Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2
I think it's something to go with the quarterback if Burrow is the pick. Steinbach followed the Palmer pick, Dalton, Green, and Boling all came in together. You start building around the franchise quarterback immediately.

My preferences would be Kindley, Leatherwood or Becton if it's OL. They may make it to the 2nd. WRs I'd like would be Higgins and Jefferson. AJ's future is uncertain and I don't want him to be the only chance they have at getting a QR that can go up and get a jump ball. They need a contingency for Green's inevitable exit either way.

I feel pretty strongly that they should and will get a compliment for Burrow in the 2nd, but if they didn't, I'd hope that Dye from Oregon or Xavier McKinney would fall to them.
Reply/Quote
It really depends on FA, how round 1 falls, and what we get out of Dalton and/or Glenn in trade.

I think they like Fred Johnson as a guy who can potentially be a starter and unseat Hart. If that's the case, they may be looking at him and Jonah as the bookends of the future with Hart as a veteran backup and Prince as a developmental backup. They may be looking at G more than T. I don't think they'd pass on OT if there's value there unless they dropped big $ on a FA, but I don't know that they consider it an urgent need.

WR is a big time need, but it's a very deep class. There could be some 1st round guys fall to the top of 2 there.

I don't think this is a particularly good LB class. That may cause some teams to reach for guys like Murray. Realistically, they should focus on LB in FA. Generally, you get your best bang for your buck in UFA with stack LB's.

I see people saying no RB, but it makes sense to get one if there's value. Mixon is in a contract year and we really have nothing behind him if he gets hurt. A home run hitter with receiving skills like Etienne or Dobbins would add another dimension to the offense and a strong run game is a young QB's best friend.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm coming around to the idea of taking a WR at the top of the 2nd.  Guys like Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson may have been first rounders in other classes.  The linebackers and offensive tackles who drop out of the first may not be as juicy of prospects relatively speaking.  A good FA haul at those positions would really open up the draft for BPA in the second.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:44 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Justin Jefferson or somebody on the o line

I’d totally be down for Jefferson. Already established chemistry with Burrow would be big.

Reply/Quote
Protect burrow, enhance the effectiveness of our best weapon M8xon. Someone like Josh Jones would fit that bill
Reply/Quote
Improve the offensive line. Protect Burrow. Improve the running game. Sustain drives. Win time of possession. Keep the defense off the field.
Reply/Quote
Surprised not to see more say this so I’ll add it here.

Since we are getting Burrow in 1st it’s imperative we get more OL to support him. We’ve seen Bengals ruin young QBs due to lack of blocking. We’ve seen Bengals ruin experiences QBs due to lack of blocking (eg Dalton).

With the 2nd rd, get a Tackle!!! Jonah and 2nd rd Tackle are bookends, Jordan and Price fight for Guard position, kick Glenn into other Guard position and Hopkins at Center. Then, you got a line. We have enough offensive weapons to get Burrow going (think Mixon, Boyd, Eifert as offensive weapons starter pack). If Jefferson is there at top of 3rd, snag him.

This would neglect linebacker. Yes it would. Vigil has improved. Grab Darron Lee in FA. Then draft early defense next year (CB and LBer).

You’re welcome.
Reply/Quote
Rounds 2 through 7? OL, LB, OL, LB, OL, S.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:22 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Rounds 2 through 7? OL, LB, OL, LB, OL, S.

I’d argue we need another WR even more than OL tbh. The OL we had this year was not great by any means, but they weren’t as bad many on this board claim. The run blocking was atrocious early on but they got that figured out as the season went on, and the pass protection (Dalton’s quick release or not) was really not that bad. There was so many times this season they gave Dalton ample time and he either missed the throw, or no one was open.

I love AJ, he’s been my favorite Bengal for the majority of this decade, but we can’t count on him A.) even being here next season, and B.) staying healthy for 16 games. Boyd can’t do it by himself.

Grab a WR in the 2nd or 3rd, then worry about adding some depth on the OL. LB I hope they utilize free agency, but we all know how that usually goes.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d argue we need another WR even more than OL tbh. The OL we had this year was not great by any means, but they weren’t as bad many on this board claim. The run blocking was atrocious early on but they got that figured out as the season went on, and the pass protection (Dalton’s quick release or not) was really not that bad. There was so many times this season they gave Dalton ample time and he either missed the throw, or no one was open.

I love AJ, he’s been my favorite Bengal for the majority of this decade, but we can’t count on him A.) even being here next season, and B.) staying healthy for 16 games. Boyd can’t do it by himself.

Grab a WR in the 2nd or 3rd, then worry about adding some depth on the OL. LB I hope they utilize free agency, but we all know how that usually goes.

I'd be happy with Micheal Pittman Jr WR USC in the 2nd  or 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
A couple prospects at #33:
Xavier McKinney (DB)
Mekhi Becton (OT)
Hamsah Nasirildeen (DB)
Tyler Johnson (WR)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2019/12/31/Alabama-LB-Dylan-Moses-returning-to-school-instead-of-heading-to-NFL/9671577792437/

Looks like you can scratch Dylan Moses off the list
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:16 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Improve the offensive line. Protect Burrow. Improve the running game. Sustain drives. Win time of possession. Keep the defense off the field.

The O-line is the key right there. Improve that and everything else will fall into place.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:44 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Justin Jefferson or somebody on the o line

This is where I'm leaning too. Maybe not necessarily Jefferson (although I really like him) but a WR.
Or obviously OL.
If AJ Green isn't re-signed by the draft, I think WR at 33 is probable.
OL would be my choice though, as this team's weakest position group is OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is where I'm leaning too. Maybe not necessarily Jefferson (although I really like him) but a WR.
Or obviously OL.

In this class a WR at 65 will still be really good. I think there will be better value at 33 than WR based on how many could go in round 1. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A couple prospects at #33:
Xavier McKinney (DB)
Mekhi Becton (OT)
Hamsah Nasirildeen (DB)
Tyler Johnson (WR)

I haven't had a chance to watch Louisville play this year. (I do have them against Miss. St. recorded) I see Mekhi Becton getting alot of love lately. Can someone tell me about him other than the one clip ove seen of him hitting a guy with his punch and knocking him back 5 feet.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is where I'm leaning too. Maybe not necessarily Jefferson (although I really like him) but a WR.
Or obviously OL.

Idk LB is pretty weak too.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:51 PM)Synric Wrote: I haven't had a chance to watch Louisville play this year. (I do have them against Miss. St. recorded) I see Mekhi Becton getting alot of love lately. Can someone tell me about him other than the one clip ove seen of him hitting a guy with his punch and knocking him back 5 feet.

Well you can delete the recording as he didn't play in the Bowl Game. Think Orlando Brown Jr. with athletic ability. Once he starts the post season workouts I feel he will go in the first round. Even though he's huge he's more of a technician. 

Reply/Quote
We've had a lot of recent success in trading down in the 2nd. Hopefully there are a few "can't miss" guys that fall out of round 1 that cause a bidding war during the break before day 2. With all the holes, the Bengals have to take advantage of teams willing to overpay.

Such a bonus having the 1st pick on days 2 and 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:21 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: We've had a lot of recent success in trading down in the 2nd. Hopefully there are a few "can't miss" guys that fall out of round 1 that cause a bidding war during the break before day 2. With all the holes, the Bengals have to take advantage of teams willing to overpay.

Such a bonus having the 1st pick on days 2 and 3.

With RD 2 happening the second day I can see Bengals getting a lot of trade offers for #33

Reply/Quote