Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line still available
(03-16-2021, 03:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: We really need to give up on getting a good or even decent O-lineman in free agency. Ownership does not now, nor has it ever since Daddy Dearest died, cared about paying interior linemen their worth.

BS.

We made Boling the 8th highest paid OG in the league when he signed his last contract. We also paid Bobbie Williams enough to keep him around.
Reply/Quote
Its reported that we tried to sign Zeitler. We cant force players to sig with us though. Thuney was who most of us wanted but to pay that much for an OG? That is not a Bengal thing to do. There are still some OLmen on the market. There will be the draft and the post draft FA/Cuts. Plenty of time to address the OL. Later in the season when we had a healthy XSF and Spain, we were a better line anyway. They are upgrades over Redmond and Jordan hands down. But we need depth regardless and upgrades would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BS.

We made Boling the 8th highest paid OG in the league when he signed his last contract. We also paid Bobbie Williams enough to keep him around.

You have you're info a little mixed up. The Bengals made Clint Boling the 8th highest paid LEFT Guard but he was only the 14th highest paid Guard.... That also dropped drastically the following year. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:27 PM)Synric Wrote: You have you're info a little mixed up. The Bengals made Clint Boling the 8th highest paid LEFT Guard but he was only the 14th highest paid Guard.... That also dropped drastically the following year. 

Still: Good work if you can get it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 02:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: EwnbV5lXMAEiPH-?format=jpg&name=small]

This is an insult to garbage cans. Turnstiles would have been more representative. Why go around something when you can just as easily go through it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BS.

Eh it might have been hyperbolic, but I'm certain i read somewhere that Mikey boy doesn't believe in paying top dollar for interior linemen.

I'll count this one as me either misremembering something or something being misrepresented to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh it might have been hyperbolic, but I'm certain i read somewhere that Mikey boy doesn't believe in paying top dollar for interior linemen.

I'll count this one as me either misremembering something or something being misrepresented to me.

They didn't want to pay Zeit what he got paid by the Stains that is for damn sure.

But yeah, I heard something to that same extent. Nothing wrong with paying Guards. Pay for the guys in the trenches.

This is where games are won.
Reply/Quote
Alex Mack is about the same age Whit was when we let him walk. Let's reverse that curse.

Forrest Lamp was a kid I liked coming out of college; wouldn't mind seeing if a change of scenery does anything.

Mike Iupati is still getting it done

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Alex Mack is about the same age Whit was when we let him walk. Let's reverse that curse.

Forrest Lamp was a kid I liked coming out of college; wouldn't mind seeing if a change of scenery does anything.

Mike Iupati is still getting it done

Sure wouldn't hate it.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Still some experienced/talented O-line talent out there. Other teams have released some good players. Disappointed we didn't make a 1st day splash but this could still work out.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh it might have been hyperbolic, but I'm certain i read somewhere that Mikey boy doesn't believe in paying top dollar for interior linemen.

Willie Anderson actually tweeted it yesterday after Bengals didn't get Thuney.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Willie Anderson actually tweeted it yesterday after Bengals didn't get Thuney.

Well damn. I guess if anyone would know, eh?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Willie Anderson actually tweeted it yesterday after Bengals didn't get Thuney.

Willie sure is a great guy.
Reply/Quote
I want Trai Turner

Then we'll have a Tre, Trey, Trai, and Tray-veon

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mentioned in the FA forum but....

The #Raiders are releasing Pro Bowl center Rodney Hudson, source said, a surprise in Las Vegas as their O-line receives a nearly complete facelift.

That guy would be a fantastic pickup.  However, the Raiders asked him to take a salary cut for the benefit of the team, he refused and now he's on the street.  So, unless a team is willing to give him what he considers a fair offer, he might just retire, while he's still in relatively good health.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That guy would be a fantastic pickup.  However, the Raiders asked him to take a salary cut for the benefit of the team, he refused and now he's on the street.  So, unless a team is willing to give him what he considers a fair offer, he might just retire, while he's still in relatively good health.

Him being cut might also make him realize he is expendable...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I want Trai Turner

Cool, the Bengals will build a four tres (fortress).

Lame
Reply/Quote
I honestly think the FO and coaching staff are just underestimating the o-line issue yet again.

I have my doubts that we'll take Sewell even if he's there. Which at this point, someone may leapfrog us because our need is so obvious.

We should've prioritized an interior linemen in FA at the very least, to pair with Sewell.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I want Trai Turner

The new Johnson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I like how honest Willie is. The Bengals definitely don't like paying interior linemen.
Reply/Quote