Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OG at Center
NO,

next question
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When we drafted him, in the draft presser piano man said he could play all 5 line spots. Piano man was never wrong
Reply/Quote
Hah!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 06:41 PM)GodFather Wrote: That was my reference to when the Bengals were on Hard Knocks and Mike Brown was sitting around with the coaches in a meeting and wondering about the development of Chase Coffman and he said, "Why don't we put him at cornerback"(or some position like that) and all the coaches just looked at one another like he was nuts. 

Funny stuff.

I remember that, sure it was Chase Coffman Mikey was talking about though GF?

Thought it was somebody else.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Cincinnati jungle as an article which states that the Bengals may consider moving OG from left tackle to Center.  The argument is that OG played guard in college and does better in a phone booth.   I hope this is not a consideration.  

Could the Bengals move former left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to center?

https://search.app.goo.gl/oieJ

Shared from my Google feed

CJ speculating and looking for click bait by making shyt up......

Well done increasing their clicks by linking some idiots dumb ass opinion on created news.
Reply/Quote
Like some of the others I assume it's just speculation. He looked pretty bad at tackle in general, but if you're trying to salvage him maybe he can use those feet as a pulling LG type. Thing is though unless he can play at an emergency tackle level then I don't know how he sticks. Versatility is great but you have to show something to stick, I don't see a fit as a lost center.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Cincinnati jungle as an article which states that the Bengals may consider moving OG from left tackle to Center.  The argument is that OG played guard in college and does better in a phone booth.   I hope this is not a consideration.  

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Dude can't block fast players, strong players, quick players or really any players. Better off just cutting him and getting it over with. This would also open a roster spot for an overall better player and save a few bucks.

Reply/Quote
Cool, a finesse center.

Why not try him at fullback while we're at it. Or as finesse TE. What about his recieving skills, can't be worse than Fisher's? Or as D-Liner, maybe he just was on the wrong line to begin with?

That is all really stupid.
Reply/Quote

I've read on Bengals.com Bengals will look to the draft, maybe first round a center. If not first round, very early on in draft.  I've read on Bengals.com some possible names mentioned of players on team who have played or practiced at center behind Bodine.  I've not read anything on Bengals.com about Ogbuehi at center.  What I have read is the upgrade in equipment the new O Line coach from Dallas is bringing in.  The old coach had the blocking sleds.  The new coach has blocking sleds, heavy medicine balls, tires to run through, and this big monster of a thing they have to get low in and run the gauntlet. These things helped give Dallas one of best O Lines in NFL and the idea is they will work here.  One thing is for sure, Bengals O Linemen are in for massive training with new sheriff in town.  Could the new coach move Ogbuehi to center, anything is possible.  Normally if a guy can't cut left tackle, they try him at right tackle and that's what I expect. He may also get cut or traded if he doesn't meet the new coaches standards. This teams new coaches are building for Super Bowl and it's shape up or ship out in Cincinnati.  Maybe the new coach can make an NFL blocker out of top picks Ogbuehi and Fisher, but if he can't, wave bye bye to both of Og and Fish if they are the problem and not the solution. Both Ogbuehi and Fisher haven't made the upgrade from college to NFL. College doesn't cut it in the NFL. Maybe this new coach from Dallas can make NFL men out of these college boys, we will see. If they look awful under 2 different O Line coaches, it's time to cut both top draft picks and admit Bengals blew that draft year big time. It could even be a big reason long time O Line coach fired is, he might have been the guy responsible for these 2 clunkers so far as top draft picks.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I remember that, sure it was Chase Coffman Mikey was talking about though GF?

Thought it was somebody else.

It certainly could've been Nate, it was so long ago. I just remember laughing at Brown's ineptness when he was discussing players and their progress. Even Marvin couldn't make a poker face when that comment came out. 

Maybe thats the real reason why Palmer quit because he was afraid Brown would move him to MLB at some point in the season! LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 06:41 PM)GodFather Wrote: That was my reference to when the Bengals were on Hard Knocks and Mike Brown was sitting around with the coaches in a meeting and wondering about the development of Chase Coffman and he said, "Why don't we put him at cornerback"(or some position like that) and all the coaches just looked at one another like he was nuts. 

Funny stuff.

I wanting to say that was a defensive lineman Brown was talking about, perhaps Jason Shirley ? They tried Shirley at 3 or 4 spots IIRC both D and O lines. Then MB suggested TE during that meeting.
Reply/Quote

Funny stuff.

It was actually trying Chris Harrington, a DE, at TE, when Utecht and Reggie Kelly went down.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wanting to say that was a defensive lineman Brown was talking about, perhaps Jason Shirley ? They tried Shirley at 3 or 4 spots IIRC both D and O lines. Then MB suggested TE during that meeting.

They did move Shirley to OG and he was a monster against the 2nd and 3rd stringers...

Then we moved him back to DT the following season, did well in PS, got cut, went to Panthers at the end of the year and had 2.5 sacks in 3 games or something of that nature.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 04:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm actually kind of intrigued by the idea of seeing what Hopkins can do at Center..... (this in no way infers I don't want to draft one, I just think it is an interesting idea)

Could see this being tried but no way in hell do I see Ced being a good Center. 

Just not anchored to the ground enough.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Think Peko would have made a good Center

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, that's CincyJungle spitballing ideas.  No mention of any word from the team, they are simply suggesting that it could possibly be feasible.

In other words, they're just making up stuff to write about, to get people to read site.

Pretty easy to do, when Mike Brown gave them all the ammo they needed on Hard Knocks 09' lol. "Can we move this defensive end to tight end?"
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 11:03 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It was actually trying Chris Harrington, a DE, at TE, when Utecht and Reggie Kelly went down.

YES! That was it. Great memory.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The Twittle Bros., Dee and Dum might give it thought, but even I can't go that far into conspiracy theoryland.. if they put Og at starting center they'd have to worry that some distraught fan may go off his rocker and find a pirch on some downtown Cincinnati building taking pot shots at Mikey with a  snipers rifle . On the other hand that hasn't happened yet and I'm sure it's been thought about more than once  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Keep in mind that we are talking about Mike Brown, an owner who would try to salvage a first round pick by moving him inside. Also, Og played Guard in college at some point. I think the Bengals will try anything to salvage the pick even if it means moving him to TE in jumbo packages.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Keep in mind that we are talking about Mike Brown, an owner who would try to salvage a first round pick by moving him inside.  Also, Og played Guard in college at some point. I think the Bengals will try anything to salvage the pick even if it means moving him to TE in jumbo packages.

i don't blame them for trying to salvage the guy and get something out of him, right up to the point of keeping a better player off the roster.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote