Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of honor
https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/1380143390474575876?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to vote for Dan Coates and Eric Ghiaciuc.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:04 AM)sloSTI Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/1380143390474575876?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

First two members of the inaugural class - Anthony Munoz and Paul Brown. They are automatically inducted, no voting.
Looks like Boomer, Chad, Kenny Anderson, Ken Riley are nominees for this inaugural class, as they are in the RoH video.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Old School here. I'm voting for the Kens.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:23 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Old School here.  I'm voting for the Kens.

Ditto.  Both overdue for a higher honor.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: First two members of the inaugural class - Anthony Munoz and Paul Brown. They are automatically inducted, no voting.
Looks like Boomer, Chad, Kenny Anderson, Ken Riley are nominees for this inaugural class, as they are in the RoH video.

I see no point in excluding any of those guys from the inaugural class. Do other teams vote on this kind of thing? That seems sorta silly to me. The ring of honor should just be no brainers, and sorta exclusive. To me it's those guys, Corey Dillon, and nobody else til Geno and AJ Green retire.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We are late to the party honoring our past greats, but glad they did it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I was driving when I posted this, sorry if I didn't post the correct link or anything. I think I seen only season ticket holders to get to vote for upcoming people unless I read it wrong
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:30 AM)jason Wrote: I see no point in excluding any of those guys from the inaugural class. Do other teams vote on this kind of thing?  That seems sorta silly to me. The ring of honor should just be no brainers, and sorta exclusive. To me it's those guys, Corey Dillon, and nobody else til Geno and AJ Green retire.

no Willie Anderson?  Isaac Curtis?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:47 AM)pally Wrote: no Willie Anderson?  Isaac Curtis?

It's reasonable to think they don't want to front-load all the guys all at once.
They can make a yearly event out of this and induct a few people each time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:47 AM)pally Wrote: no Willie Anderson?  Isaac Curtis?

Curtis for sure. Probably Willie too. They sorta slipped my mind. I think it should be reserved for the best of the best though. Not the Ring of Pretty Good. I have a ton of favorites, I'm just not sure they should really be in it though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Glad to see ownership finally doing this. Some tough decisions on who to induct these first few years. Hopefully the season ticket holders vote in some of the older guys first while they are still with us.
Reply/Quote
Well.... it's about time.
Reply/Quote
David Fulcher?

Gotta have some defensive guys and I loved the way Fulcher played.
Reply/Quote
Has to be Anderson and Riley
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:30 AM)jason Wrote: I see no point in excluding any of those guys from the inaugural class. Do other teams vote on this kind of thing?  That seems sorta silly to me. The ring of honor should just be no brainers, and sorta exclusive. To me it's those guys, Corey Dillon, and nobody else til Geno and AJ Green retire.

You spelled Sam Wyche wrong. Cool

I agree with those cats though. I'd wager they're voting to engage fans.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think the two Ken's should be the first in, no doubt.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Kevin Kaesviharn finally going to have his day
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:08 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Glad to see ownership finally doing this. Some tough decisions on who to induct these first few years. Hopefully the season ticket holders vote in some of the older guys first while they are still with us.

I'm on it.  A shame that it will be posthumous for the Rattler.

PS I'm an older fan -- glad they are doing this while I'm still with us.
Reply/Quote