Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, so Hue Jackson Blasting His Offense For Poor Play Sunday
That is different....I listen more to the coaches......I read in the paper and Hue pretty much says that all the other offensive players have to give McCarron more help. They have to get fired up and bust their humps. They have some tough teams in the play-offs, and if the just play ho hum and half hearted, they aren't going to beat any of these teams in the play-offs. ......So Coach Jackson is getting on his offensive players and saying they need to give 100 % more than what they did Sunday.  They all need to help young McCarron out and bust their tails off.....as Vince Lombardi would say, it's time to dig deeper and give it all...... or go one and done again. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
There was an argument on the radio that he should have let McCarron air it out instead of stepping on the breaks after scoring 24 points. We went on to punt the rest of the game. There was the argument it left him ill prepared to face Denvers number 1 defense. That's on Hue, not the offense.

They also made the argument that we would have lost that game if it wasn't for the 9ers. The blocked field goal helped, but a playoff team would have capitalized on the onside kick blunder. The argument was we can't get in the habit of letting up after scoring 24 points. Championship teams just don't do that. Which I've argued before in the past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:25 PM)kevin Wrote: That is different....I listen more to the coaches......I read in the paper and Hue pretty much says that all the other offensive players have to give McCarron more help. They have to get fired up and bust their humps. They have some tough teams in the play-offs, and if the just play ho hum and half hearted, they aren't going to beat any of these teams in the play-offs. ......So Coach Jackson is getting on his offensive players and saying they need to give 100 % more than what they did Sunday.  They all need to help young McCarron out and bust their tails off.

Good, they need it. Especially the O-line, the O-line specifically needs to give more effort
both in the run game and in pass protection to help out AJM. This is our biggest game of
the year so far and with this win we can get that bye and the #2 seed.

We are going up against maybe the best Defense in the league so our Offense better step
it up and it all starts with the O-line opening up holes in the run game and protecting AJM.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good, they need it. Especially the O-line, the O-line specifically needs to give more effort
both in the run game and in pass protection to help out AJM. This is our biggest game of
the year so far and with this win we can get that bye and the #2 seed.

We are going up against maybe the best Defense in the league so our Offense better step
it up and it all starts with the O-line opening up holes in the run game and protecting AJM.

The OLine got abused Sunday.  Bodine was a turnstile.  And Denver's D will be fired up to avenge last year.  Running yards will be tough to come by again this week.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
OLine was abused for sure that is what happen with the Running game... AJ McCarron played wonderful for the lines effort...
Reply/Quote
and the teams we might face in the play-offs are Houston who beat us....Steelers maybe, who we split with...Jets maybe....Raiders maybe....Chiefs maybe..... Indy maybe....Denver and New England.....and Hue is right, it is time to step it up and get into Play-Off Mode. ...Our running game stinks, and I was positive that would be a strong area before the season. Hill and Gio need to do a lot more in the play-offs. If we can't gain rushing yards in the play-offs, we have no chance no matter who our QB is. 

At Denver is a good test against a play-off team....the 2 top defenses in the NFL.....Denver is pretty much in the play-offs, and the type team we have to beat in the play-offs.  There will be no easy games in the play-offs, there never are.  Win or Lose, I want to see a better effort out of our running game this week, even if it is against the tough Denver defense. 

A win this week would be huge, giving us a bye week to get players healthy and give McCarron an extra week of practice.....I'm not counting on Dalton back, but they are playing his injury close to the vest, which is a smart move by the coaches. ...If Dalton can come back, well, it gives an extra week to see if he can in practice....
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:42 PM)McC Wrote: The OLine got abused Sunday.  Bodine was a turnstile.  And Denver's D will be fired up to avenge last year.  Running yards will be tough to come by again this week.

True, amazing AJM played as well as he did considering that terrible play on the O-line's part.

The thing that keeps me optimistic is that we have seen the O-line play very good this season at times.

It is not like they cannot play great, the effort just needs to be there. Now is not the time to quit, it is
time to give it all you got. We are going to have to atleast use the run game to keep the Broncos Defense
honest and then we need to beat them deep with PA. They have backup Safeties back there.

That is the Broncos weakness, on the back end. Need to give AJM time to hit Green and MLJ deep.
Reply/Quote
Denver is going to be fired up because they are playing for their playoff lives. They can be out all together. The Bengals are in. It's going to be hard to match their intensity (desperation).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Denver is going to be fired up because they are playing for their playoff lives. They can be out all together. The Bengals are in. It's going to be hard to match their intensity (desperation).

The idea of 5 straight one and done's should have Bengals FIRED UP....I know those players want that Bengals Can't Win In Play-Off monkey off their backs....The Bengals should be ticked off  over hearing that over and over.......Hue is calling it straight, they have to try a lot harder, dig deep down and give the extra effort all game long to make The Super Bowl.  The Lombardi Trophy is won by Hard Work and Extra Effort. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 05:02 PM)kevin Wrote: The idea of 5 straight one and done's should have Bengals FIRED UP....I know those players want that Bengals Can't Win In Play-Off monkey off their backs....The Bengals should be ticked off  over hearing that over and over.......Hue is calling it straight, they have to try a lot harder, dig deep down and give the extra effort all game long to make The Super Bowl.  The Lombardi Trophy is won by Hard Work and Extra Effort. 

Most definately.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Most definately.

Who could possibly fail in the playoffs this year?

Patriots = mad they got caught deflating, need to prove they can win without it
Bengals = mad about 4-straight one-n-dones
Broncos = mad they haven't won it all since Elway and mad Peyton is falling apart
Steelers = mad they haven't won since being Tebowed in 2012
Chiefs = mad they haven't won the Super Bowl since the 60s
Texans = mad they haven't ever had a good QB

Panthers = mad they keep getting doubted despite being 158-0 this season
Cardinals = mad they lost Carson last year and the Honey Badger this year
Packers = mad they were counted out halfway through the season
Redskins = mad they blew 100 picks on RGIII and are having more success with some dude no one wanted
Seahawks = mad they were counted out halfway through the season
Vikings = mad they are 0-5 in the Super Bowl

Everyone is so mad I think the playoffs may just explode this year.
Reply/Quote
I say the Bengals bring in a Baseball bat, seemed to have worked for Carolina.. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:25 PM)kevin Wrote: That is different....I listen more to the coaches......I read in the paper and Hue pretty much says that all the other offensive players have to give McCarron more help. They have to get fired up and bust their humps. They have some tough teams in the play-offs, and if the just play ho hum and half hearted, they aren't going to beat any of these teams in the play-offs. ......So Coach Jackson is getting on his offensive players and saying they need to give 100 % more than what they did Sunday.  They all need to help young McCarron out and bust their tails off.....as Vince Lombardi would say, it's time to dig deeper and give it all...... or go one and done again. 

I can't believe he has to get them fired up!  What the heck is going on?  
Reply/Quote
Hue's pushing their buttons & he's right. Time to step it up.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 07:24 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I can't believe he has to get them fired up!  What the heck is going on?  

Maybe they're just tired.  Or, maybe they were just still depressed over losing Andy?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:25 PM)kevin Wrote: That is different....I listen more to the coaches......I read in the paper and Hue pretty much says that all the other offensive players have to give McCarron more help. They have to get fired up and bust their humps. They have some tough teams in the play-offs, and if the just play ho hum and half hearted, they aren't going to beat any of these teams in the play-offs. ......So Coach Jackson is getting on his offensive players and saying they need to give 100 % more than what they did Sunday.  They all need to help young McCarron out and bust their tails off.....as Vince Lombardi would say, it's time to dig deeper and give it all...... or go one and done again. 

I guess Hue was saying exactly what you were complaining about on another thread with the OL performance on Sunday....well you should tell Hue that he should be happy we won and not be a grinch!  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe they're just tired.  Or, maybe they were just still depressed over losing Andy?

Or maybe they don't like McCarron?  I figured that Tom Brady comparison might not go over well.  Instead of saying he's there to take care of the team til Andy can come back, he ends up talking about the Brady/Bledsoe thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who could possibly fail in the playoffs this year?

Patriots = mad they got caught deflating, need to prove they can win without it
Bengals = mad about 4-straight one-n-dones
Broncos = mad they haven't won it all since Elway and mad Peyton is falling apart
Steelers = mad they haven't won since being Tebowed in 2012
Chiefs = mad they haven't won the Super Bowl since the 60s
Texans = mad they haven't ever had a good QB

Panthers = mad they keep getting doubted despite being 158-0 this season
Cardinals = mad they lost Carson last year and the Honey Badger this year
Packers = mad they were counted out halfway through the season
Redskins = mad they blew 100 picks on RGIII and are having more success with some dude no one wanted
Seahawks = mad they were counted out halfway through the season
Vikings = mad they are 0-5 in the Super Bowl

Everyone is so mad I think the playoffs may just explode this year.

Nice post, made me laugh a bit cause it is true, almost all the Playoff teams have a lot to be mad about.

I don't think all of those teams have been constantly reminded about their ineptness in the Playoffs as much the Bengals though.

Should be some great Playoff games this year no doubt, i just hope we beat the Broncos and get that bye so we got a healthy Dalton.

I like McCarron but Dalton's quick release really helps our O-line. Need that in the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, amazing AJM played as well as he did considering that terrible play on the O-line's part.

The thing that keeps me optimistic is that we have seen the O-line play very good this season at times.

It is not like they cannot play great, the effort just needs to be there. Now is not the time to quit, it is
time to give it all you got. We are going to have to atleast use the run game to keep the Broncos Defense
honest and then we need to beat them deep with PA. They have backup Safeties back there.

That is the Broncos weakness, on the back end. Need to give AJM time to hit Green and MLJ deep.

Rewatched the entire game. The OL was fine. Well, except the center but that's nothing new. 
AJM was responsible for 3 of the 4 sacks given up. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:02 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Or maybe they don't like McCarron?  I figured that Tom Brady comparison might not go over well.  Instead of saying he's there to take care of the team til Andy can come back, he ends up talking about the Brady/Bledsoe thing.

Good point 
Reply/Quote