle of the field? Or bubbles and other routes designed to help receivers shed coverage?

And yes Joe too. His accuracy was missing completely. His pocket awareness was spotty and even when he had the opportunities failed to cash them. He played horribly. And even with everything he had opportunities.

Burrow was totally healthy enough to play and if he is playing we are going to throw the ball more than run ...and weather was a factor for running also.. Browns seemed to do much better than us overcoming the conditions.. and as a whole this line has yet to open up holes like we saw the Browns do so i question the idea we have a line of "maulers.  Outside of the 1st series possession, we ran the ball one to two times most every  down series in the 1st halve, we just could not sustain drives early. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey all.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I was really excited about our line this year. I thought we were going to be improved. But, I was greatly disappointed last week. Especially with our new tackle from kc, Orlando. I had been reading comments on social media, they seemed to be happy to be rid of him. I kind of noticed the same thing on Sunday. Seemed he always needed chip help from the RB. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. At least were not paying him what he was asking for.
Reply/Quote
Saw a meme on X that said Burrow had 1.95 to throw before he was pressured.

It was BY FAR the least amount of time. I think this line has been so bad i forgot what good protection looks like.

Our offensive line coach is taking guys that were good on other teams and making them shit.
He’s got to go
-Housh
Reply/Quote