Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG Who Dey
You know how drunk fans at golf tournaments holler "Get in the hole" or "You da man" right after a guy swings?

I'm watching the At&T tournament at Pebble Beach. Spieth tees off on 18 and a fan hollers "Who Dey!"

I didn't trust my ears so I ran it back. Clear as a bell: "WHO DEY!!!!!!"

God, what a great time to be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
I heard it too. My dad and I looked at each other in disbelief. Who Dey indeed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So this is what it feels like? I feel like we just graduated.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Now I am watching the Olympics. Expecting some drunk Chinaman to holler WHO DEY in the middle of ice dancing.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 09:04 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Now I am watching the Olympics.  Expecting some drunk Chinaman to holler WHO DEY in the middle of ice dancing.

The Bengals are  super hot  and a popular team to root for nationwide right now.  How could anyone not like this Burrow dude? If some one had told me this a few years ago, I would have looked around for Rod Serling to appear out of nowhere.
Reply/Quote
Yep I laughed when I heard it. Thank you Mike Brown & Katie Blackburn, Zac Taylor, Duke Tobin, and Joey Franchise. I think that Zac Taylor and Duke Tobin have found a formula working together, the Browns love Zac and more likely to be more responsive to requests, the staff has gained experience, and things look very bright.
Reply/Quote
I'll do it at the Phoenix Waste Management Open this week
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 09:04 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Now I am watching the Olympics.  Expecting some drunk Chinaman to holler WHO DEY in the middle of ice dancing.

Well, it IS Year of the Tiger, so there's that....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Who Dey is catching on all over. I saw where Rams fans were even saying it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
here it is for those who didn't see it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I just watched a video where Corey Chase was in the sauna with her stepson and ended up screaming "Who-Dey!" over and over again.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 09:39 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'll do it at the Phoenix Waste Management Open this week

You could do it on #16!!! Sport a jersey maybe we will see you on TV...
Reply/Quote
US of WhoDey :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK8mfysXoAUtuTv?format=jpg&name=small
Reply/Quote
They are the real underdogs there. Nobody has given them a fighting chance but now they are getting the last laugh.
Reply/Quote
Yes it appears this Bengals team is slowly and surely becoming more and more contagious to everyone.The team sort of just has this unique personality on and off the field that everyone likes.After all,they took down Goliath,(Kansas city Chiefs).Do you realize how many analysts had the Chiefs to advance to,and win the Super Bowl?

There is also a better story behind this Bengals team.How they arose to stardom from underdogs,and the length of time since a playoff win,or Super Bowl appearance.Then of course there’s the story of Joe Burrow and his comeback from serious injury....Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 03:11 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You could do it on #16!!! Sport a jersey maybe we will see you on TV...

Ha, will try
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:49 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Ha, will try

Justin Thomas is a Kentucky dude, he might be wearing a Who-Dey shirt or something.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 05:36 AM)Science Friction Wrote: US of WhoDey :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK8mfysXoAUtuTv?format=jpg&name=small
HilariousHilariousHilarious

"Winning makes believers of us all."  Paul Brown

Plenty of room on the Bengal bandwagon.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 09:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yep I laughed when I heard it. Thank you Mike Brown  & Katie Blackburn, Zac Taylor, Duke Tobin, and Joey Franchise. I think that Zac Taylor and Duke Tobin have found a formula working together, the Browns love Zac and more likely to be more responsive to requests, the staff has gained experience, and things look very bright.

I'm not trying to be that guy here, but I cringe so hard anytime I see someone act like Mike brown had anything at all to do with this seasons success besides just dumb luck! There's a very simple reason the country is falling in love with the Bengals right now...its simply because we're the little underdogs who everyone has always felt sorry for...SIMPLY BECAUSE OF MIKE BROWN!!

I honestly want to think that the reason why we're in the Super Bowl, is because MB finally realized that he had to change how he ran this organization.  But, anyone who thinks that is honestly just lying to themselves! 

If you don't believe me, all that needs to be done to look for yourself at how we still have the smallest scouting department by a massive margin. 

Or, how we currently have millions and millions of unused cap space for this year's team. I believe we're in the bottom 5 of unused cap money for this year, and have the most to spend for next year. How much better could that O-line have been this year, if another 30 or 40 million would have been spent this past off-season? ( full disclosure...I'm not certain what the exact number us for this year. I'm assuming it's near that amount considering next year we will have around 50 mill I believe?)

Or how, the team has to still go to either a local high school,  or University of Cincinnati if the team wants to practice in an indoor practice field.  I honestly still can't believe that a local high school has one, but a NFL team in the same city doesn't!

There's countless more examples,  but I'm tired, and it's late. 

MB is hands down the worst thing that has ever happened to the city of Cincinnati,  and it's surrounding areas! I sincerely hope and pray that when it's time to hamd the Bengals the Lombardi trophy, MB isn't up there to accept it because he fell asleep on the toilet with 5 minutes left in the game and everyone forgot to wake him up! 

One last thing...I want to make it clear that I didn't criticize anyone else that you had listed. Even though I haven't agreed with many of their moves over the years, I sincerely do believe that the incompetence the organization has shown over the past decade that most of them have been involved with is for the most part, not due to them.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:25 AM)jace4655 Wrote: I'm not trying to be that guy here, but I cringe so hard anytime I see someone act like Mike brown had anything at all to do with this seasons success besides just dumb luck! There's a very simple reason the country is falling in love with the Bengals right now...its simply because we're the little underdogs who everyone has always felt sorry for...SIMPLY BECAUSE OF MIKE BROWN!!

I honestly want to think that the reason why we're in the Super Bowl, is because MB finally realized that he had to change how he ran this organization.  But, anyone who thinks that is honestly just lying to themselves! 

If you don't believe me, all that needs to be done to look for yourself at how we still have the smallest scouting department by a massive margin. 

Or, how we currently have millions and millions of unused cap space for this year's team. I believe we're in the bottom 5 of unused cap money for this year, and have the most to spend for next year. How much better could that O-line have been this year, if another 30 or 40 million would have been spent this past off-season? ( full disclosure...I'm not certain what the exact number us for this year. I'm assuming it's near that amount considering next year we will have around 50 mill I believe?)

Or how, the team has to still go to either a local high school,  or University of Cincinnati if the team wants to practice in an indoor practice field.  I honestly still can't believe that a local high school has one, but a NFL team in the same city doesn't!

There's countless more examples,  but I'm tired, and it's late. 

MB is hands down the worst thing that has ever happened to the city of Cincinnati,  and it's surrounding areas! I sincerely hope and pray that when it's time to hamd the Bengals the Lombardi trophy, MB isn't up there to accept it because he fell asleep on the toilet with 5 minutes left in the game and everyone forgot to wake him up! 

One last thing...I want to make it clear that I didn't criticize anyone else that you had listed. Even though I haven't agreed with many of their moves over the years, I sincerely do believe that the incompetence the organization has shown over the past decade that most of them have been involved with is for the most part, not due to them.  

I couldnt agree more.  MB is the worst owner in NFL history as to providing resources for his team.  The old stories are embarrassing and the disadvantages we have today are obvious.

I just shake my head at those who think because we had one winning playoff season in 31 years that everything is great.  The players and staff finally outperformed ownership.  They overcame unnecessary disadvantages.

I absolutely believe things have gotten better since Katie took over much of the operation. But MB still has final say, even on draft picks.  His ego knows no end, the fact we have never had a GM ever because he thinks he knows talent is so comical I want to cry.  It is time ownership steps up and makes some moves to ensure we sustain this new success with our young squad, so much potential.

Duke needs more resources - we have 6 scouts.  Steelers, Ravens, Browns have us beat 3 to 1 in scouting.  And before some MB homer chimes in with "What is their record?" or "Why arent they in the Super Bowl" let me explain.  

The personnel dept did well in Free Agency the last couple of years, but it wasnt like Mike Brown had some epiphany.  The players association demanded that a salary minimum be forced on all teams because of owners like MB.

The draft is where we need help the most.  It is not hard to pick good players at #1 or #5, we could all do that, and not one of us would have selected John Ross in the first round.

We actually had 3 1st round draft busts in 4 years, 2015-2018.  What kind of a killer is that to a small market team?

We have drafted ONE solid oline starter in the last 10 years. 
Do you know what happens when you draft oline so poorly?  You lead the league in hurries, hits, and sacks.  A franchise QB could have his knee ripped apart, an opponent could sack our QB 9 times in one game.  Also the playbook is limited to 3 step drops only, no downfield plays because of poor blocking.

Im not saying to replace Duke, just expand his resources.  A few more hires.

We also need our own facility. I know PBS has many resources, but we practice on a 2 acre goat pasture under a highway.  And our indoor field is a basketball court with carpet.

We are a SB team with a great future we need a place we can practice indoors with all the other resources.  We dont even have to own it, other teams do partnership deals. But put our logo on it. Doesnt have to be $100M like other teams are doing, hell Carolina is building a mega facility on 277 acres and in the meantime ownership built them a temporary indoor facility.  Thats commitment (in warmer weather).

And save all the politics on not having space and the deal with the city/other company wont give the land up drama.  The Bengals BEFORE the playoffs and Super Bowl were worth an estimated $2.4B.  We can make something happen with that kind of equity.

If the new soccer team in Cincy can find space and build a 3 field facility our NFL team should be able to as well.

Let's get some more resources in scouting and provide our team, at the least, the cheapest indoor facility in the league.  FA's will want to come here now, lets not disappoint.  We are a SB team let's hope ownership matches the commitment these players and coaches have shown.

I apologize to anyone who may be offended and yes I am capable of being ecstatic about the super bowl and voicing concerns regarding resources at the same time.
Reply/Quote