Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of honor
Just goes to show the Bengals had some pretty good players through history. Wish they got more national respect.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 09:08 PM)Destro Wrote: Just goes to show the Bengals had some pretty good players through history. Wish they got more national respect.

I agree. Being a smaller market team always kept the media away. We've had some great players over the years. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure what you mean by padded their HOF after Bengals with Dillion.. he actually did the opposite of Johnson.. he went to NE and had a great season.. Chad went to NE and sucked... Dillion is more HOF than Chad.. oh accept for the dumb HOF jacket Chad wore... lol

Why so touchy?  The topic is who goes in the Bengals Ring of Honor.  That's first and foremost about their career as a Bengal. Given the way he left, it's a mark of respect to suggest him for any kind of honor from the Bengals.

The first group I listed "have a reasonable claim for being worthy of the Pro Football HOF."  I don't think anyone can argue that Chad doesn't have a reasonable claim.   Even if he never makes it, his accomplishments are on par with players already in the Hall and he accumulated nearly all of those stats with the Bengals.  A key point when we're talking about the Bengals Ring of Honor.

And yes, he probably owes his stupid shenanigans and lack of focus for not having a longer career that could have taken him from "a reasonable claim" to a first ballot inductee.

Corey Dillon has "a reasonable claim for being worthy of the Pro Football HOF."  But probably not based on his career with the Bengals alone.  Without his career season as a Patriot and a Super Bowl Ring he's probably not in the HOF conversation much at all. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: but your ok with a wife beater in Chad ?? but pissed at Anderson.. makes little sense

(04-09-2021, 09:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I put Anderson and Riley in.. My next tier based on performance and time period is:

Curtis:  dominate in 70s.. no player I know in Bengals history created a new rule because of them
W. Anderson-  another dominate player during the lost decade for Bengals
Parrish:  made up a great tandem with Riley and was a great returner
Dillion:  jerk at times as a player.. but name a player that put up those numbers with one of the worst NFL decade teams in history.

There's something you should know about Dillon...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 06:35 PM)wanga Wrote: This is such great news but why it’s taken this long is such a mystery.

According to Elizabeth, MB wanted more than just a wall of names, something to honor the players that was more than a ring. I think he is stung (as we all are) by the HOF's obvious decision to never induct any Bengals players. She said he wanted something better for them, and it was probably analysis paralysis in that he couldn't come up with anything.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote