Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OMG, NFL Network already making Bledsoe/Brady comparison
On NFL Network, just now, the Bengals/Steelers highlights were on and it was said clearly, "Out goes Bledsoe, in come Brady."

And McCarron mentioned Brady after the game. Not sure I like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Adding to that are the rebound articles saying the Bengals are still in good shape because Dalton's not a good quarterback, so moving to a backup QB is fine.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: On NFL Network, just now, the Bengals/Steelers highlights were on and it was said clearly, "Out goes Bledsoe, in come Brady."

if he turns out to be the next brady we will like that very much indeed.
Reply/Quote
A *touch* premature, but we can only hope.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Why would you not like what he said? He said Brady had to be ready when his chance came and so does he.... he didn't say he was as good as Brady, just that now is his chance and he has to be ready. Sounds like a perfect statement to me. I'd be more concerned if he said..."Man, I'm not sure I can do this". I want a QB with all the confidence in the world in himself.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would you not like what he said? He said Brady had to be ready when his chance came and so does he.... he didn't say he was as good as Brady, just that now is his chance and he has to be ready. Sounds like a perfect statement to me. I'd be more concerned if he said..."Man, I'm not sure I can do this". I want a QB with all the confidence in the world in himself.

Yep I just can't understand everyone saying he compared him self to Brady. He in no way other circumstances,was the only thing mentioned. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
There is nothing wrong with AJ mentioning Brady. He was just saying he is ready now that his number is called. I LOVE that he is going into this with the mind frame that he is going to SUCCEED! Who doesn't want that in their QB?

As far as the media hype. I love Andy and I think he's done a great job this year. But if you find a QB of Brady's caliber that happens to be sitting on your bench you'd be stupid to not give him the job. These next few weeks are going to prove very interesting!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:24 PM)BengirlVal Wrote: There is nothing wrong with AJ mentioning Brady. He was just saying he is ready now that his number is called. I LOVE that he is going into this with the mind frame that he is going to SUCCEED! Who doesn't want that in their QB?

As far as the media hype. I love Andy and I think he's done a great job this year. But if you find a QB of Brady's caliber that happens to be sitting on your bench you'd be stupid to not give him the job. These next few weeks are going to prove very interesting!

Considering no other QB in recent history is of "Brady-caliber", its pretty safe to assume McCarron won't live up to that expectation.

Not saying I don't hope he does... just being realistic.
Reply/Quote
Great QBs are behind other QBs sometimes.

Rodgers sat behind Favre.

Young sat behind Montana.

Brady sat behind Bledsoe.

The teams usually know when somebody has "it" and when they don't, outsiders aren't always aware. But if AJ is viewed as the guy by the organization, you can bet they've made plans to do something else w/ Andy. And sometimes it takes an injury or a contract renegotiation to open the door for someone to step up.

Nobody knows for sure what AJ will be at this point. He came into a rivalry game and performed very well except for those two INTs. He has 3 games to prove something, maybe more.

Tom Brady didn't match AJ's QB rating until his 4th NFL game. He certainly didn't do it when he walked onto the field vs. the Jets.

Can't people just be happy with the potential? Even if he just throws for 150 yards and the Bengals win 3 in a row, that's a lot better than what most backups would achieve. Look at guys like Schaub and Brandon Weeden. They are just pathetic.
Reply/Quote
I like Andy Dalton and all but wouldn't be the least disappointed if AJ McCarron became anywhere near like Brady and was the starter. But I don't see that happening.
Reply/Quote
This whole thing is kind of silly. Let's make comparisons when there is something to compare to.

Right now McCarron is 0-0 as a starting QB.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Dalton supposed to be the Brady to Palmer's Bledosoe? I wonder who the Brady to AJ's Bledsoe will be? Also, who will be the Brady to AJ's Brady when AJ's Brady becomes the Bledsoe?

Stay tuned!
Reply/Quote
Settle.

It's just ESPN looking for ratings and then more people flooding to their website for clicks.

Dalton was having one of the best years of any quarterback in the league.

I love that AJ has the confidence and I hope that he can get us a bye, but then I fully expect Dalton to pick-up where he left off and start lighting the playoff world on fire.

Just from watching when AJ took over, you can see that he has nowhere near the arm or the intangibles that Dalton has, even though he did play a good game.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 10:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: A *touch* premature, but we can only hope.

Pretty much.

I don't get the drama about it. If he does great, great. If he stinks, he goes back to the bench and hopefully Dalton comes back for the playoffs. It's not a big deal. When Carson went down, it wasn't like anyone expected Kitna to be the permanent QB.
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady is a freak. Think Tiger, LT, MJ, etc.. Guys you know right away by their initials or first name.

Is AJ the next Brady? Zero chance. Could he be an above average pro QB? Perhaps, but even that is unlikely.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 03:18 PM)Utts Wrote: Tom Brady is a freak. Think Tiger, LT, MJ, etc.. Guys you know right away by their initials or first name.

Is AJ the next Brady? Zero chance. Could he be an above average pro QB? Perhaps, but even that is unlikely.

I'm not saying he's the next Brady..

But it's a bit absurd to say he can't be.. let the man believe Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 03:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much.

I don't get the drama about it. If he does great, great. If he stinks, he goes back to the bench and hopefully Dalton comes back for the playoffs. It's not a big deal. When Carson went down, it wasn't like anyone expected Kitna to be the permanent QB.

Exactly.  It's not like anyone cares who gets the Ws.  As you say, if he doesn't do all that hot, well, he's the backup.  I think he'll do well in that role, we can hope that he does great.  Some take offense to this, and yet others have already anointed him as the next Brady....foolishness.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: On NFL Network, just now, the Bengals/Steelers highlights were on and it was said clearly, "Out goes Bledsoe, in come Brady."

He wasn't horrible, but he threw two interceptions so I wouldn't be name dropping Brady just yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 03:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He wasn't horrible, but he threw two interceptions so I wouldn't be name dropping Brady just yet.

It's also just not something you say. Let others say it, but don't say it yourself... I'm guessing other teams want to make him look silly for saying it.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 05:07 PM)gobobro Wrote: It's also just not something you say. Let others say it, but don't say it yourself... I'm guessing other teams want to make him look silly for saying it.

Only thing is he didn't say that. He said the circumstances are the same, never did he say he was like Brady.  Rolleyes
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote