Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL*** only positive thread after week #1
(09-12-2021, 09:51 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I would love to know the Bengals' win probability when the Vikings had the ball right before the strip of Cook.  It couldn't have been any more than 1-2%.  98% chance they lose or tie at that point.  I pegged it about 70% the Vikes win and about 28% that we tie.  

That is mind-blowing that not only did we get the ball, but we marched the field, converted 4th and 1 and kicked the figgie as time runs out.

extremely surprised both the calls in the game went our way   One only cost the vikings a Timeout but im pretty sure he was in.

Cook kinda looked down.   But i wont be mad when calls go our way.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: extremely surprised both the calls in the game went our way   One only cost the vikings a Timeout but im pretty sure he was in.

Cook kinda looked down.   But i wont be mad when calls go our way.  

Agree on Cook but there was really no way to tell on that replay. If they ruled a fumble on the field I see no way those replays could overturn. The ball was blocked from view almost every angle. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: UZ made it through the whole game and made the catch in clutch.  Cool

And nobody I would rather have make that catch after coming back from injury. He's quickly becoming one of my favorites...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:59 AM)Takedown Wrote: Boyd stole an interception somehow. The Burrow to Boyd magic continues....

I really liked Alexander when he was here, felt bad for the guy after Boyd took the ball off his facemask and out of his hands. But, oh well.... Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:51 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I would love to know the Bengals' win probability when the Vikings had the ball right before the strip of Cook. It couldn't have been any more than 1-2%. 98% chance they lose or tie at that point. I pegged it about 70% the Vikes win and about 28% that we tie.

That is mind-blowing that not only did we get the ball, but we marched the field, converted 4th and 1 and kicked the figgie as time runs out.

PFR has a fun little calculator that you can use to identify winning percentages in certain situations.

Right before the strip of Cook, The Vikings had a 67% chance to win. There is another site that calculates these as the game is live. They had the Vikings at a 53% chance to win.

Seems really low, surprisingly. I thought the game was 100% over. Sheds some light into our perspective as fans, I suppose. Lol.
Reply/Quote
A portion of Mixon post game interview.

"You touched on this earlier, but earlier this week you said 'We want to win for Zach.' Over the last two years, what has sparked that vibe among the team?

"You know, Zac, you can just tell how bad he wants it. Zac, for the last few years, he's dealt with a lot of things, on the field, off the field, a lot of distractions and whatnot. You can just tell. (You can) look him in his eyes, and you can just tell he means what he says when he wants to win and how he wants things to go. To be honest, everybody in this locker room, especially the new guys that we brought in (via) free agency and the draft picks, everybody's all bought in. That's one thing we've prided ourselves on this offseason — everybody buying in, and it shows.

"On offense, we complemented the defense well. And at the end of the day, the defense did the same thing, (with) everybody doing their thing. It was a great victory. Special teams — they did a hell of a job as well. As I said, it was great complimentary football today. I'm just glad we got the 'W.'"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Actually, we got 4!  Don't forget the "other big guy" Josh Tupou who also got a sack to go with Ogunjobi's one, and Hill's two.  

I don’t see him being credited with one anywhere…

Reply/Quote
I expected Burrow and Chase to be fine.

To me the best things I saw were Mixon running the ball nd our defense stopping the run and getting pressure on the QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals win a game they have lost in the past. 

One of the very few arguments in Zac's favor is that we've rarely been blown out; that most of our losses were close losses. Now, they were still losses, but if he's turned the corner and figured out how to win the close ones, then maybe we'll have a lot more wins coming up (probably still be close wins, but, hey, a win is a win).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My favorite thing about the win is, honestly, the favorite thing about this team overall.

Watching Joe Burrow play is an absolute blast. His accuracy, poise, ability to see the open man. It's all something that I've never seen a Bengals player do in my lifetime. Maybe Boomer or Anderson made Bengals fans feel this way but, other than a brief moment in 2005-2006 when Carson looked like an elite QB, I've never seen Bengal QB play like this and I'm loving every second of it.

Burrow is fun to watch, never seems to get too high or too low

He also has great touch.

Also saw a much better deep ball to Chase, it was perfect

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I expected Burrow and Chase to be fine.

To me the best things I saw were Mixon running the ball nd our defense stopping the run and getting pressure on the QB.

Great points. No doubt, our DL looked a lot better which made our LB's look better too

Glad Zac did not give up on the run

Last, in past we did not fare well after half time adjustments on offense especially against coaches like Zimmer. We scored on 1st drive of the half and then did enough to win. Love uou kicker, kid is the real deal.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: One of the very few arguments in Zac's favor is that we've rarely been blown out; that most of our losses were close losses. Now, they were still losses, but if he's turned the corner and figured out how to win the close ones, then maybe we'll have a lot more wins coming up (probably still be close wins, but, hey, a win is a win).

Yep, a close win beats a close loss all day long

Reply/Quote
Positives:

1) We won
2) No real injuries
3) Burrow looks OK
4) Chase caught everything, including a long TD
5) We ran the ball pretty effectively (Mixon 127 yards)
6) We were balanced offensively
7) Burrow has guts and is clutch
8) The DL, particularyly the DTs, played really well.
9) We won the Price for BJ Hill trade
10) Cook did not get squat on the ground
11) Much improved LB play
12) Secondary played pretty well vs some explosive WRs. Awuzie & R. Allen, Bell, & Bates.
13) McPherson does it in actual games as well. Kid looks legit. Big upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 04:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see him being credited with one anywhere…

Hmmmm.  App on my phone has him with one and I thought I remembered it.  I haven't re-watched yet...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hmmmm.  App on my phone has him with one and I thought I remembered it.  I haven't re-watched yet...

He did get one but it was wiped out by the Apple penalty in the endzone.
Reply/Quote