Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFENNNSSIVEEEE LINE!!!!
It's terrible and this is one of the reasons why it's so important to get a look at Ryanfinley this year.

If our Ryanfinley looks competent, maybe we hold off on taking a QB #1 and grab an Andrew Thomas.

I can start the DEFENSIVVEEEE LINE!!!!! post regarding Chase Young.

But it's tough to narrow down what this team should prioritize most.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's terrible and this is one of the reasons why it's so important to get a look at Ryanfinley this year.

If our Ryanfinley looks competent, maybe we hold off on taking a QB #1 and grab an Andrew Thomas.

It's like we're not 1 player away...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's like we're not 1 player away...

We are only 1 or 2 players away (from each position group)
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
We haven't even began to discuss depth. That'll be a luxury.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The title of this thread is offensive.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The title of this thread is offensive.

I find our Defense offensive.. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Be interesting to see what happens with Glenn. I'm sure he was the one player they tried to deal but probably wanted something ridiculous in return like a 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
Fixing the lineplay on both sides should be priority 1
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's terrible and this is one of the reasons why it's so important to get a look at Ryanfinley this year.

What the hell are you talking about? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

They could have traded AJ for 1, then taken Young and a good OT in the first round and come back at the top of the 2nd for a WR.

But Mike Brown blundered that.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What the hell are you talking about? 

The thread and title are mostly a play on this.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-LINEBACKER

But once the mystery of the strange title is solved, the rest is relatively straight forward. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
True, our team is only as good as our backups.
Reply/Quote
Our starting offensive line according to PFF is 52.6 clearly in the red. Billy Price is the lowest with a grade 35.6
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: They could have traded AJ for 1, then taken Young and a good OT in the first round and come back at the top of the 2nd for a WR.

Is there any reports where teams were offering a number 1 for AJ? I have seen speculation on this board and nothing else. Maybe the Bengals viewed AJ as worthy of a first round pick and no team was willing to offer one. I am not defending the Brown family because I view them as the most incompetent group of people in business, but this is a scenario no one mentions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:37 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Is there any reports where teams were offering a number 1 for AJ?  I have seen speculation on this board and nothing else.  Maybe the Bengals viewed AJ as worthy of a first round pick and no team was willing to offer one.  I am not defending the Brown family because I view them as the most incompetent group of people in business, but this is a scenario no one mentions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No one knows for certain what trades were available for Green.  Some people on radio unofficially stated some teams like the Packers and Patriots were interested in Green and Eifert.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: Our starting offensive line according to PFF is 52.6 clearly in the red. Billy Price is the lowest with a grade 35.6

You’re right, and that’s solely on the coaching. Jim Turner, rough and tough as he may be, is clearly not the answer. If anything, the offensive lineman in Cincinnati have regressed through 2019. Their pass blocking is atrocious and their run blocking is nonexistent. Joe Mixon is a great running back, so when he is getting minimal yardage it’s not on him.

As for Billy Price, I’m still not sure what the issue is. He seems to have a lot of natural talent and he was well coached at Ohio State, so my only answer is that he is being coached down — not coached up.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:02 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You’re right, and that’s solely on the coaching. Jim Turner, rough and tough as he may be, is clearly not the answer. If anything, the offensive lineman in Cincinnati have regressed through 2019.  Their pass blocking is atrocious and their run blocking is nonexistent. Joe Mixon is a great running back, so when he is getting minimal yardage it’s not on him.

As for Billy Price, I’m still not sure what the issue is. He seems to have a lot of natural talent and he was well coached at Ohio State, so my only answer is that he is being coached down — not coached up.

The only player that has really improved tons is Hopkins. Agreed it is the coaching, we need a new O-line coach in the Offseason
once again. We also need a new DC. I think if we get competent coaches at these positions and add a Guard or Tackle in FA and 
in the Draft and add some athletic tackling Linebackers and a new Secondary coach we will be monumentally better next year.

Price needs to learn to use his anchor more and get into Defender's chests. Right now his short arms are giving him trouble.

There are ways to still be a very good Guard even with short arms.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:02 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As for Billy Price, I’m still not sure what the issue is. He seems to have a lot of natural talent and he was well coached at Ohio State, so my only answer is that he is being coached down — not coached up.

The issue with Price is Length he is struggling eating space and it's a problem compounded by the outside zone scheme the Bengals want to run.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Trading away assets to pile up draft picks would have been the intelligent move. Multiple needs could be addressed in the next two years by a team that eschews FA for a draft-only strategy. Sadly, with respect to football, Mike Brown is a window licker...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: They could have traded AJ for 1, then taken Young and a good OT in the first round and come back at the top of the 2nd for a WR.

That 1st would be a bottom of the round pick but I agree they should have traded Green and more
Reply/Quote