Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OL guru believes answer to the unit is already on the roster
(09-19-2020, 04:43 PM)P W Wrote: I've seen a couple of people try to say how Hart was better in game 2. And he was, however  - only because he was so damned bad in game 1. He still wasn't good in game 2. And he was still making bad mental mistakes. Taking plays off. Etc.

Here are two example plays from the Browns game:

https://twitter.com/BrazyBengal/status/1307060558974382081

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFSSLLCHnpq/?igshid=ua7dh7ysxh8l

You have your pm messages blocked for incoming
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:17 PM)McC Wrote: I think it might be Price you're talking about.  I read he was supposed to start but tweaked his ankle.

Yep, that's what I was talking about, Price. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You have your pm messages blocked for incoming

thanks, fixed that
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: That draft set this team back years....and then the Billy Price whiff just compounded it.

Don't forget though that Detroit traded up to get in front of the Bengals to grab Ragnow. Perhaps the Bengals wanted him instead? Ragnow is doing pretty well. 

**** you Detroit. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:25 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I think he was originally supposed to start at RG against the Browns but tweaked his ankle or something this past week? Not enough that it was on the DNP injury report or anything but that there were concerns. I could be wrong but I thought I heard that on one of the Bengals podcasts.

Well, that at least provides some insight.  Thanks, I hadn't heard that...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 01:28 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Don't forget though that Detroit traded up to get in front of the Bengals to grab Ragnow. Perhaps the Bengals wanted him instead? Ragnow is doing pretty well. 

**** you Detroit. 

That’s the danger with trading back. You risk missing the guys you really wanted. Which we did.

Reply/Quote
Since the coaches are dead set on Hart being a starter, why not kick him down to RG. He’s a better run blocker than pass blocker, seems like OG would be a more natural fit. Then put Adeniji at RT.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s definitely part of why we keep falling for all the DL hype every year.

Players that are super good in college does not mean they will be anything in the NFL. Its a completely different animal .Billy Price is nothing more than a backup for a few snaps,he cannot stay healthy.Jonah Williams is not the answer as a starting left tackle,dude got beat all game and also allowed our qb to get sacked in both games,this O-line needs help and I think it starts with the O line coach,jim turner needs to go.There has to be a better coach out there sitting on his couch.We lose this coming week and this team will deplode.BOTH  lines needs help,with atkins and daniels both out this d line grades out as c- and the o-line has major issues,so far Burrow has been running for his life both games,we are in serious trouble. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 01:00 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Players that are super good in college does not mean they will be anything in the NFL. Its a completely different animal .Billy Price is nothing more than a backup for a few snaps,he cannot stay healthy. Jonah Williams is not the answer as a starting left tackle, dude got beat all game and also allowed our qb to get sacked in both games,this O-line needs help and I think it starts with the O line coach,jim turner needs to go.There has to be a better coach out there sitting on his couch.We lose this coming week and this team will deplode.BOTH  lines needs help,with atkins and daniels both out this d line grades out as c- and the o-line has major issues,so far Burrow has been running for his life both games,we are in serious trouble. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

Ridiculous overreaction here. It’s been TWO games, and he didn’t play all last year. He’s had flashes like when he blocked 2 Browns on the same play where he looked like a stud LT.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 01:28 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Don't forget though that Detroit traded up to get in front of the Bengals to grab Ragnow. Perhaps the Bengals wanted him instead? Ragnow is doing pretty well. 

**** you Detroit. 

I don't believe they did
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 09:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did he ever play any RG in college?

Nope! But turned heads playing G at the senior bowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We had good OL’s here for years here under Marvin and Alexander. It really is weird how it could just completely fall off a cliff like it did.

Alexander was the one pounding on the table demanding Fisher and Ougibu to be draft. That action alone is enough to have his butt canned with the fact he never coached them up. Alexander wasn’t a good o-line coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 03:15 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Alexander was the one pounding on the table demanding Fisher and Ougibu to be draft. That action alone is enough to have his butt canned with the fact he never coached them up. Alexander wasn’t a good o-line coach.

He actually was for many years. If we blame him for Ogbuehi and Fisher (fair) then we also have to give him credit for Whit, Wllie, etc.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: They let it happen too. Remember the last few years of the Palmer tenure? When Bobbie, Big Willie, Levi, Steiny left, they replaced them with scrubs too. The likes of Nate Livings, Kyle Cook (decent a year or two), Dennis Roland, etc. It's like they hit Black Jack, then forget how to bet for 5 or 6 years. Those lines weren't this bad, but they were pretty shitty.

Actually the Bengals used multiple high draft picks to try and replace those guys.

2nd rd pick On Whit in '06 (every starter on the O-line was due to be a free agent in '06.  The Bengals resigned Bobbie Williams and Rich Brahma at reasonable price then made Willie Andrews and Levi Jones the highest paid OT duo in the league.  They just could not afford to keep Steinbach when the Browns made him one of the highest paid OGs in the league)

1st round pick on Andre Smith in '09.

1st round pick on Zeitler in '12.

1st and 2nd round picks on Ogbuehi and Fisher in '15

Traded for 8th highest paid OT in the league in '18

1st round pick on Price in '18

1st round pick on Williams in '19
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 12:03 PM)lone bengal Wrote: It’s just brutal even if some of those early picks could have been somewhat serviceable it would have helped. But some of these players can’t even be average or just below ,there just horrific. .

This times 100.

It is one thing to use a first round pick on a guy who is just an average starter.  It is another to use them on guys who just suck.

I remember when we drafted Price.  I thought he might have been a reach, but we really needed a center.  I thought he might never be a Pro Bowler like you want to get with first round picks.  But I thought he would at least be a decent starter.

And fans called it "overkill" when we used our first and second round picks on O-line, but we got nothing from either of them.  How often does something like that happen?  That was an epic fail even by Bengal standards.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 03:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He actually was for many years. If we blame him for Ogbuehi and Fisher (fair) then we also have to give him credit for Whit, Wllie, etc.

Question: How long did he last with Dallas?
Answer: Didn’t go past game 8.

Good coaches adapt Alexander never did. Alexander was around during the lost decade with crappy lines. IMO the crappy line play was one of the reasons for the lost decade. Alexander was never held accountable and was on the gravy train. He sucked as a line coach which s evident why he isn’t in the league today. Matter of fact I could make a great case he is the reason behind the crappy line play today. That draft with Obi and Fisher devastated the line for the future. The guy is a jack ass

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 07:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Question: How long did he last with Dallas?
Answer: Didn’t go past game 8.

Good coaches adapt Alexander never did. Alexander was around during the lost decade with crappy lines. IMO the crappy line play was one of the reasons for the lost decade. Alexander was never held accountable and was on the gravy train. He sucked as a line coach which s evident why he isn’t in the league today. Matter of fact I could make a great case he is the reason behind the crappy line play today. That draft with Obi and Fisher devastated the line for the future. The guy is a jack ass

Sometimes the game can just pass a coach by. But we did have some really good OL’s at times during his tenure here, and he was a well respected coach around the league. Which is why he got the job Dallas in the first place.

Pollack is a good OL coach and he picked Billy Price, who’s competing with Ross for our biggest bust currently on the team. Everyone has misses. Alexander’s just happened to be bad enough to set us back for years, and start the rift between the team and one of the best players we ever had in Whit. I still remember how pissed he was during the 2016 draft.

Reply/Quote
Worth noting that John Miller, the guy they cut, has a 67.7 PFF rating right now.
69.0 pass block, 64.4 run block.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 03:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He actually was for many years. If we blame him for Ogbuehi and Fisher (fair) then we also have to give him credit for Whit, Wllie, etc.

He was, but the game evolved and he didn't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 07:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Worth noting that John Miller, the guy they cut, has a 67.7 PFF rating right now.
69.0 pass block, 64.4 run block.

How pathetic is it that we’re lamenting the loss of a mediocre OG with those kind of numbers...

Reply/Quote