Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Howard a Bill and now released
(03-17-2022, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but do you believe that's going to happen?
I have a gut feeling that RT and TE aren't filled before the draft or will be a FA people won't be excited about.

Given that Collins is the only T they've been linked to, I would say that that if they can't land him, they will resign Reiff or bring in a similar serviceable RT to compete with Carman.  This was probably their original plan all along, then they saw a chance to get a top tier RT in his prime that Pollack knows well.  

Just being honest, it isn't like Moses and Howard are exciting options.  Howard is a bust that people hoped would be a reclaimation project and finally live up to his insane draft hype.  Moses got axed for a 2nd round pick before WFT even knew what they had.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:00 PM)Whatever Wrote: Given that Collins is the only T they've been linked to, I would say that that if they can't land him, they will resign Reiff or bring in a similar serviceable RT to compete with Carman.  This was probably their original plan all along, then they saw a chance to get a top tier RT in his prime that Pollack knows well.  

Just being honest, it isn't like Moses and Howard are exciting options.  Howard is a bust that people hoped would be a reclaimation project and finally live up to his insane draft hype.  Moses got axed for a 2nd round pick before WFT even knew what they had.  

Howard and Moses are more exciting options than what the draft will likely have though.
Moses is a very solid player, better than Reiff IMO.
Howard is more boom or bust, but his first few years in TB before Brady and Gronk got there were very promising.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just feels like the Bengals are content with their starters at this point and just looking to address any more needs in the draft and probably some cheap depth signings in FA.

I understand what you mean as I'm doing my best to exercise patience for seeing how it all plays out. Duke & Zac have been successful with free agency two years in a row now, so I hope the FA period proves to be the third year in a row they have success. I'm doing my best to trust them and the organization without feeling disappointment when they don't fulfill my fantasy-GM'ing views.
Reply/Quote
Looks like the real numbers behind the Von Miller contract are...

$51m guaranteed and averaging $17.5m/yr for the first 4 years. So sounds like it's more something like a 3yr/$52.5m deal with some options at the end.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Released
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:09 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Released

Cool, bring him in too. Hurst, OJ and Sample won’t wow anybody but I’d be very happy with them as our TE group.
Reply/Quote
Howard is definitely the caliber of Hurst if healthy, if not better.
He's had 3 seasons of 400+ yards.
I'm not sure if injuries have caused him to decline, but he was averaging over 16 YPR his first two seasons and had 11 TDs in that span.
His best season was 565-5 in just 10 games.

He could definitely also block when he came out of college.

He doesn't play a ton of ST, but he has played some. Most ST snaps in a season was 78, which was 19% for that year.

I'd be excited to have him, as I was a huge fan of his leading up to the 2017 draft.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Howard is definitely the caliber of Hurst if healthy, if not better.
I'm not sure if injuries have caused him to decline, but he was averaging over 16 YPR his first two seasons and had 11 TDs in that span.

He doesn't play a ton of ST, but he has played some. Most ST snaps in a season was 78, which was 19% for that year.

I'd be excited to have him, as I was a huge fan of his leading up to the 2017 draft.

Agree on all  Rock On
Reply/Quote
I hope they grab Howard. Hurst and Howard would be decent if the Bengals run 2 TE sets.
Reply/Quote
The Bills, a top contending team just gave Howard a shot. He couldn't catch on. Bengals shouldn't waste their time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He was never the same post injury.
Reply/Quote
Joe Goodberry's brother (who knows his shit) said that he is washed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Howard is definitely the caliber of Hurst if healthy, if not better.

Same here, bring in OJ Howard and I would be ecstatic. Thought he was playing good in the Preseason for the Bills too.

Don't understand why they cut him.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, bring in OJ Howard and I would be ecstatic. Thought he was playing good in the Preseason for the Bills too.

Don't understand why they cut him.

Heck, you can make him a WR4. He has 4.51 speed and is 6'6", 251 lbs.

His athletic profile compared to Tee Higgins...
Vert:
Howard - 30
Higgins - 31

Broad:
Howard - 1001
Higgins - 1003

40:
Howard - 4.51 (1.55 10-split)
Higgins - 4.54 (1.66 10-split)

Shuttle:
Howard - 4.16
Higgins - 4.53

Keep in mind that Howard did this 35 lbs heavier than Higgins too.

If the Bengals didn't want to use him as an inline TE, they could definitely use him as a backup WR.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Heck, you can make him a WR4. He has 4.51 speed and is 6'6", 251 lbs.

His athletic profile compared to Tee Higgins...
Vert:
Howard - 30
Higgins - 31

Broad:
Howard - 1001
Higgins - 1003

40:
Howard - 4.51 (1.55 10-split)
Higgins - 4.54 (1.66 10-split)

Shuttle:
Howard - 4.16
Higgins - 4.53

Keep in mind that Howard did this 35 lbs heavier than Higgins too.

If the Bengals didn't want to use him as an inline TE, they could definitely use him as a backup WR.

Those are some damn impressive numbers for a TE. I could see him being a backup WR for us that could actually scare
some teams unlike Morgan or Thomas. Versatility is always a good thing in football, OJ Howard could fill 2 needs in 1 
player. Too young to be washed up like Goodberry's brother said, he has played behind top TE's similar to Hurst honestly
and adds more in the blocking department which is my only concern with Hurst.
Reply/Quote
The Bills owe Howard $3.19 million in guaranteed money. Howard reportedly struggled with quickness and separation throughout Buffalo's training camp and preseason. He played well into the second half of Bills preseason tilts, a clear sign his roster spot was never guaranteed. Howard, entering his age-27 season, profiles as nothing more than a No. 2 tight end going forward. He has a mere 25 receptions over his past two seasons. Howard was never a threat to Dawson Knox.

Per rotoworld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
bills having a horrendous preseason. Completely overrated team anyways.

Josh Allen is great, but Gabe Davis as their #2 is not ideal. Guy is a decent 3rd option who had 1 amazing game against the Chiefs in the postseason
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:02 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The Bills owe Howard $3.19 million in guaranteed money. Howard reportedly struggled with quickness and separation throughout Buffalo's training camp and preseason. He played well into the second half of Bills preseason tilts, a clear sign his roster spot was never guaranteed. Howard, entering his age-27 season, profiles as nothing more than a No. 2 tight end going forward. He has a mere 25 receptions over his past two seasons. Howard was never a threat to Dawson Knox.

Per rotoworld.

Which is what we need here behind Hayden Hurst.

(08-30-2022, 02:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: bills having a horrendous preseason. Completely overrated team anyways.

Josh Allen is great, but Gabe Davis as their #2 is not ideal. Guy is a decent 3rd option who had 1 amazing game against the Chiefs in the postseason

They might be a bit overrated but they are still one of the best teams in all 3 phases in the NFL.

Stephon Diggs and Khalil Shakir could be a badass duo along with Dawson Knox on Offense. Plus they have a good OL 
and one of the best Defenses in the NFL. They are overrated a bit cause Josh Allen can be inconsistent and they play down
to their competition at times and can lose to bad teams if they aren't on their game and focused.

Still, this is the one team we haven't beat yet out of the Playoff and SuperBowl contenders in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which is what we need here behind Hayden Hurst.

They might be a bit overrated but they are still one of the best teams in all 3 phases in the NFL.

Stephon Diggs and Khalil Shakir could be a badass duo along with Dawson Knox on Offense. Plus they have a good OL 
and one of the best Defenses in the NFL. They are overrated a bit cause Josh Allen can be inconsistent and they play down
to their competition at times and can lose to bad teams if they aren't on their game and focused.

Still, this is the one team we haven't beat yet out of the Playoff and SuperBowl contenders in the AFC.

Sorry to disagree with you man but we don’t need that here. We probably already have that here with some slight upside. He appears to be done.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which is what we need here behind Hayden Hurst.

the defense is the unit thats mainly overrated. Playing against the crappy afc east offenses the last 3 years
Reply/Quote