Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would trade 5th pick to Cowboys
If the Cowboys offered Zach Martin and the #10 overall for our 5th pick I would you make that trade. Would You?

He is ranked the 2nd best Guard according to PFF.
Reply/Quote
No, just because I don't see the value in taking on that contract being equal to draft pick compensation.

If you want a great guard you can just buy one. We could have paid someone like Thuney, and there would have been no cost outside of money.

I'm not opposed to trading down, but I'd want additional picks. Rookie contracts are like gold now. I'd much rather have two 2nd rounders from Dallas to move from 5 to 10 than to take on Martin at the 60 million bucks or whatever he is owed over the next 4 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:23 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: If the Cowboys offered Zach Martin and the #10 overall for our 5th pick I would you make that trade. Would You?

Yes, I would do that and then try and trade back again to get more 2nd & 3rd rounders. Then I would take Terrace Marshall and load up on O line & defense. Or sneak in a high pick on a RB for a running mate to Mixon.

I wouldn't worry about the money because the cap will go through the roof over the next few years due to the new TV contract. Martin's contract will be marginalized at that point. That's how the Cheifs can afford Thuney. They are paying him all of that money in years 2, 3, 4 and guaranteed it. But, the cap will be way higher by then.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No, just because I don't see the value in taking on that contract being equal to draft pick compensation.

If you want a great guard you can just buy one.  We could have paid someone like Thuney, and there would have been no cost outside of money.

I'm not opposed to trading down, but I'd want additional picks.  Rookie contracts are like gold now.  I'd much rather have two 2nd rounders from Dallas to move from 5 to 10 than to take on Martin at the 60 million bucks or whatever he is owed over the next 4 seasons.

I see your point and agree high picks are like gold.
His contract is not so bad because it was front loaded.
I am not sure show much of his bonus we would be responsible for.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I would do the trade just for a second RD pick; 5th to Dallas for 10th & 42nd
I'm not sure about Martins health bat this point + big contract+ age
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:38 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I see your point and agree high picks are like gold.
His contract is not so bad because it was front loaded.
I am not sure show much of his bonus we would be responsible for.

We wouldn’t be responsible for any of the signing bonus. It’s already been paid. So it would be dead money for the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
I probably wouldn’t, but that’s one of the more interesting trade proposals I’ve seen honestly. The only thing that would suck is it would probably take us just out of the range to get Sewell, Chase, or Pitts. The other BPA in that range are probably going to be one of the Alabama WR’s (one with size concerns and the other coming off an injury), and the CB’s like Surtain and Farley. And we just signed like 37 CB’s. Maybe Parsons could be an option there, but going LB in the 1st would be a little disappointing for me. Like Pdub said, trading back again might be an option, but who knows if they could work that. Slater I’d be pretty happy with at 10.

The other thing is why would Dallas trade up anyway? They just locked up Dak, who are they coming up for? Chase or Pitts? I could see Denver being a more likely trading partner, but then we’re doing it for just picks, and not a proven stud like Martin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We wouldn’t be responsible for any of the signing bonus. It’s already been paid. So it would be dead money for the Cowboys.

If that is the case I definitely would do it.

I doubt they could afford to take such a hit.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I probably wouldn’t, but that’s one of the more interesting trade proposals I’ve seen honestly. The only thing that would suck is it would probably take us just out of the range to get Sewell, Chase, or Pitts. The other BPA in that range are probably going to be one of the Alabama WR’s (one with size concerns and the other coming off an injury), and the CB’s like Surtain and Farley. And we just signed like 37 CB’s. Maybe Parsons could be an option there, but going LB in the 1st would be a little disappointing for me. Like Pdub said, trading back again might be an option, but who knows if they could work that. Slater I’d be pretty happy with at 10.

The other thing is why would Dallas trade up anyway? They just locked up Dak, who are they coming up for? Chase or Pitts? I could see Denver being a more likely trading partner, but then we’re doing it for just picks, and not a proven stud like Martin.

According to reports Jerry Jones is obsessed and therefore all in on Kyle Pitts. 
I would trade back a bit more if I could end up with Creed Humphrey and a teams second pick or 2022 first round pick and a 2021 third pick.

If I came out of the draft major upgrades to our Off Line, Josh Palmer (WR) and another 1st round 2022 pick I would be happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I probably wouldn’t, but that’s one of the more interesting trade proposals I’ve seen honestly. The only thing that would suck is it would probably take us just out of the range to get Sewell, Chase, or Pitts. The other BPA in that range are probably going to be one of the Alabama WR’s (one with size concerns and the other coming off an injury), and the CB’s like Surtain and Farley. And we just signed like 37 CB’s. Maybe Parsons could be an option there, but going LB in the 1st would be a little disappointing for me. Like Pdub said, trading back again might be an option, but who knows if they could work that. Slater I’d be pretty happy with at 10.

Appearantly Jerry Jones loves Pitts. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yes I would do it, but why would the Cowboys trade a sure-fire Hall of Famer to move up 5 spots? Before last year he was 6/6 on being 1st or 2nd team All-Pro each year in his career. Last year was the first time he had ever missed a game. He has a cap hit under $10m this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 11:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes I would do it, but why would the Cowboys trade a sure-fire Hall of Famer to move up 5 spots? Before last year he was 6/6 on being 1st or 2nd team All-Pro each year in his career. Last year was the first time he had ever missed a game. He has a cap hit under $10m this year.

Yeah, I didn’t realize he’s only 30, too. Feels like he’s been around forever.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  I could see Denver being a more likely trading partner,

Beat me to it.

At #9 we get Darrisaw, Slater, or one of the Bama WRs.

According to the draft pick value charts we would only get a 2nd round pick to drop from #5 to #9, but since Denver would be moving up to grab a QB we could probably get a lot more.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 11:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes I would do it, but why would the Cowboys trade a sure-fire Hall of Famer to move up 5 spots? 

And you beat me to my second point.

Dallas would not do this trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Beat me to it.

At #9 we get Darrisaw, Slater, or one of the Bama WRs.

According to the draft pick value charts we would only get a 2nd round pick to drop from #5 to #9, but since Denver would be moving up to grab a QB we could probably get a lot more.

If we get 9, their 2nd and maybe a 2nd next year is that enough?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:36 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Yes, I would do that and then try and trade back again to get more 2nd & 3rd rounders. Then I would take Terrace Marshall and load up on O line & defense. Or sneak in a high pick on a RB for a running mate to Mixon.

I wouldn't worry about the money because the cap will go through the roof over the next few years due to the new TV contract. Martin's contract will be marginalized at that point. That's how the Cheifs can afford Thuney. They are paying him all of that money in years 2, 3, 4 and guaranteed it. But, the cap will be way higher by then.

Trading back twice is an interesting option. We could land Slater or maybe Bateman in the first. It would be nice to have 2 second round picks and 2 or 3 third round picks though. Maybe more. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:11 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If we get 9, their 2nd and maybe a 2nd next year is that enough?

It is hard to say.  Teams sometimes go crazy trying to land a QB or any prospect they really fall in love with.

Given all the holes in our roster I would take two second round picks to just drop 4 spots.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:23 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: If the Cowboys offered Zach Martin and the #10 overall for our 5th pick I would you make that trade. Would You?

1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush... Take the sure thing get an extra pick in the second  Sure it can work
Reply/Quote