Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Howard coming to Cincinnati-came and went-no contract
Not even any rumors? Any sightings of O J Howard in the Cincinnati area? The last report was from Rapoport (wow, does his name work with report), who said Howard "was still in the building" in Cincinnati. That was yesterday some hours after the Asaisa claim.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 12:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not even any rumors? Any sightings of O J Howard in the Cincinnati area? The last report was from Rapoport (wow, does his name work with  report), who said Howard "was still in the building" in Cincinnati. That was yesterday some hours after the Asaisa claim.

it is the last word I saw though Dehner did confirm Howard did get a physicl

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 10:57 AM)740Bengal Wrote: There's way more to a TE than blocking, how about the ability to be a playmaker? 

I dont disagree, but OJ has always been a bad route runner and according to Bills insiders he was very slow, on top of that he couldnt grasp the playbook.  Not sure how these issues evolve into a playmaker?  If we sign him I hope he works out these issues.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 12:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont disagree, but OJ has always been a bad route runner and according to Bills insiders he was very slow, on top of that he couldnt grasp the playbook.  Not sure how these issues evolve into a playmaker?  If we sign him I hope he works out these issues.

If he can help in the red zone that’s huge by itself. And I did see him hook up with Allen for a red zone TD in the preseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 12:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he can help in the red zone that’s huge by itself. And I did see him hook up with Allen for a red zone TD in the preseason.

True, I saw that TD as well.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Some (old school?) people will argue blocking is the most important piece of TE, whereas some will argue being a weapon in the passing game is more important.

Both are valuable, and I think it depends on the scheme that's being ran.
Personally, I prefer a TE who is a receiving threat.

In a perfect world you would have a TE that can do it all.

We will probably have to draft ours if we want the special do it all TE that can block and be a receiving threat.

Too bad Michael Mayer will be long gone by our 32nd pick. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 11:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like the one where Myles Jack punked him for his lunch money?

Yeah like that.  Super close
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah like that.  Super close

That was just a great play by Myles Jack.
Reply/Quote
What I like about OJ is he has two separate feet. Sample has two lefts and a club-foot.
Reply/Quote
and OJ is onto Houston

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I guess if Joey Franchise didn’t take him out to dinner it wasn’t happening.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:48 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: What I like about OJ is he has two separate feet. Sample has two lefts and a club-foot.

He has 3 feet?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 05:02 PM)pally Wrote: and OJ is onto Houston

Thanks, Pally. Not the news I've been looking for, but he probably had a lot of suitors. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 05:02 PM)pally Wrote: and OJ is onto Houston

Too bad, honestly I like what I saw of Thad Moss this preseason and in college more than what I saw of Asiasi in his
short highlight vid. Glad we at least got him on the Practice Squad, never thought I would say this about Thaddeus.

He did well in Preseason though.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 06:14 PM)TheFan Wrote: He has 3 feet?  Ninja

Tripod   Hilarious
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was just a great play by Myles Jack.

If you’re an UDFA playing TE because the first two guys are hurt, that’s understandable. Second round pick needs to make the catch. If I remember correctly it’s not like it was broken up while he was trying to make the catch. He already had possession
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 07:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If you’re an UDFA playing TE because the first two guys are hurt, that’s understandable. Second round pick needs to make the catch. If I remember correctly it’s not like it was broken up while he was trying to make the catch. He already had possession

I remembered it being nearly impossible to make the catch it was so great of coverage by Jack and he did knock the ball out.

Could be wrong though, it has been a spell.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 11:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, it still might be in the cards TKUHL. I feel the same way.

Not impressed with this Asiasi even though the Patriots wanted him back.

Dosent seem likely now. I can’t be mad, I have no idea who this other guy is. Guess I’ll do some homework.

How you been man? Hope everything is going well. I’m not on here as much as I use too. I try to stay away during pre season, can’t stand seeing players injured and out for the year in pre season. Anyway stay safe man, you’ve always been pretty cool with me on here. Who-Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 05:27 PM)wanga Wrote: I guess if Joey Franchise didn’t take him out to dinner it wasn’t happening.

Joey Franchise gave him some fresh squeezed OJ and said "good luck in TX with whomever hae QB is over there bruh"
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I remembered it being nearly impossible to make the catch it was so great of coverage by Jack and he did knock the ball out.

Could be wrong though, it has been a spell.

Sample got straight bullied on that play. I was totally done with him after that...
Reply/Quote