Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OLine Help for Joey!!!
So if we signed a T like Taylor Moton would we still draft Sewell if he was there and move Jonah Wililams inside? Or draft Ja'marr Chase at 5 and hit some guards in 2nd/3rd round?
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 06:32 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: So if we signed a T like Taylor Moton would we still draft Sewell if he was there and move Jonah Wililams inside? Or draft Ja'marr Chase at 5 and hit some guards in 2nd/3rd round?

I would draft Sewell if he was there no matter what and yeah, move Jonah inside where he is a fit with his shorter arms.

I love Chase if Sewell is not there though. The trenches is where you win games in the end.
Reply/Quote
All I know is we better not hear that douche bag Troy Blackburn dishing out excuses again.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11720383]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 06:32 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: So if we signed a T like Taylor Moton would we still draft Sewell if he was there and move Jonah Wililams inside? Or draft Ja'marr Chase at 5 and hit some guards in 2nd/3rd round?

If we drafted Sewell, i'd move Sewell inside. 

Jonah has already shown he can be a good LT, might have durability issues. So if he goes down, Sewell slides out and you keep on going.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we can all agree the Bengals need to spend money on a good proven free agent lineman. Even if we draft Slater or Sewell their unproven rookies who might not pan out. Are two best lineman are Hopkins who's coming off an ACL and Williams who can't stay healthy. Xavier Su'a-filo might be the most overrated player on the roster he was a backup in Dallas, barley played this season , is 30 years old with zero upside and is below average at best and Spain is just average on a good day. I think undervaluing the guard position is outdated , there are a ton of good interior pass rushers and the quickest way to the QB is up the middle. Thuney and Scherff need to be real options, nothing wrong with paying young lineman who are the best at their position. The only free agent tackle that makes sense is Morton. I feel like 32 year old tackles like Williams don't make sense for a rebuilding team.
Reply/Quote
I'm just curious why everyone thinks Taylor Moton is going to be available? I can't picture the Panthers letting him go.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 04:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm just curious why everyone thinks Taylor Moton is going to be available? I can't picture the Panthers letting him go.

https://catcrave.com/2020/12/06/carolina-panthers-taylor-moton-paid-yet/

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/panthers-have-a-tough-decision-to-make-curtis-samuel-or-taylor-moton

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 02:14 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Read all the comments from everyone on the Paul Dehner Thread where he talks about OL help. It's depressing listening to all the posts from everyone saying they won't do this or won't do that as usual. The Bengals would be absolutely crazy not to protect their #1 asset after what happened this year. 
So, I hope the Bengals prove all the negative folks on here wrong after FA and the Draft. We'll just have to see I guess....

I would be willing to bet anything that the Bengals go hard in Free agency at OLiNe . ....
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 08:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: https://catcrave.com/2020/12/06/carolina-panthers-taylor-moton-paid-yet/

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/panthers-have-a-tough-decision-to-make-curtis-samuel-or-taylor-moton

Let's all be honest here. With the exception of Jonah's upside and youth, and Hopkin's decent grades over the last few years, the Bengals need to invest in upgrades at both guard spots and RT. It's jus that simple. I've been an enabler myself, hoping they could make it work with Jordan's youth, Hart's smarts, etc...But, they are just not quality starters in the NFL. I'm done with those players. Out with HART, REDMOND, PRICE, and they can keep Jordan, Johnson, Xavier, etc... for more development and being backups. We'll find out real quick how Pollack feels about Xavier, since he coached him. 
Also, if any stay, I like Spain the most. He handled himself very well with little time to prepare when he got here. He could compete to be a starter or at worst be a decent backup this year. 

You can't get 3 pro bowl starters though in FA and the Draft. But, they can at least upgrade in 3 spots. 
If they can get 1 solid Top 10 Guard out of FA, and draft a Sewell or Slater in Round 1, or a Jenkins, Cosmi orDavis in the 2nd, etc...for the future, that's a good start. Anything above that is just icing on the cake for all of us fans and organization. 
Reply/Quote
Besides what I want to happen, and even think will happen, I would not be shocked if the Bengals don't go O-line in 1st or even 2nd round. Also would not be shocked if they got a 2nd to 3rd tier O-Line guy in free agency ( people will shine the turd ). As I said, would not be shocked, not making a prediction.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 08:27 AM)Mer Wrote: If they protect Burrow next year and improve the DL, I believe an above. 500 record is very possible. I was going to say playoffs but wasn't there a 10-6 team that missed the playoffs this year?

Protect Burrow and yes I agree. Defense is and will be an issue but the only thing between the Bengals and a top 3 offense is protection. Drafting Chase would make them even better but I prefer linemen in rounds 1 and two barring any major free agent pickups. You can get into the playoffs with a top offense and from there anything can happen.  
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:58 PM)Destro Wrote: Besides what I want to happen, and even think will happen, I would not be shocked if the Bengals don't go O-line in 1st or even 2nd round. Also would not be shocked if they got a 2nd to 3rd tier O-Line guy in free agency ( people will shine the turd ). As I said, would not be shocked, not making a prediction.

Why would you think that? The Bengals have never had a rookie contract Franchise QB before. What's happened in the past is the past. The Browns will have to go hard to improve the OL this year, period! We can just have a gentleman's bet on it and come back after it all goes down. You can bank on at least 1 high end FA Olineman if not 2, and they will draft 2 OL as well.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 01:45 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Why would you think that? The Bengals have never had a rookie contract Franchise QB before. What's happened in the past is the past. The Browns will have to go hard to improve the OL this year, period! We can just have a gentleman's bet on it and come back after it all goes down. You can bank on at least 1 high end FA Olineman if not 2, and they will draft 2 OL as well.  ThumbsUp

As I mentioned twice, I didn't say it was going to happen, just said I would not be shocked if it did. Nothing to bet and have no idea what the Browns have to do with it. Smack
Reply/Quote