Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Howard a Bill and now released
Its a shame, I really liked this guy a lot when he was drafted. I wanted him, as Eifert was often injured and we ended up taking John Ross IIRC.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:47 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Its a shame, I really liked this guy a lot when he was drafted. I wanted him, as Eifert was often injured and we ended up taking John Ross IIRC.

My top two favorite selections for the Bengals that year were (in order) - OJ Howard or John Ross
I thought maybe Lattimore, Barnett, Allen, or Hooker would have been ok too but I wanted an offensive weapon.
I didn't think the Bengals were ready to take a new QB yet.

Jonathan Allen has obviously been the best of that bunch to date, but he was also projected to be gone by Pick 9 if it wasn't for his medical issue.

I also remember really liking TJ Watt, but I was thinking for the 2nd round, which is about where he was projected.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 03:45 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Sorry to disagree with you man but we don’t need that here.  We probably already have that here with some slight upside.  He appears to be done.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is cool disagreeing with me. I think OJ Howard is an upgrade over Drew Sample or Thad Moss but that is okay.

He is still somewhat young, I don't know why he would appear to be done.

(08-30-2022, 04:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the defense is the unit thats mainly overrated. Playing against the crappy afc east offenses the last 3 years

They sure didn't look good at all against the Chiefs either, but adding Vonn Miller helps them. True they play in a crappy 
Division besides the Patriots who still have Billy B and an okay QB in Mac Jones. Being the #1 ranked overall Defense in 
the NFL last year in the regular season though is a pretty high honor.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They sure didn't look good at all against the Chiefs either, but adding Vonn Miller helps them. True they play in a crappy 
Division besides the Patriots who still have Billy B and an okay QB in Mac Jones. Being the #1 ranked overall Defense in 
the NFL last year in the regular season though is a pretty high honor.

Don't fully sleep on Miami this year. They actually had a winning record at 9-8 last year.

Tyreek Hill, Jalen Waddle, Cedrick Wilson Jr, Mike Gesicki is a pretty good pass catching group, and they signed a couple offensive linemen in FA. I guess it comes down to if Tua can improve, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them finish better than the Patriots. 

Don't think they are a SB threat, but I think they'll be a pretty decent team. They do get help from their schedule, playing New England x2, NYJ x2, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland (without Watson), and Houston. That's 10 games where they should probably win 7. Sprinkle in winning 2-3 of the 7 games you don't expect them to win and that puts them at 9-10 wins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:47 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Its a shame, I really liked this guy a lot when he was drafted. I wanted him, as Eifert was often injured and we ended up taking John Ross IIRC.

OJ Howard was THE pick for me that year as well.  I was hoping for duo TE formations like the Patriots pulled off to help the running and passing game.  So he's an above average blocker still that still hasn't gotten his wheels back.  Achilles are the most serious leg injuries.  But if Kobe, KD, and CJ Uzomah, can come back decently, maybe OJ can as well.  He's pretty much on CJ's path.
Reply/Quote
Oj Howard had a decent rookie year, and was one of the best TE's in the league in year 2 before he got injured. No joke. Put up 565+ yards with 6 touchdowns, in only 10 games.

After that, Bruce Arians wanted him to block more, coupled with the injuries, and now he's getting cut from the bills.

OJ Howard at one point was a good player. John Ross was never a good player
Reply/Quote
To me it is a major red flag for the Bills to choose to eat $3.2 million as opposed to keeping a guy they just signed. According to The Bills board his play was inconsistent and he was struggling to learn the terminology and playbook. However, they were also surprised, though, that he was released. Of course, there is always the possibility that he was released to clear a roster spot for someone heading to IR and will be re-signed today.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
OJ Howard might have been useful sunday based on his performance in Texas.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: OJ Howard might have been useful sunday based on his performance in Texas.

Can he snap?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Can he snap?

IDK but he can Catch... Would have been a more useful Red Zone target. than WR#4 and 5
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 12:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: IDK but he can Catch... Would have been a more useful Red Zone target. than WR#4 and 5

Probably not; Colts aren't good at defending the TE.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 12:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't fully sleep on Miami this year. They actually had a winning record at 9-8 last year.

Tyreek Hill, Jalen Waddle, Cedrick Wilson Jr, Mike Gesicki is a pretty good pass catching group, and they signed a couple offensive linemen in FA. I guess it comes down to if Tua can improve, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them finish better than the Patriots. 

Don't think they are a SB threat, but I think they'll be a pretty decent team. They do get help from their schedule, playing New England x2, NYJ x2, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland (without Watson), and Houston. That's 10 games where they should probably win 7. Sprinkle in winning 2-3 of the 7 games you don't expect them to win and that puts them at 9-10 wins.

True, the Phins went all in this Offseason. They should be good and a ton better than they have been lately.

Don't expect them to be a SB threat like you said but they could split the series with the Bills and it wouldn't surprise me.

Patriots also could split with them.
Reply/Quote
Not signing Howard is looking like a huge mistake with Sample probably out for a while.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not signing Howard is looking like a huge mistake with Sample probably out for a while.

Might be a good opportunity for Asiasi to get some playing time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Might be a good opportunity for Asiasi to get some playing time.

Meh. I expect next to nothing out of him.

Reply/Quote