Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL Shaq Calhoun waived
Shaq Calhoun is gone and G Keaton Sutherland signed to active squad. Calhoun likely to replace him on PS unless claimed on waivers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So no Redmond?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: So no Redmond?

who knows.  Redmond may still happen.  They still have an extra kicker to waive for the position spot.  Just seems weird he said Redmond then an hour late promoted Keaton Sutherland

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:50 PM)pally Wrote: who knows.  Redmond may still happen.  They still have an extra kicker to waive for the position spot.  Just seems weird he said Redmond then an hour late promoted Keaton Sutherland

Right. We'll see. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:50 PM)pally Wrote: who knows.  Redmond may still happen.  They still have an extra kicker to waive for the position spot.  Just seems weird he said Redmond then an hour late promoted Keaton Sutherland

They've got to try something, anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:46 PM)pally Wrote: Shaq Calhoun is gone and G Keaton Sutherland signed to active squad.  Calhoun likely to replace him on PS unless claimed on waivers

Our oline prayers have been answered! Ninja
Reply/Quote
How shitty do you feel about your skills when you look at that BS we've trotted out at RG and you get waived?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Wow, he must’ve been really bad.
Reply/Quote
Get em in here
Reply/Quote
Who evaluates all thos talent for the Bengals? They need to be checked for dementia...
Reply/Quote
They just keep rotating guys in and out at RG.But it’s not just the RG spot that’s a problem,although it’s getting most of the attention,just watch the rest of the line.Some analysts are calling this the worst O-line in the NFL.This O-line should be better than this.I have to conclude that it is in large part,,,the coaching.At this point,I would have to start by firing the coach.I mean if I’m the HC I’m getting pretty desperate at this point with the thought that I may be in jeopardy of losing my franchise Quarterback.
Reply/Quote
This is just a smoke screen to make it look like they are trying. They know that Sutherland will probably not make much of a difference.
Reply/Quote
Apparently the media was talking to Brian Callahan about Calhoun when the news broke that he was waived. That had to be weird.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:59 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: They just keep rotating guys in and out at RG.But it’s not just the RG spot that’s a problem,although it’s getting most of the attention,just watch the rest of the line.Some analysts are calling this the worst O-line in the NFL.This O-line should be better than this.I have to conclude that it is in large part,,,the coaching.At this point,I would have to start by firing the coach.I mean if I’m the HC I’m getting pretty desperate at this point with the thought that I may be in jeopardy of losing my franchise Quarterback.

In Turner's eyes, RG is the only problem.
He stands by his guys Jordan and Hart, so those positions are solidified to him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:59 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: They just keep rotating guys in and out at RG.But it’s not just the RG spot that’s a problem,although it’s getting most of the attention,just watch the rest of the line.Some analysts are calling this the worst O-line in the NFL.This O-line should be better than this.I have to conclude that it is in large part,,,the coaching.At this point,I would have to start by firing the coach.I mean if I’m the HC I’m getting pretty desperate at this point with the thought that I may be in jeopardy of losing my franchise Quarterback.

Its a nasty blend of bad talent evaluation, bad drafting and bad coaching.  If you look at the Ravens O Line its a blend of mid rounders and a FA or 2 for the most part..I think the only #1  or 2 is Orlando Brown. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:19 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Its a nasty blend of bad talent evaluation, bad drafting and bad coaching.  If you look at the Ravens O Line its a blend of mid rounders and a FA or 2 for the most part..I think the only #1  or 2 is Orlando Brown. 

It's amazing what having a full scouting department can do for a team.

Lots of teams around the leagues have good O-line guys that are later round guys or UDFA. Just have to have scouts that can see a guy who fits into the scheme that the team runs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:46 PM)pally Wrote: G Keaton Sutherland signed to active squad. 
The actor?

He was great in The Lost Boys. Didn't even know he played football.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The actor?

He was great in The Lost Boys.  Didn't even know he played football.

That's keifer.

Who would still be better than most guys on this line. He always stopped at least one disaster every 24 hours.
Reply/Quote