Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of honor
(04-09-2021, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Per the Bengals, they are focused on guys who have franchise records and/or been elected to HoF.
Given Dunlap didn't get the franchise record in sacks, he's probably not going to be selected, at least for a while. He also has to retire, which is a requirement of the RoH.

Dunlap is the Bengals all-time leader in sacks with 82.5

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/career-defense.htm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Between the guys you and ochocincos list, I'd add:

Willie Anderson
Andrew Whitworth
Carlos Dunlap - I know it didn't end well, but he's deserving (all-time leader in sacks) and we should eventually forgive the dude
Tim Krumrie
Lemar Parrish
Isaac Curtis

And I'm probably leaving out a guy or two. I'm not saying we should lump all these guys in right away, but they should all be on a Bengals ROH.

Katie's daughter is pushing all these changes?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages...f=1&nofb=1]

I'd want Carlos in myself, but I don't know if that happens now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 06:28 PM)jason Wrote: I'd want Carlos in myself, but I don't know if that happens now.

Time heals all wounds. Except in Cincinnati. Them dudes never forget. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 05:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dunno.
McGee and Ross are 3rd and 4th in receiving yards by TEs for Bengals.
First is Trumpy with 4600 yards, followed by Holman at 4329 yards.
Trumpy and Holman are also first and second in TDs by TEs.

I knew I missed something. I forgot Holman. That's who I wanted before Ross.

Didn't know Trumpy was #1 still. Guess he should be up in the ROH too.

On a related note, do the Bengals have great players worthy of the ROH at every position? Not that they need to, just wondering as I was thinking about Takeo Spikes for some reason, and said to myself that he would probably have been the best LB (a true lb non pass rushing type) the Bengals ever had if he finished his while career here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is such great news but why it’s taken this long is such a mystery.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 02:18 PM)Roland Wrote: It will be interesting to see how exclusive the Bengals want this club to be.  Four inductees makes sense in the first year or two because there's a lot of time to make up for.  But unless you want to fill the whole ring pretty quickly it seems like you have to scale back to one or two a year.

The Bengals have a FAQ that says a little about this.  

https://www.bengals.com/team/ring-of-honor/faq

So besides Brown and Munoz, the initial inductees should have a reasonable claim for being worthy of the Pro Football HOF.  That's:

Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Willie Anderson
Chad Johnson

If you include players who padded out their HOF credentials with other teams then add Corey Dillon.  

Then I think you start adding in people who had great careers with the Bengals who would probably be getting more of a HOF look if the Bengals could have just scored a Super Bowl win.

Sam Wyche
Boomer Esiason
Isaac Curtis
Lemar Parrish

Then you can add some people who are special to the team and its fans.

Forrest Greg
Bob Trumpy
Chris Collinsworth
Tim Krumrie
Reggie Williams
David Fulcher
Max Montoya
Dave Lapham

Not sure what you mean by padded their HOF after Bengals with Dillion.. he actually did the opposite of Johnson.. he went to NE and had a great season.. Chad went to NE and sucked... Dillion is more HOF than Chad.. oh accept for the dumb HOF jacket Chad wore... lol
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:37 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I am voting for Chad & Ken Riley.

The 2 QBs not only lost their big chances, but I always viewed Boomer as a whiney crybaby and Ken Anderson went to the enemy and helped coach the Rapist. Not saying they shouldn't get in... eventually. Just saying that those two can wait it out and sweat a little.

but your ok with a wife beater in Chad ?? but pissed at Anderson.. makes little sense
Reply/Quote
I put Anderson and Riley in.. My next tier based on performance and time period is:

Curtis: dominate in 70s.. no player I know in Bengals history created a new rule because of them
W. Anderson- another dominate player during the lost decade for Bengals
Parrish: made up a great tandem with Riley and was a great returner
Dillion: jerk at times as a player.. but name a player that put up those numbers with one of the worst NFL decade teams in history.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 06:35 PM)wanga Wrote: This is such great news but why it’s taken this long is such a mystery.

does it really matter.. the past is not the present
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: but your ok with a wife beater in Chad ?? but pissed at Anderson.. makes little sense

I read somewhere that it doesn't really matter.. the past is not the present.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 06:28 PM)jason Wrote: I'd want Carlos in myself, but I don't know if that happens now.

(04-09-2021, 06:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Time heals all wounds. Except in Cincinnati. Them dudes never forget. Mellow

He has no ill will towards the organisation; he doesn't like Lou.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 05:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dunno.
McGee and Ross are 3rd and 4th in receiving yards by TEs for Bengals.
First is Trumpy with 4600 yards, followed by Holman at 4329 yards.
Trumpy and Holman are also first and second in TDs by TEs.

Trumpy is the only one that's deserving. He was comparable to his peers and he was better than them all with a 15.4 ypc average for his career. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: does it really matter.. the past is not the present

True. But the present is the past. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 11:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He has no ill will towards the organisation; he doesn't like Lou.

Many of us don't.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 11:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. But the present is the past. 

Correct.  Today is tomorrow's yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Sam Wyche is an interesting candidate.

Everyone respects him for his innovation of the no-huddle offense, but his record is not really that impressive.  He only had 3 winning seasons in 8 years as our head coach and just made the playoffs twice.  He only made the playoffs twice and has a losing record overall (61-66) but he did win an AFC Championship.

But I think most fans would vote him in mainly because of his big personality.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sam Wyche is an interesting candidate.

Everyone respects him for his innovation of the no-huddle offense, but his record is not really that impressive.  He only had 3 winning seasons in 8 years as our head coach and just made the playoffs twice.  He only made the playoffs twice and has a losing record overall (61-66) but he did win an AFC Championship.

I think he deserves  to be in. He accomplished what Marvin Lewis and Paul Brown couldnt do. And thats get the Bengals to 
The Super Bowl. 
Regular season wins are certinally accomplishments
But getting to the SB is the rarest of team accomplishments
In the NFL.
To this day the Browns Jags Lions have still not done it.

Sam was a darn good coach. Innovative, the players loved
To play for him. Went to the playoffs in back to back years
I think...I could be wrong.
Sam is criminally under rated. 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 11:11 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I think he deserves  to be in. He accomplished what Marvin Lewis and Paul Brown couldnt do. And thats get the Bengals to 
The Super Bowl. 
Regular season wins are certinally accomplishments
But getting to the SB is the rarest of team accomplishments
In the NFL.
To this day the Browns Jags Lions have still not done it.

Sam was a darn good coach. Innovative, the players loved
To play for him. Went to the playoffs in back to back years
I think...I could be wrong.
Sam is criminally under rated. 

I am pretty sure most fans agree with you.  And since this is based on fan voting I think Wyche will get in pretty quickly.

I loved Wyche also.  I'd vote for him in the Ring of Honor.  Just pointing out that his record is not as good as a lot of people think.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sam Wyche is an interesting candidate.

I think most people are aware of his overall mediocre record.

Some guys are just icons though. Sam fits that bill with the Super Bowl run, his innovation, and "You don't live in Cleveland".

Those things alone make him worthy, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Correct.  Today is tomorrow's yesterday.

Exactamundo.

Reply/Quote