Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2
(12-31-2019, 01:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk LB is pretty weak too.

i suspect LB is a FA priority this offseason... and draft one early as well
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:29 PM)firstand10 Wrote: My question. It's obvious everyone keeps saying "Burrows" is the man. But, what if MB doesn't want him?  Has anyone ever known MB to go along with the norm? If the staff want's Burrows I'd be glad to see him here. But who knows what lurks in the mind of the man in charge!

I can understand some concern.. Burrows was an afterthought 4 months ago as a top tier QB.. but Herbert and Tua were not (granted injury hurt him) but regardless the Bengals need to work the three out (Tua can't go i would pass on him)  and if not much difference between Herbert, i would move back .. get a extra pick and take Herbert.. if Burrows is the winner then take him.. but one great year and a bunch of media hype should not be the deciding factor... if that is the case, if he bombs on the big stage against Clemson should we start to rethink him as #1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:51 PM)Synric Wrote: I haven't had a chance to watch Louisville play this year. (I do have them against Miss. St. recorded) I see Mekhi Becton getting alot of love lately. Can someone tell me about him other than the one clip ove seen of him hitting a guy with his punch and knocking him back 5 feet.

I read something comparing him to Glenn.  He's a massive human being but moves very well for his size.  The Glenn comp comes from him surprisingly being a better pass blocker than run blocker, not to say that he's terrible at that either.  
Reply/Quote
GOING ON ESPN RANKINGS

1. QB-BURROW-LSU

2. LB- LEWIS or JENNINGS-ALABAMA or BAUN-WISCONSIN

3. WR- JOHNSON-TEXAS or DAVIS- TEXAS A &M

4. O LINE- CUSHENBERRY - C- LSU or HARRIS-C-WASHINGTON

5. O-LINE - BREDESON - G- MICHIGAN or PEARL - T - U CONN or CRONK - T - INDIANA

Just going on best available on ESPN list. Best available in 3 is WR and I look for Dalton and AJ Green to leave in Free Agency. So why not some extra help at WR. These are like Round 2 WR's.

Center is best available in 4, but that is like Round 3. In 5 there are some Tackles or Guards but this is like a Round 4 pick.

I say like Round ahead because Bengals draft #1 all rounds.

You better believe they are taking Burrow. LB is heavy start of 2. WR start of 3. Then O Linemen top of list to start 4 and 5.

I did not plan LSU Center snapping to LSU QB, it's just how ESPN ranking players as of 1-1-2020. Maybe the 2 Ohio State centers can try guard and be back-up centers. Or Cushenberry can try Guard. He is 6'4" and over 300 lbs.

I have no problem getting O Line 1st pick in 4 and 5 and like 3 and 4. Should still add some talent to O Line here and an upgrade.

Boyd and Ross could use some help. Enter Johnson or Davis.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
GOING ON CBS RANKINGS

1. QB- BURROW - LSU

2. O LINE - WONOGHO - AUBURN or BECTON - LOUISVILLE

3. LB- DYE -OREGON, WOODWARD-UTAH STATE, BAUN- WISCONSON

4. WR- AIYUK- ARIZONA STATE or SURRETT - WAKE FOREST

CBS only has 100 player rankings as of 1-1-2020. The best players on their rankings in 3 are more O Line, but I would have never got a LB onto this list.

So CBS is different from ESPN list so far. ESPN would be QB, LB, WR, O LINE, O LINE. CBS has it QB, O Line, LB, WR and no top of 5.

I'm OK with both lists. CBS would have some Round 1 type O Line help to start 2 instead of LB. Here we still get a Round 2 LB to start 3. WR drops down to a Round 3 to start 4.

One name used twice on both lists is Baun the Wisconsin LB who was a finalist for The Butkus Award. Both have him listed as possible picks. Burrow on Offense, Baun on Defense, and lets get some O Line help in here. Deep talent at WR in draft may get Boyd & Ross some help around pick 97 or earlier.

OF THE TWO, I LIKE CBS LIST BETTER, BECAUSE WE REALLY NEED O LINE HELP and we get Baun at LB anyway, or Dye
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 10:34 AM)kevin Wrote: GOING ON ESPN RANKINGS

1. QB-BURROW-LSU

2. LB- LEWIS or JENNINGS-ALABAMA or BAUN-WISCONSIN

3. WR- JOHNSON-TEXAS or DAVIS- TEXAS A &M

4. O LINE- CUSHENBERRY - C- LSU or HARRIS-C-WASHINGTON

5. O-LINE - BREDESON - G- MICHIGAN or PEARL - T - U CONN or CRONK - T - INDIANA

(01-01-2020, 11:20 AM)kevin Wrote: GOING ON CBS RANKINGS

1.  QB- BURROW - LSU

2.   O LINE - WONOGHO - AUBURN or BECTON - LOUISVILLE

3.  LB- DYE -OREGON, WOODWARD-UTAH STATE,  BAUN- WISCONSON

4.  WR- AIYUK- ARIZONA STATE or SURRETT - WAKE FOREST

Zach Baun and Terrell Lewis are edge defenders not off the ball linebackers. They will play in Sam Hubbard or Carl Lawson's spots. Sage Surratt is returning to school. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Prince Tego Wonogho because he's a carbon copy of Cordy Glenn. He is very heavy in the top half and has skinny legs which will hurt his run blocking. I do like Brandon Aiyuk but would rather see the Bengals get someone with size to play outside receiver that can adjust to back shoulder throws that Burrow loves to throw.

I am a big fan of Troy Dye because I think he fits what the Bengals need at OLB next to Germaine Pratt. With his experience and if he tests the way I think he will he could climb into the second round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I Need a Tie Breaker. THE DRAFT NETWORK.COM Rankings will work

#1. QB- Burrow- LSU

#2 . O LINE - LEATHERWOOD- ALABAMA or WANOGHO- AUBURN

#3. LB- RICE- GEORGIA or DYE - OREGON

# 4. WR - MIMS- BAYLOR or PEOPLES-JONES - MICHIGAN

and they stop at 100 like CBS so far.

So looking at all 3 lists, I get :

#1. QB-Burrow-LSU

#2 . OFFENSIVE TACKLE -WONOGHO- Auburn

#3. LINEBACKER- DYE- OREGON or BAUN-WISCONSIN

#4. WR. A 2 or a 3 drops to us at first pick in 4. If Green leaves free agent, we need to add one.

I can live with this. We get the QB, O Line, Linebacker and a WR. If Dalton and Green leave, we get QB and WR and still get much needed O Line and LB hep.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 11:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Zach Baun and Terrell Lewis are edge defenders not off the ball linebackers. They will play in Sam Hubbard or Carl Lawson's spots. Sage Surratt is returning to school. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Prince Tego Wonogho because he's a carbon copy of Cordy Glenn. He is very heavy in the top half and has skinny legs which will hurt his run blocking. I do like Brandon Aiyuk but would rather see the Bengals get someone with size to play outside receiver that can adjust to back shoulder throws that Burrow loves to throw.

I am a big fan of Troy Dye because I think he fits what the Bengals need at OLB next to Germaine Pratt. With his experience and if he tests the way I think he will he could climb into the second round.
OK, going through 3 lists and then yours. 

Still Burrow the QB at #1. 

Now we have the #1 Pick LT Williams that was injured all season who is suppose to play in 2020.  Wonogho at Right Tackle could give Bengals 2 good young Bookend Tackles on O Line.  Or somebody other than Wonogho.  They will be young, but even Munoz had to be young once.  2 good young Bookend Tackles Left and Right might just be the Tackles for 2020's.   We should get a 1st Round Tackle at start of 2, and THAT helps the O Line greatly. 

I'll go with your DYE at LB at top of 3.  We need a LB that can play off the line.   We get a 2nd Round talent at First Pick in 3. 

That brings us to a 2nd or 3rd round WR falling to us first pick in 4.  Whoever.  Someone to help Boyd and Ross so more single cover, less double cover.   The main thing is talent to go deep but also run precision patterns and good hands and speed.  Burrow will have to throw more than back shoulder passes in NFL, but Burrow is a scoring machine at LSU, and Bengals could use the touchdowns since they never score any. 

Burrow at QB, a good blocking tackle to bookend Williams and protect Burrow and run block for Mixon,  A LB like Dye that you say can play off the line in a 4-3, unlike Harrison who had trouble with Bengals use to on line with Steelers in 3-4.    And a top talent WR falling to us at top of 4.   Those are like 4 picks in first 3 rounds.   I like it.  I like the idea of BLOCKERS who can help Burrow and Mixon score A LOT of points.  We also get a Round 2 type LB at top of 3 which we have needed to draft for years now.  With Mauluga and Burfict gone, it's a good year to grab one. 

If Green and Dalton on other teams in March Free Agency, it free's up a ton of cap space money. This Burrow is a scoring machine. I look for Green and Dalton to both do well on other teams, but no reason for Bengals to fold up the tents. The potential of Burrow and Mixon and Boyd and Ross with IMPROVED BLOCKING sounds EXCITING. Plus a top LB and a top WR added. Plus our 5 is like a 4. 6 is like a 5. 7 is like a 6. Thanks to picking 1st. Maybe we get some Free Agent help also. This Rebuild or Reload could set Bengals up. Burrow could be a Superstar. Burrow and Mixon in same backfield could be pretty good. Boomer thinks so and I think even Carson. As for the other QBs, if it's Touchdowns you want, you draft Burrow. Plus from Ohio, so he can play in the Cold Weather Slop of AFC North, but also the Fast Track Football of LSU. Not many can do both like Burrow. Good, Solid Pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Do you guys even watch football?
It’s obvious that at pick 33 we need to take a blocking TE!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 02:55 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Do you guys even watch football?

The Detroit Lions took an in-line TE #8 overall.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 02:55 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Do you guys even watch football?

At Pick 33 at top of 2nd Round.  NO WAY.  TE is a pick for a team already good, not a 2-14 team.  After we get the Superstar QB,  we need a Bell Cow Blocking Tackle to Bookend with hopefully a healthy Williams to Protect the Superstar QB and also make it so Mixon can get yards on good defenses.  WE NEED BLOCKING, and I ain't talking TE.    The WORST O LINE needs a huge upgrade.  Good Young Bookend Tackles would help.  We have one. Go get the other one....and Bengals are worst Defense in NFL against the run.  Get that much needed LB at top of 3. 

The WORST O Line in NFL and the WORST DEFENSE against the run.  It's like they have 2 First Round Picks and then a 2nd Round to start 3.   No reason Bengals can't get the Superstar QB, a Dominate Blocking Tackle, and a Top Talent LB....unless they take a TE which they just don't have that luxury.  A Superstar QB with Mixon,  2 Young Bell Cow Bookend Blocking Tackles, Add a top LB , and the Bengals start becoming an exciting team for the 2020's.  

Maybe in a future draft we can go early on a TE, not this one,  This team was 2-14 and has HUGE, HUGE weaknesses besides TE.  The GOOD NEWS is they have the Top Picks to get QB, O Line Blocking, LB Tackling, and a WR top of 4 like a 3 to help Boyd & Ross get open for QB Superstar.   This is not a year to draft a Gresham or Eifert early, maybe some other year.   I'm HOPEFUL now, but that goes out the window if they don't get QB, OT, LB, WR in first 100 picks of draft.   Yes I do watch football, and Bengals don't score points.  We need an OT to Block for QB and Mixon and THAT will put TOUCHDOWNS on the board.  

Also factor in Dalton and Green are going free agent. You don't replace them by drafting a TE. You get a QB, a WR and in between you get that much needed OT for the QB & Mixon, and that much needed LB . It's time for Bungles to become Bengals and rejoin the NFL. They have the picks to do it. My word, you can get a blocking TE in round 7. We already have TE's. What we don't have is O Line Blocking and LB Tackling. PROTECT THE SUPERSTAR, just as in The Longest Yard. We could have bookend monster OT's. The Bengals 2 Super Bowls were Munoz & Company O Line. We don't have that, but we could.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think you guys missed my sarcasm - we took Sample in the second last year and so far that hasn’t panned out to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A couple prospects at #33:
Xavier McKinney (DB)
Mekhi Becton (OT)
Hamsah Nasirildeen (DB)
Tyler Johnson (WR)

For those that are unaware who this is:

https://sports.yahoo.com/johnson-lifts-no-16-minnesota-220255801.html

Quote:Tyler Johnson had 12 receptions for 204 yards and two touchdowns Wednesday to become Minnesota’s career receiving leader and propel the 16th-ranked Gophers to a 31-24 victory over No. 9 Auburn in the Outback Bowl.

Johnson broke Eric Decker's school record for receiving yards on his second catch of the day and became Minnesota’s all-time leader for scoring receptions on a one-handed, 2-yard TD catch that put the Gophers (11-2) up 24-17 at halftime. His 73-yard catch-and-run put his team ahead for good early in the fourth quarter.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 08:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For those that are unaware who this is:

https://sports.yahoo.com/johnson-lifts-no-16-minnesota-220255801.html

If I remember right he had a huge game against Iowa. I have Jonhson on my list of guys and games to rewatch. I think I have Minny vs Wisconsin Iowa and Penn State recorded.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:15 PM)Synric Wrote: The Detroit Lions took an in-line TE #8 overall.

And that’s why they’re one of the only other franchises as bad as us lol

Reply/Quote
The key to the draft is totally dependent on how active they do in filling holes pre draft day. With the Glenn , Dalton or Green departures money shouldn't be an issue this year. They can't wait and sign more scrubs after they try to fill holes with the draft. Too many holes and too few draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 08:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I can understand some concern.. Burrows was an afterthought 4 months ago as a top tier QB.. but Herbert and Tua were not (granted injury hurt him) but regardless the Bengals need to work the three out (Tua can't go i would pass on him)  and if not much difference between Herbert, i would move back .. get a extra pick and take Herbert.. if Burrows is the winner then take him.. but one great year and a bunch of media hype should not be the deciding factor... if that is the case, if he bombs on the big stage against Clemson should we start to rethink him as #1

Yes! Herbert and another top 15 talent > Burrow
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:16 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Yes! Herbert and another top 15 talent > Burrow

Nope. Especially if the other top 15 talent is a John Ross or Keith Rivers type pick.

I guarantee Burrow would go on to be one of the best young QB’s in the league somewhere else if we’re stupid enough to pass on him.

Herbert only put up 138 yds in the Rose Bowl. That’s like one quarter for Joe Burrow lol

Reply/Quote
I like McKinney or Simmons if they go defense in round 2 or Biadasz Kindley if they go OL. I could see them grabbing Jefferson WR because of the connection with Burrow. Green may be back but Bengals cannot count on him playing through the season.

They need to fix the guard positions for Mixon and Burrow. If Hopkins goes down they are screwed which makes me think that Center from Wisconsin will be the pick in round 2.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A couple prospects at #33:
Xavier McKinney (DB)
Mekhi Becton (OT)
Hamsah Nasirildeen (DB)
Tyler Johnson (WR)

Hamsah is sooooo good.  Hope he goes back to FSU for one more though.  He's a freak athletically and he is all over the field.  He had a couple 20 tackle games this year I believe.  Lays the wood we he gets there.  
Reply/Quote