Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OMG I love this guy...
(12-26-2021, 07:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Baltimore is looking at that picture and thinking we just got our asses kicked by a 7 year old!

Ha ha. He does look like a grown-up Kevin McAllister with his smile and the red sweatshirt and Santa hat.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/26/joe-burrow-on-late-game-passing-you-play-until-the-final-whistle/

I still have vivid recollection of a Raven's team when Brian Billick was coaching.... up 30-0 and I don't think we gained a 100 yds the whole game.   Was passing every play down field under 2 minutes-- saying his back up needed the practice.
The last team that can gripe about how we handled our last drive is the Baltimore Ravens.
Reply/Quote
This kid is exactly what our franchise needed. Period end of story...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: Too bad Mixon fell down after that catch. I seriously doubt that corner would have dragged him down at that point..

Yea, I wanted him to score, too.  If for no other reason than to get them off the "41 point jinx!"   Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:45 AM)pally Wrote: Cincinnati, both the team and city, needed JoeyB’s personality.  That is why, for me, The whole Burrow/Herbert argument is meaningless.  For this team it is not about their physical ability to play QB.  They both do that excellently.  But, Cincinnati needed Joe’s visible swagger, confidence, never give up attitude. Herbert is perfect for the Chargers who have other players to play that role.  He would have done a great job playing but while still formidable, I don’t think his personality leads itself to putting an entire city on his back like Joe has. Joe has done something I would have thought impossible…he makes his teammates and the city BELIEVE

Great post Pally, so true. He has a way about him that not many QB's have. He already has been making other players in the
NFL take notice and players like DJ Reader and Trey Hendrickson came here because of him. More will follow, our FA will improve
simply cause of Joe Burrow. Sure, we will have to pay out but he is the type of QB where a big FA might take a little less just for 
that shot at a Lombardi. Players aren't stupid, they can see it. The attitude, the swagger, the desire to be perfect in everything he
does etc.
Reply/Quote
I’m still torn on whether the Santa hat or the Krusty Krab sweatshirt was funnier…
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:30 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: I still have vivid recollection of a Raven's team when Brian Billick was coaching.... up 30-0 and I don't think we gained a 100 yds the whole game.   Was passing every play down field under 2 minutes-- saying his back up needed the practice.
The last team that can gripe about how we handled our last drive is the Baltimore Ravens.

Is that the one where he went for two at the end of the game?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Baltimore is looking at that picture and thinking we just got our asses kicked by a 7 year old!

............ Again.........
Reply/Quote