Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O-line ranked 15th
The o-line continues to get better as the season progresses. Online stats.com rated them 15th overall in their most recent rankings.

https://www.olinestats.com/articles/week-13-offensive-line-rankings

As predicted, it would take time for this group to come together. Things are looking bright for the future (especially 2022).
Reply/Quote
Anyone have stats what ranking the last 10 super bowl winners had in offense & defense?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 07:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Anyone have stats what ranking the last 10 super bowl winners had in offense & defense?

There are many metrics to use here but I will use Yards Per Play for both.

Bucs - 7th on Offense, 6th on defense

Chiefs - 2nd on Offense, 16th on defense

Patriots - 8th on offense, 22nd on defense

Eagles - 9th on offense, 9th on defense

Patriots - 5th on offense, 10th on defense

Broncos - 18th on offense, 1st on defense

Patriots - 12th on offense, 12th on defense

Seahawks - 9th on offense, 1st on defense

Ravens - 16th on offense, 12th on defense

Giants - 11th on offense, 25th on defense
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 07:20 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: The o-line continues to get better as the season progresses.  Online stats.com rated them 15th overall in their most recent rankings.

https://www.olinestats.com/articles/week-13-offensive-line-rankings

As predicted, it would take time for this group to come together.  Things are looking bright for the future (especially 2022).

What a great site, I've never heard of it before. Thanks for posting sir. 
Reply/Quote
Extend Spain

Extend Reiff

And maybe most importantly of all - extend Pollack
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Extend Spain

Extend Reiff

And maybe most importantly of all - extend Pollack

Those should all be reasonable. The big question is: Jonah's available to be offered a big contract this off season. Now we can kick it down the road until after his 4th year and pick up the 5th year option, but that may not sit well. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Those should all be reasonable. The big question is: Jonah's available to be offered a big contract this off season. Now we can kick it down the road until after his 4th year and pick up the 5th year option, but that may not sit well. 

It’s all based on demands. This being his first healthy year I am looking at a longer term team friendly deal. If he is okay with that then I say extend him. As for Spain and Reiff, Spain is a no brained but Reiff I would keep it a one year deal and he may rather test FA first.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 08:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s all based on demands. This being his first healthy year I am looking at a longer term team friendly deal. If he is okay with that then I say extend him. As for Spain and Reiff, Spain is a no brained but Reiff I would keep it a one year deal and he may rather test FA first.

Agreed, and I would add that Adeniji has played very well, since coming back from injury.  We also don't know what the future has in store for Carman, when healthy he looked like he was developing well.  Perhaps the team views him as a potential RT, since Adeniji seems to be finding a home at RG?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That site has the Bengals offensive line 9th best in pressure rate allowed. Pretty cool site.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:06 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: That site has the Bengals offensive line 9th best in pressure rate allowed. Pretty cool site.

The fact that the OL is inside the top 10 in pressures allowed does not make it a "cool site", as they are simply reporting the numbers as they stand.  What is pretty cool is how the team recognized the weakness, and brought back a capable OL coach to get them on an improvement plan.

And yes, it felt so damn good to watch Joe Mixon running that ball, seemingly at will, versus the much hated rival Steelers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4269-EAD2-DE2-D-4614-9-ADD-5-C38-E22-BB44-E.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It sure is getting a lot better as the season goes on. Hope it continues and with Adeniji being young, same with Carman
it should get better the more chemistry these guys gain. Also, what Nicomo said are the musts for this team going forward.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The fact that the OL is inside the top 10 in pressures allowed does not make it a "cool site", as they are simply reporting the numbers as they stand.  What is pretty cool is how the team recognized the weakness, and brought back a capable OL coach to get them on an improvement plan.

And yes, it felt so damn good to watch Joe Mixon running that ball, seemingly at will, versus the much hated rival Steelers.

Well no kidding. The first sentence and the second sentence are unrelated.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: [Image: 4269-EAD2-DE2-D-4614-9-ADD-5-C38-E22-BB44-E.jpg]

There’s usually dates on these charts (“through week 12”). When is this even from?

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s usually dates on these charts (“through week 12”). When is this even from?

It’s current. It’s from Ben Baldwin Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1466103295689179136/photo/1
Reply/Quote
We still need to get better in pass protection but the last 2 weeks the run blocking should of really went up in ranking.
Reply/Quote
Fun how that graphic is directly at odds with what this site suggests, not just in pass protection but overall. This new oline site seems to hate the Bengals in the run game (bad in yards per carry before contact and terrible in TFL allowed), but the ESPN/PFF regression is okay with the line in the running game.

Just on an intuitive level, I feel like what I have seen on the field from week 1 through now is more in alignment with the new site than either PFF or ESPN. But who knows.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s current. It’s from Ben Baldwin Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1466103295689179136/photo/1

I have no idea how the Steelers OL is graded higher than the Bengals then. That seems downright silly. They’re awful.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have no idea how the Steelers OL is graded higher than the Bengals then. That seems downright silly. They’re awful.

Depends on who they go against... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It sure is getting a lot better as the season goes on. Hope it continues and with Adeniji being young, same with Carman
it should get better the more chemistry these guys gain. Also, what Nicomo said are the musts for this team going forward.

and D'Ante Smith, the rookie who was having a great camp and competing for a role. Maybe the Bengals found out how to draft olineman again.  Oh and Jonah 
Reply/Quote