Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
OH GOP
(11-05-2020, 02:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You don’t have to use religion to be opposed to abortion. Just like you don’t have to be religious to oppose capital punishment.

True but I was originally responding to someone who brought up God. And I would venture to guess the vast majority who want to control what women do with their own bodies use their religion to claim they are right to do so.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:19 AM)Stewy Wrote: Oh please.  Let's not pretend there isn't ignorant blind straight ticket voting on both sides.  80% of the people in this country are no more than social media junky, sheeple, which this election has shown very well.  Look at the exit polls and they'll tell you the same depressing story, that people can't be bothered to LEARN about candidates, they just pick a side based upon their own ideologies and vote that way.

Well I voted all Dem except for our Rep. R Fred Thompson.

So I am a Dem who voted for one Repub, 

based upon what seemed to me a serious commitment to serving all in our district, regardless of party. 

Just sharing.  

(Still unsure if that was a good idea. May contradict my national politics.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is this a joke? The Democrats are baby killers, I call that very corrupt and so does God.

The possible POTUS is taking bribes from China. Yet. our morally corrupt nation voted for him.

Our nation lost its soul a long time ago, it started with a Kenyan named Obama. Same guy who spied on a sitting US President.

When are we gonna get that Bobulinski war hero info?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:00 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I voted all Dem except for our Rep. R Fred Thompson.

So I am a Dem who voted for one Repub, 

based upon what seemed to me a serious commitment to serving all in our district, regardless of party. 

Just sharing.  

(Still unsure if that was a good idea. May contradict my national politics.)

Wasn't really speaking to anyone here specifically, as I think you know.

It was of course a generalized statement based upon the exit polls.  Having grown up in a highly political family, meaning my dad or grandfather were constantly running for office and politic'n for the next election started the day after winning an election, I saw a huge amount of people who had no interest in issues or what the candidate represented.  All they wanted to know was their party, period.  This was especially true during the months leading up to an election when we would go door to door every weekend.  I hated waking people at 8am on a Saturday....

Anyway, my general point was that things haven't changed.  If you look at the exit polls, they are really disturbing as to the blind ignorance on both sides of the fence.  Disturbing, but unsurprised because ignorance is easier than learning.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is this a joke? The Democrats are baby killers, I call that very corrupt and so does God.

And this is the kind of extremist mindset that's both illogical but severely damaging to our ability to go forward.

Republican appointed justices voted in favor of abortion in Roe v Wade. Multiple times since then, Republicans have had the majorities necessary to try and change that through legislation. They haven't. 

There are plenty of ideological differences in the two parties . But abortion isn't one of them, at least not at the federal level. But gop faithful keep voting for people like Uncle Mitch who has spent decades not addressing abortion when he could, but calling his Democrat challengers pro abortion.

There's plenty of reasons not to like democrats. But abortion really isn't solely on them. Especially when there's pro life democrats.
Reply/Quote